• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

That's my preferred method of dislodging treetrapped discs

I would have climbed the thing but it's dead and branchless for the first 25' or so. The disc probably slid free as soon as I left...

Shot +7 at one of our tight, very wooded courses yesterday evening. Felt like I played better than my number. Putting and upshots were great but on that course trouble off the tee is really trouble, it's like the wilds of Borneo or something in the rough.

I shot the best round during this summer with a +7 over 27 holes. I have been changing my form during the season and finally start getting around to get the muscle memories to stick and all. I have also changed my bag more or less fully for this season which haven't really helped either. But to go back to the round I had a couple of bogeys, 1 double bogey and one triple bogey which shouldn't have been there but I also had 6 birdies which made the round really good. Shame winter is coming to soon. :(

Got out for the first time in two weeks, but i've been doing a lot of driving putter form work in my yard. It showed. Even par, 4 bird and 4 bogey, at a course I've never played (seymore park in Oxford, mi. First time taking wizards to the course and they were money. I missed 2 putts inside the circle, one was a funky one knee lie.

Biggest thing today for me was every drive I took, with a driver and going for distance, was over 350. Next time I play that course, I will be back, I'm really going to go for it.

Last edited:
Played in the rain yesterday, which is very uncharacteristic of me. I'm usually a fair weather player. It sucked, I sucked, but today is sunny and I'm going back out for a revenge round.

Threw just slightly under my average for my home course today, but both temperature and humidity were significantly down and enjoyed every minute of it!:thmbup:

Putting well again of course, no missed putts inside the circle. Everything else was garbage but my Patriot which I threw well. Of course playing all 27 at Seatac and 18 at Terrace Creek my throwing got progressively worse as I tired.

I played +1 for a 58 at a local favorite. My game is up and down. My mind is my own worst enemy and I choke all to often trying not to choke....

My local course just reinstalled arguably the best 2-3 best holes after a year of absence. A highly prized species of hawk had nested in part of the course prompting the park relocate holes 13-16 for safety reasons. The bird didn't return to the nest site last spring and the powers that be FINALLY let our local club reinstall that section of the course a couple weeks ago.

Still loving the decision I made last spring to switch up my midranges. They carved up the new (old) layout more consistently than I ever remember doing with my last midrange setup.

I played horribly...but had a fantastic time!

Met up with two of the nicest guys I met from this site, and got all kinds of great help and pointers. Things is, I think when you try to undo something you're doing wrong, you actually get worse before you get better. Boy, did I! So...even throwing TWO drivers from each tee, and taking the best of the two...and EVEN with getting a Mulligan or two (but who's counting?)... I shot +25 for the course. Even for me, a new high!

On the bright side - so much room for improvement! And I do continue to find disc golf people are some of the nicest people around. And even when you play poorly, it is more fun than playing alone.

803.03 G 4 cost me an A-Tier win.

Lost by 2 strokes to Schwebby after being assessed 2 strokes for said infraction. A first for me. I had no problem getting penalized. All the members in my group received the same penalty. We self-reported it.

Had my worst tournament performance in 5 yrs this weekend at the Ocala Silver Springs Shootout. I love the courses there (Greenway and Pine Oaks) and had not been able to play the Shootout since 2013, which I took 3rd in MA1, so I was excited to be back there and hoping to improve my scores.

Coming off my best putting performance in a tourney just a couple months ago, I ended up having my worst putting performance. I can't recall making a single putt outside of 20 ft. I'm usually good for at least 1-4 solid 35-50ft jump putts on any given round. I didn't make one the entire weekend and even missed a couple bone-headed short putts. 72 holes of golf and I carded only 2 birdie 2's.. 2.. Not just a lousy round where I only got 2, I'm talkin' 2 the entire weekend. :wall: I kept trying to keep my confidence from wavering. I was still approaching every putt like I do every other one that I make. I never allow myself negative thoughts of missing. I'm going to line up for this putt and its going to go in the basket and that's that. So each new putt was the one I kept thinking was "due to go in" but it just never happened. At Greenway, I was scrambling just to save par on what seemed like every hole. My release timing was off and I was finding every tree in the fairway. :doh: It was just all around terrible golf.

So obviously I was on bottom card Sunday at Pine Oaks and not to put down the guys I was playing with, because they were all great guys and we had a good time, but it was a little extra frustrating when I couldn't hold the tee-box and break away on the score card from guys playing their first advanced tourneys and/or barely over 880-900 rated. Guys I'm used to playing with are 11 - 16 strokes ahead of me and it was a definite hit to my confidence. Time to get back to work on some things and fix this disaster before my next tourney in November.

I'm going to need to take a casual road trip back up to Ocala and wreak some vengeance on Greenway soon. Particularly when I can play at normal pace instead of a 4.5hr round with a 10 minute wait on every hole.

Looking back I can point to so many things that probably had a lot to do with my performance. There was major work stress going on in the back of my mind and I had to keep an eye on some lingering work issues via email from my phone during the round. Then there was the college party in the house behind mine the Friday night before so I only got about 2hrs of sleep before getting up at 5am to make the drive to the course. Then my stomach felt weird that morning and I couldn't force down any food. I pretty much started playing on an empty stomach which is against my own rules. I was probably setup for failure before I even arrived. LOL

#BackToTheDrawingBoard #PickUpThePiecesAndGoHome

2 under at goldenrod in davison, mi. I left a lot of putts out there, but felt really good overall. I don't get out to that course often. Way to many mosquitoes during the summer.

Shots felt good all round, accuracy just needs in improve a little more. Just need to keep at it.

Shot my best round ever at Lydle Gold, a 58. It started out as a good, not great round. missed some putts left myself in some bad spots on what should be birdie holes then I got hot and got deuces on 14, 15, 17, 18, 19 and got a 3 on the 1000 ft downhill hole number 20.

Absolute disaster this weekend. Saturday I held it together and was only a couple off the lead. Then Sunday comes around and I got beat by 15 strokes. Time to go back to the woodshed.

2 quick rounds at Griffin. First on shorts, second on longs. Nothing special, but I'm slowly getting better. One of these days I'll have to sign up for a real tournament to see how I stack up in a real competition.

I hit just one 45' putt, and I still miss many 20-30 footers. My good drives are better than they used to be, but I still managed to throw some drives just 50-100 feet due to trees. On the bright side, that gave me some opportunities to work my scramble game. Probably some of my best throws/putts were just to save bogey or par.

... even throwing TWO drivers from each tee, and taking the best of the two...and EVEN with getting a Mulligan or two (but who's counting?)... I shot +25 for the course. Even for me, a new high!...

I walked off the course for the first time yesterday.

I had a great time on the practice turf all week and decided to throw for bird whenever possible. I hit every fricking tree on the front nine and was over my course worst by hole #9.

I threw par for 10, 11, and 12 (my nemesis hole) and then came up on a group of six young adults and little kids moving really slowly, who didn't understand the concept of a single playing through, so I gave up and abandoned my round at #13.

Hoping for improvement next time...

Played Big Horn Ridge in Big Sky(no relation) last night. Played all longs, except for 16 cause that's scary even with a handful of friends to watch your disc. Ended at 51, 3 under "par". Should have been a few strokes better but didn't start making putts til hole 10. I just had a little form error that I corrected. Once I did that, I got 3 of the last 5 "birdie" holes. Should have gotten 16 from the shorts but I used the disc charger on the bench and it it powered me up waaaaay too much. Ended up yank-flipping my FH Zone. Was lucky to find my disc, let alone get up and down for the 3.

Latest posts