• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Socially Positive Discs

Would You pay extra money for a higher donation to a charity?

• Yes

Votes: 30 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 35 53.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DiscTosser

Par Member
If you knew that you were paying 1 or 2 extra dollars for a disc, but the profit made was going directly to a charity; Would you feel more inclined to purchase one?

Would you want a custom stamp proving your support, or would you feel content knowing that you made a difference?

if i was in the store and there was stock stamps on one shelf. the one next to it for charity help. i would chose charity.

also custom stamp is recognizable and would help people remind of whatever charity it is. not really have it to brag, and show to others proving your a heartfelt person, but a nice reminder of why you bought that certain disc.

If I feel I inclined to support a charity, I'll do so directly...and then take the tax write off. I never add on to my purchases for charity.

Give without getting, a solid "gauge" to how much you support whatever cause it may be. I'm not saying adding a couple $$ to the price of a disc for charity can't help, but would you still give those $$$ if you weren't getting anything in return?

It's kinda like when the grocery store asks "would you like to add a dollar to your purchase to support ____". Not that I don't care I just always say "no".

Give without getting, a solid "gauge" to how much you support whatever cause it may be. I'm not saying adding a couple $$ to the price of a disc for charity can't help, but would you still give those $$$ if you weren't getting anything in return?

I see what you're saying, but For-Profit businesses that make social differences, such as Sevenly, are becoming more and more popular. Basically it doesn't really matter why people are buying the product, it's if they are buying the product.

Probably not, but I suppose it depends on the charity. It could be considered a convenient way to contribute, but I generally prefer to keep my charitable donations separate from my business.

Last edited:
def depends on the charity.

also online not as much. i never buy discs online, but when i do its misprints and the cheapest ones i can find with free shipping. if i was in the store i have a much easier time throwing down an extra dollar. just my antics though, everyone is different.

I'd probably be more inclined to enter a tournament held specifically for the purpose of raising funds for the charity... don't ask me why, I just would.

I'd probably be more inclined to enter a tournament held specifically for the purpose of raising funds for the charity... don't ask me why, I just would.

me too actually. i am more inclined to enter the ice bowl than i am if they sold ice bowl discs for a dollar or two above retail.

I have one charity on my mind that I have toyed around the idea of doing a tournament for. It sounds like a really interesting idea to me as well.

I see what you're saying, but For-Profit businesses that make social differences, such as Sevenly, are becoming more and more popular. Basically it doesn't really matter why people are buying the product, it's if they are buying the product.

I agree, I have some friends that are releasing "Bulletproof Souls" on Monday. Very similar concept. I just like to gauge whether or not I will donate to a cause by asking, if I weren't getting anything from it, would I still give?

I think someone needs to throw a charity tournament for Russ martins fallen police and fire foundation. He could advertise on his show and I bet a 1000 people would show up.

I think someone needs to throw a charity tournament for Russ martins fallen police and fire foundation. He could advertise on his show and I bet a 1000 people would show up.

Maybe, but I would prefer to keep this a broad subject of charities and not get into particular ones. I'm sure all of us would prefer a different charity.

If I feel I inclined to support a charity, I'll do so directly...and then take the tax write off. I never add on to my purchases for charity.

Agreed. Although moreso than the tax issue, I want to know what the charity is doing with the money (particularly what proportion actually goes to the benefit of others/cause and what proportion gets eaten up by administrative stuff).

Not all charities are efficiently run, some blow money on BS like expensive advertising and unsolicited mail outs. :/

When I buy a disc, I buy the one I want. When I donate to charity, I donate to the causes I support. Keep 'em separate.

I am a cynic, so no. I think this kind of stuff is usually just marketing crap. I would compare the idea to all the pink stuff we are forced to see, buy and hear about. Christ, if all that money went to breast cancer research, it would have been cured years ago. I understand there are legit charities, but as far as I am concerned they are in my neighborhood, and the best thing I can donate is my time and compassion. Sorry to come off as a deek, but I think this is similar to the recent "green" disc golf bag thread.

I will buy a disc if some percent went to charity vs. a disc at the same price with no charitable contribution. That said, like the others above, I'd prefer playing in a tourney raising funds for a good cause: win-win is even better with that extra added fun factor.

I will buy a disc if some percent went to charity vs. a disc at the same price with no charitable contribution. That said, like the others above, I'd prefer playing in a tourney raising funds for a good cause: win-win is even better with that extra added fun factor.

Could you enlighten what percent you would like? Not ignoring the tournament comment, just interested in what would be worthwhile to you to be donated.