• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

Played my second tourney this weekend, shot even in the doubles event Friday night, which isnt bad for the course played.

Then sh** the bed Saturday on singles day, both rounds. Worst playing of the year, shot 13 and 17 over, which I KNOW I can shoot better than that by myself, just must have had subconsious tourney nerves....

Oh well, went out yesterday and played a casual round and got myself in a better mood about dg again.

Played hole 1 decent but then had to wait 25 minutes for the downpour to subside. Played well after that although no one would know because I had the course to myself.

Splashed chains on a 240' wooded left to right dogleg hole yesterday, dropped next to the basket. Once again, not a soul around, coulda been playin naked, painted up in Seahawks colors, junk swinging in the summer breeze. But I wasn't.

49ers fan here. That would have lowered my course rating for sure. ;) But congrats on the ace, and I love those solo rounds.

About halfway through my round I was on track to beat my personal best. My drives were decent, and I was parking my upshots and nailing my putts. Awesome. Then I triple-bogeyed twice in a row, and other stuff happened, and I ended up with a worse than average score. Grrrrr. Still had fun, though.

Won the Advanced Division in our local tournament today by three strokes. Had a killer first round then shot slick on the second round to keep a lead. Had a great time, and all while still getting used to playing on good concrete tee-pads instead of sand and clay.

Played pretty well, putting was on though te location on my drives was off. Upshots and midranges were on point though.

Played a course I usually don't play so it was good but could have been better.

1 ace and 6 metal hits in the Ace Race yesterday.......... 4 gatorades, 6 waters, 6 All Day IPAs and a Lord Hobo STC to combat the sweltering heat. Free pool access after the round was the MVP of the day.

It was supposed to be raining all day & there were two events scheduled that I wasn't attending. The rain passed well north of here, so I went out to a couple of pitch & putt nines & then our local Rec course. Shot 27 down over 55 holes, so I'm OK with that!

Played hudson mills metropark long (in dexter michigan)today. 5 over. Not great, but when I get stung twice on my right index finger at the tee of 9. Swelled up, but soldiered on. I'm happy with it.

Played for my first time since May 2 when I had ACL surgery. 3.5 months. I've been putting a little bit for the last month or so, but I haven't done any throwing.

I decided to play in our little match play tournament yesterday (easier to drop out of match play than doubles or an expensive PDGA). My knee held up well, only tweaked it on one hole where I threw really hard (and almost aced an uphill 300 footer). Ended up playing well, threw a few nice drives, hit some solid putts, won the "pro" division. Think I'll take a few more weeks off before going out again.

Played two dubs rounds at Brandy Lake, one league then one casual. Shot -10 and -11 respectively. Putted well, and hit the basket on hole 7 long, which is a tough one. Great night!

Played exclusively with my roc3 and wardens today on my home course. Par 54 course and shot -4. Very short course so these discs are all I need to play well on it. Stressing form and really throwing for all angles to get form down on the shots I want to make.

Played last night on my birthday. Shot a +7 with no double bogies, 1 birdie and the rest bogies and pars. I feel like I'm getting close to another step up in my game. Distance is increasing off the tee and everything is getting better in general.

I stepped up to the first tee and threw a warm-up drive. Parked it. Threw another warm-up, which was supposed to be a hyzer flip and turned into a roller but ended up in an okay spot anyway. Threw my for-real drive and totally shanked it. That set the tone for the rest of the round's drives. My putting was also awful, though my upshots were weirdly good.

Bagged two newer local (Cincinnati ) 9 holers to up my course total to 225. Threw my 700th DGCR recorded round and even was able to hit my 6th career ACE (even if it was only a 170 foot hole). Pretty good day!

I was perfect, didn't miss a tree

Played my 3rd round ever, the day before White River DGC hosts a two day b-tier PDGA tournament.

Hit at least one tree on every hole, nailed two or more on a few. One triple bogey, two double bogeys, seven bogeys, and eight pars for a (+14) 68. Good thing I am not playing tomorrow and Sunday. :doh:

1st round - Bad - Community Park, Channahon, IL - Short Tees - 65 - Dgcr rating 727
I screwed up in nearly every possible way. Shanked drives, flubbed approaches, and consistently bad putting.

2nd round - Ok - Old Smokey City Park, Braidwood, IL - 25 - Dgcr rating 893
Really easy 9 hole course. Drives were good for the most part but didn't hit any putts outside of 15'.

90 degrees with 85 percent humidity is pretty much my red-line limit for disc golfing. And it's only 10 am! The 20 minute walk to the course from my hotel room should help me limber up. Oh, the stupid things I do for reviews....

My prediction for throwing Kadena Air Base today? Pain.

Latest posts