• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So what are your top 10 courses?

charris414

Eagle Member
Figured that this hadn't been done in awhile, and I wanted to get an idea of quality courses to play in other parts of the country, since I'm a NYer. Anyway, here's my list:

1. Warwick Town Park - Warwick, NY (home of the Skylands NT)
2. Maple Hill - Marshall Street, Leicester, MA
3. Waterworks - Kansas City
4. Fountain Hills - Phoenix, AZ
5. Tinicum Park - Erwinna, PA
6. Brandywine State Park - Wilmington, DE
7. Pyramids - Marshall Street, Leicester, MA
8. Wickham Park - Manchester, CT
9. Borderland State Park - Sharon, MA
10. Cliff Stephens Park - Clearwater, FL

Wow. I don't have that kind of experience.
I can give you one I really like ...
Toronto Island. It's nice.
Also, Granite Ridge at Highbury Hills, WI.

1. Buffumville-Charlton MA
2. Smyrna- Smyrna TN
3. Borderlands- Easton MA
4. Maple Hill- Leister MA
5. Wickham- Manchester CT
...starts to get hazy...

I have only played Amesbury Pines(my home course), Pyebrook Park(Toppsfield), and Maple Hills.

yenkosc said:
I have only played Amesbury Pines(my home course), Pyebrook Park(Toppsfield), and Maple Hills.

i plan on playing pyebrook in september...

1. Tyler State Park - Newtown, PA
2. Warwick Town Park - Warwick, NY
3. Maple Hill - Leicester, MA
4. Renaissance Park - Charlotte, NC
5. Dragan Field - Auburn, ME
6. Nockamixon State Park - Quakertown, PA
7. Moraine State Park - Portersville, PA
8. Elk Creek DGC - Appomattox, VA
9. Hyzer Creek - Saratoga Springs, NY
10. Tinicum Park - Erwinna, PA

My list seems to change day to day with my moods so I won't even try to assign an order.

Top 10 (in no particuliar order)

Woodshed - Paw Paw, WV
Rockburn Branch- Ellicott City, MD
Killens Pond- Felton, DE
Highbridge Gold, Highbridge, WI
Blueberry Hill, Highbridge, WI
Heroes (private course) Hartford, CT
Little Lehigh Parkway- Allentown, PA
Codorus State Park (54 holes) Hanover, PA
Warwick - Warwick, NY
Druid Hill- Baltimore, MD

Well that reflects my bias for today.

Honorable mention goes to Rutgers in New Brunswick, NJ. I'm playing there tommorrow in the Jersey Jam. I love the Jam layout that we play in tournaments. The only reason it didn't make the top ten is because the non Jam layout is too short and doesn't include the super cool pond holes.

1. Cass Benton - Northville MI
2. Stony Creek - Shelby MI
3. Gale Vaugh Memorial Course - Shelby MI
4. Devils Ridge - Oxford MI
5. Hudson Mills - Monster - Ann Arbor MI
6. Hudson Mills Original - Ann Arbor MI
7. The Tunnel - Milford MI
8. Addison Oaks - Romeo MI
9. Fire Fighters - Troy MI
10. Starr Jaycee - Royal Oak MI

Rooster,

Couldn't help but notice all ten of your favs were in Michigan (guessin home state). Have you played many courses outside of Mi. ?

1. Seven Oaks - Nashville, TN
2. Henry Horton - Chapel Hill, TN
3. Barfield Crescent - Murfreesboro, TN
4. Two Rivers - Nashville, TN

I started playing about 3 months ago and I'm as addicted as it gets. Those are the only courses I've played so far, anyone on here been to any of them? This week I finally managed to shoot par at Seven Oaks, so I think I'm making some decent progress.

Seven Oaks is a great course, played it on my way to Bonaroo a couple years ago. I forgot the name though cause we played so many...

i just started discin' last summer so i haven't really left anywhere for vaction so no i'm afraid i haven't. by the end of the season im sure i will.

1. Big Sur Temp. course - Big Sur, CA
2. Zephyr Cove - Zepher Cover, NV
3. Pebble Beach - Pebble Beach, CA
4. DeLaVeaga - Santa Cruz, CA
5. Cypress - Fort Ord, CA
6. The Redwood Curtain - Arcata, CA
7. The Oaks - Fort Ord, CA
8. Bijou - South Lake Tahoe, CA
9. Harding's 18 - Watsonville, CA
10. Carmel Middle School - Carmel, CA

I think that's about 80% of the courses I've played...

I still havent gotten to play any courses outside of colorado (I still havent played all the courses I would like to. but my top 5 colorado courses would be

1. Copper (have not yet played aspen)
2. Frisco (another good mountian course, much less elevation change)
3. Pacos Gultch (my new home course 15 minutes away from my denver house)
4. Badlands (alot of elevation change for a in city course, w/ the blair witch holes making the course 27 theres some tight stuff too)
5. Johnny Roberts (sure its just a putt and mid coruse, but it still challenges me, I can throw -11 (my record there) one round than even the next. )

1. Waterworks Park-Kansas City, MO
2. Frisco (the view)-Frisco, CO
3. Rolling Hills-Lamoni, IA
4. Frontier Park, Hays, KS
5. Chautauqua Park, Beatrice, NE

Waterworks gets my #1 vote because it has a little bit of everything. Frisco is beautiful and the ski lift chairs on each tee pad are very unique. Each time I get to play a new course it's an adventure and I look forward to playing many more!

Haven't played on much, maybe a dozen, so here's my top 5/

1) Standing Rocks, Stevens Point WI
2) Vollrath, Sheboygan WI (home course)
3) Yulga, Stevens Point, WI
4) Crystal Lake Park, Beaver Dam, WI
5) Baraboo, WI

pd

Every course I've ever played will make this list so take it with a boulder of salt.

1. Hippodrome N. Augusta, SC
A temporary course for the '06 Worlds. What can I say? I'm a glutton for punishment. This course is brutal for someone of my limited abilities. Open Men played it twice. The first round Climo tore it up for a -14 and the second round (same baskets and tees) he shot a +1. It's also quite scenic in some areas with an elevated view of downtown Augusta. The only thing I want to remember about my one round played at this course is bombing a 500 ft. drive on a hole with about 30 ft. elevation drop.
2. Lake Olmstead - Augusta, GA
Disc retailers love this course (unless they don't like making money).
3. Redan - Atlanta, GA
I've only played it twice but it's super well maintained with a good variety of shot types.
4. Riverview - N. Augusta, SC
The first 12 holes are great there are some pretty weak holes in the back six. Prepare for humidity near 100% at all times and lots of mosquitoes.
5. East Roswell - Atlanta, GA
Lots and lots of woods. Very tough, but fair. It loses some points for crap teepads and high traffic.
6. Patriots Park - Grovetown, GA
I used to love this course but lately the park has let it go to crap. It's lost one hole to construction and had another (my favorite on the course) all but ruined by it. They rarely cut the grass anymore which is not cool considering the number of snake sightings here.
7. Pendleton King - Augusta, GA
Way too many people strolling on the course and can't be played on the weekends without major headaches due to all the traffic. It's also short. They also recently ruined my favorite hole out here by shortening it way up (old distance 390ft. new distance 275ft.).
8. Tupelo Bay - Myrtle Beach, SC
This course sucks. No holes longer than 300 ft. and most shorter than that. It's on a par three golf course. Waiting for 5 or 10 minutes on every tee pad for the golfers to move while it's still 95 degrees at night with 95% humidity sucks. It is lighted so you can experience it's suckitude at night. This is also the only course I've ever payed to play. Stay Clear!

It is lighted so you can experience it's suckitude at night.

....looks in dictionary.....nope not there

this made me laugh because as I read down the post, you had stronger remarks for every courses 4-8. :lol:

1. Mt. Morris 18 hole Mt. Morris, WI
2. Standing Rocks 18 hole Plover, WI
3. North Wood County Park 20 hole Vesper, WI
4. Yulga 18 hole Stevens Point, WI
5. Mead park...c'mon, it's fun for a cool down.

Latest posts