• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Soft Judge/Soft Warden/Soft Pure/Medium Pure?

My three putters: (new) Judge classic hard. (new) Pure opto. (found in woods/seems to be new) sss Warlock. Haven't even had them a month yet so not only are they fresh, I am still trying to figure out what I like.... I love the soft feel of the warlock but dont really care for the disc its self so its not in my bag. I'm down to Judge and Pure.....bead or no bead?..and now it seems Warden, might as well throw it in there right? :wall: So I am thinking... soft Judge..soft Warden.. zero soft Pure... zero medium Pure? Any insight on these discs from anyone would be great!

I'll say it before anyone else does: putters are all about personal preference and feel. Those three are pretty similar flight-wise, so it'll boil down to what you're most comfortable with.

I'll say it before anyone else does: putters are all about personal preference and feel. Those three are pretty similar flight-wise, so it'll boil down to what you're most comfortable with.

Well thats the thing. The pure and the judge feel great in my hand. Im assuming the warden will feel pretty good if its a judge with no bead. I was curious about the soft plastic, more so the zero medium. Just hard for me to imagine a 'medium texture' I guess

The warden flies like a judge and it doesn't have a bead, it doesn't feel like a judge in the hand, just fyi. The classic blend is the same as the medium, and my judges in the blend feel just right. A little flex in the flight plate and grippy, but stiff enough for a clean release. Really good plastic

For me, the Warden feels like a slightly larger RGL Pure. A little thicker and deeper rim but with a much smoother edge. Nothing like the beaded Judge in the paw, and seems a little less stable and faster, too...

I preferred the ZERO Hard when putting with the Pure. And I like the Classic (Hard) of the Warden, but the Classic Soft just seems to explode off my fingertips. Anxiously awaiting the Classic Blend Warden; seems like it will be the best of both the grippy and stability worlds! :thmbup:

This. I am going to assume you are talking about actually putting with these putters, so pick the one that feels best and stick with it. A great way to improve your putting is to stick with one disc and practice away instead of constantly switching between discs and/ or molds.

This. I am going to assume you are talking about actually putting with these putters, so pick the one that feels best and stick with it. A great way to improve your putting is to stick with one disc and practice away instead of constantly switching between discs and/ or molds.

Yeah just putting. I really like this Opto Pure for controlled,low clearance/tunnel approaches. Drives really nice too.
I guess Im just trying to find that "perfect for me" mold.
I ordered a Soft Warden so we will see how it goes.

I don't think the warden feels like a beadless judge in the hand at all. Still a great putter but it's closer to some other molds. Picking a putter is very personal. Try a few molds and plastics and once you settle on one you should really stick to it for a while. Once that's all settled you get a stack of 5-10 all the same weight and color if you can and want. Beat those in with a lot of practice and never worry about having a perfect putter for the bag. That's my opinion.

I don't think the warden feels like a beadless judge in the hand at all.

100% agree
a Judge feels like a beaded Pure imo. The Warden feels like neither. Wish I hadn't left my Judge in MI, I'd like to give the 3 of them a workout together. Maybe I'll pick another Judge up just ot have one around.

Latest posts