• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

So stinkin' windy! I didn't play terribly, although birdies are hard to come by with 15-30mph winds unless absolutely parked. I fell victim to headwind putts a couple times, and had one particularly impressive forehand cut roller that went 100-150' forward before cut rolling 200' to the right into a creek that I didn't think was in play.

It ended up being par golf on a not so difficult course (Wild Horse Park in Mustang), but it was fun.

Eight over 66 at Sunrise (two better than the first time I played there a couple months ago). Only one birdie, also one double. My latest thing (here and elsewhere) is to hit the front of the basket on any outside the circle putt - did that four times today. Perfectly on line shots, just a foot too short.

Shot a new personal best today, a 1 over, at Cedarrock!!! What a great day. My best driving day ever, upshots were pretty great and my putting, with my new Spike, was lights out. I shattered my previous personal best of 6 over. I really felt lately that I was about to turn the corner and see all my work pay off and it did today.

1 over at frankenmuth, mi. Putting game was off.

What really annoyed me was in a 5 hole period I went eagle, bogey, double bogey, bogey, three putt par.

/sigh

Should have stayed home today. They had changed positioning on 8 of the 18 baskets, longer positions, and wind played heck with my putting. Not good!:doh:

88 degrees with 85% humidity,no breeze, at 9 a.m. Played the back 10 at Homestead Air Reserve Park,5 pars,5 bogeys,a 5 over 35;best score yet.Been playing for approx, 6 weeks;had the normally inconsistent Omega SS working for me today.40' par putt,some nice approaches including a sweet(lucky) 60' spike anny from behind a tree that parked 3' away for drop-in par!

It was pretty windy and I missed a couple short ones bc of it, but made 4 huge putts, 1 from 45, 2 from like 60ish and 1 putt/approach from like 140. Ended -5 elver shorts.

Test played a possible new course in Ironwood MI and loved it. Lost my pink Atlas on the water hole, which sucks BUT its meant to be a risk reward shot, and the wind punished me and sunk it. Plays the way its meant to. Hopefully the course is approved in a couple weeks!!!

Then went and played a casual round at Mountain Man's playground, and man that course is looking good!

Cant post pic directly here for some reason but here are a few pics from today

https://facebook.com/groups/1345297298820956

Last edited:
13 down in dubs. Got a ctp and won a McPro Aviar. Tied for third. No complaino tonight.

Took my old man to his cataract surgery today, had some time to kill, played one round at Bassett Creek and two rounds at Sunnyside. Minimalist bag, Star Aviar, Champion Roc3, Champion Leopard3, Champion Beast, and Champion Beast-X. Shot a 43 at Bassett Creek, 22 and 21 at Sunnyside. Taking a couple of weeks to let the skin on my index finger grow back has paid dividends. For those who did not know, the inside portion of my index finger had eroded away from overplaying in excessively wet conditions. Forehander problems hahaha.

Took my old man to his cataract surgery today, had some time to kill, played one round at Bassett Creek and two rounds at Sunnyside. Minimalist bag, Star Aviar, Champion Roc3, Champion Leopard3, Champion Beast, and Champion Beast-X. Shot a 43 at Bassett Creek, 22 and 21 at Sunnyside. Taking a couple of weeks to let the skin on my index finger grow back has paid dividends. For those who did not know, the inside portion of my index finger had eroded away from overplaying in excessively wet conditions. Forehander problems hahaha.

Glad you're on the mend. Better than my buddy that got bitten on his throwing thumb by a most unfriendly dog at Zebulon Park Dgc. He got much better throwing lefty for a couple months.

Glad you're on the mend. Better than my buddy that got bitten on his throwing thumb by a most unfriendly dog at Zebulon Park Dgc. He got much better throwing lefty for a couple months.

Oh man how bad did he get it? Pretty bad if incapacitated for months I would guess. Gonna guess it was an unleashed dog too. Hahahaha I threw a lefty backhand about 250 ft the other day just messing around. My lefty forehand is pathetic, though. I somehow made a Z Buzzz do frontflips while still traveling forward. About 30 feet hahahaha. Don't even know how that is possible. Terrible OAT probably lol. I might just have to work on it. Lefty backhand is easier for sure, I just basically used the same motion I used to do when I swung a bat hahaha. Whereas lefty forehand, total absence of any semblance of muscle memory. Blank slate, maybe hahaha. I wish I were ambi. But yeah, thanks for the kind words, man. Abstaining from play is torture, but you gotta let yourself heal. Otherwise, you won't. Science.

Played a 9 hole combo of the lower and upper courses at Mountain Man's Playground today. Started off miserable and angry, as my decent teeshot, which from the tee looked like it landed dead-center fairway, decided to pull some ghost/magician/wizard disappearing act, and was nowhere to be found. Ended up taking a 7 on this par four. Followed with a great birdie 3 on the next hole, and a bogey on holes 3 and 4.

Then I followed that by throwing my grid Aviar off the tee on a 160 foot hole, and chained out left side; almost had the first ace on that property! Two'ed that and the next hole, then a couple 3's, and finished on a bogey 5.

Frustrating start, but a fun round nonetheless.

Road trip to hit my 50th course in the last twelve months and to write my 50th review in the same span. The air was dry, crystal clear, and 75 degrees, rather than the recent 90 and humid. And I canned an ace with my best DG buddy. Pretty sweet day to start a three day weekend! :thmbup::D

Went to Will Rogers today with my son and had an alright day, me +6 for the first 18, and -1 for the following nine... Jr on the other hand did +2 after the first 18 and -2 on the following nine... not too bad for only being three months into this DG thing...

Quick round in a tree-laden course. Highlight of the day? My wife drained a 75-100' forehand approach around some trees. For me, my putts are still way too inconsistent outside 15'. Also, tunnel shots and wooded fairways are something I need to work on. As Nate Sexton said in a CCDG video, "the straight shot: the chump's greatest enemy." I suppose I'm getting better, but it's a rare thing for me to birdie a "straight shot" hole.

Also, I regret being a bad "disc golf citizen." There was a group of 4 playing ahead of us, and I almost hit them as they were cleaning up on a green I couldn't see. I thought I had given plenty of time, but I was obviously wrong. On the one hand, maybe they should have let us play through earlier, but on the other, I certainly could have exercised some more patience. Sorry guys, and thanks for only getting mildly annoyed...

Well I played Ausable Chasm in Keeseville, NY first time on that course. Shot at 23 on the front 9 as its all narrow tunnel shots in a course built on an old pole pine farm. The back nine which is the newer part of the course is an ace race pitch n' putt. I came out even on the back nine started off with birdie and finished with a bogey. Had some ok putts and some great putts. Then I also had the errant throws that'd gag a maggot. Woah is life.