• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] So Mad!!!!

DGGuy0908

I lost my first disc today. It makes me angry and I know there will be more soldiers that will fall in the future. That sinking filling you get when you know right where your man is but you just have to suck it up and leave him behind. You try for hours but he will just not budge. Very sad. How many discs have you guys lost in your career and describe that pain when you have to leave him behind.

Most of the discs I have lost I've had backups for.
There have been a few that were really hard to leave behind, but it is the nature of the game.

I've probably lost $500 worth of plastic over my time. They all hurt, especially in the pocketbook.

I've lost over 60 discs, my fiancee has lost another 30 over the last 10 years of traveling and playing together. Eventually you realize it's just plastic and is easily replaceable.

60...wow

I lost the most after I started improving my game a bit with distance. I'm at the point now that I fortunately don't hae too many go missing even though I play 3-4 times per week.

So far this year I've only lost two. Both z Wildcats that suck to replace. I forehanded one out of a bush stupidly right into the water. The other I lost in a field of long grass. Couldn't find it after an hour of looking. Horrible.

I lost my 7 year old putter this week, the pain is deep. She was so beat nothing can replace it. Time to move on. The indian not the arrow. I'll be fine. Time to go drink. Thanks for reminding me. I'm depressed. I guess its an up and down struggle that I take one day at a time. lol Maybe we will get a call!

I've played for one summer now. So far I've lost 6 discs. Two went in the same pond on the same day, two were lost because I can't see yellow discs, one roc I simply forgot to pick up, and the other roc was a victim of dark sorcery.

Losses don't bother me. It's all part of the game.

Almost all were at courses I'd never played before on days where we were trying to play 5-8 rounds in a day, I'd rather leave a disc behind than miss out on playing another course on a road trip and it's easy to lose discs when you don't know what spots to avoid or exactly where a hidden swamp that's not on the tee sign is lurking.

they are easily replaced in the bag, but not in my heart. ;_;

seriously, though. i get so pissed when i lose a disc. i prefer white discs in a certain weight range so they're not always that easy to find. and they usually have some dye on them, which is a huge time investment.

it is what it is and now a lost disc simply doesn't happen unless i do something REALLY stupid like try to throw over the pond my first time at the Valley DGC here in MN and hit a tree, sending it directly into the middle of said pond.

not like that happened yesterday or anything. nope. even if it had, i could always take solace in the fact that it would have made it over.

yup, that's what i'd do.

I can never resist throwing over a water hazard that's within my range, it's just way too much fun to go for that kind of shot that you know you have to get a perfect rip to make it over. A few lost discs is a small price to pay for that rush IMO. :)

I suppose you don't know what disc golf is all about until you've felt the pain of losing a disc.

I can never resist throwing over a water hazard that's within my range, it's just way too much fun to go for that kind of shot that you know you have to get a perfect rip to make it over. A few lost discs is a small price to pay for that rush IMO. :)

Definitely!
I lost my beloved Vulcan at the IDGC a couple of weeks back.
Sometimes I think it's destiny and I couldn't think of a better restring place than in the lake at Steady #4!

Lost my go-to understable Mamba tonight in a monster thicket. I spent a good half hour pounding around in there, putting holes in my shirt and drawing blood, but the sun went down and she's gone. Guess I'll have to bag my green metal flake one now, and the world keeps spinning.

I reckon I've lost at least 20, but I've found close to that with no name or numbers, and returned at least ten to their owners. It's just plastic, and discs belong to the universe, man.

It really only bothers me in tournament or match play when it costs me strokes. Otherwise once I leave the course I can go think about what disc I can buy to replace it.

Almost all were at courses I'd never played before on days where we were trying to play 5-8 rounds in a day, I'd rather leave a disc behind than miss out on playing another course on a road trip and it's easy to lose discs when you don't know what spots to avoid or exactly where a hidden swamp that's not on the tee sign is lurking.

good explanation

new courses can be brutal

On the same note, when you're out alone on the course and you find an un-inked 11x Eagle, that's about as good as it gets.

This year has been pretty good, think I only lost 2-3. Probably 20-25 lost in my life. Cheaper then ball golf.

Losing discs is why I've stopped caring about collecting backups of specialized runs. It got to the point where I didn't want to throw certain holes because of the risk/reward being too great. I still get attached to the discs I'm throwing, but it hurts a lot less when you know you just pissed $10 away instead of $40.

Plus, I funded a week of disc golfing in NC and SC from selling some of the backups of boutique discs I don't throw anymore. I'll take a week playing of 23 incredible and new-to-me courses to staring at a bunch of plastic any day!

Last edited:

Latest posts