• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Something similar to nuke flight

intotheblue

Hey everyone,

I just had a quick question; is there anything that is like a shorter nuke? I want something to have the same flight characteristics of a nuke, but just easier to throw. My cousin has a Nuke but I cannot throw it worth a crap! I really like the line he shapes with it though.

Anything that will give me the same line?

I essentially want a shorter Nuke.

Cheers​

Whatever you do, make sure your disc has that ability to park with that extreme ease

Dat ability to park wit dat extreme ease

Dat park.

Surge comes to mind, though I mostly threw ESPs - Zs are more overstable. They were in the bag for 4 years roughly if that matters at all..

Thats a pretty loaded request really. Since the Nuke is so fast, if you're only throwing it 300ft its going to be quite overstable. On the other hand, if you're throwing it 420+ft, its going to be relatively understable. If you're in the sub 420ft category, I would say maybe an Avenger would be close. But also take into account that if you're not throwing that far, a lot of discs will act pretty overstable. But if you're crushing the nuke, I would say maybe a heavy Opto Saint might be close assuming your form is good. Need more info however.

The dc flash will give you similar lines as the esp nukes. Surges can also hit those lines. Two geat discs to consider and research.

let's just restart this entire conversation with...

what line are you talking about? how far is your cousin throwing it, what line does he put it on?

If you're throwing 280 with a Leopard you probably don't need too much extra speed. What kind of lines are you wanting to shape? Just a giant s-curve? Depending on the Nuke he used, you could be wanting different lines.

2l0.png

i would say try out the new MVP Proton Volts, they are shorter than nukes. in proton they have no turn unless you really crank on them and considerable fade, in headwinds they will have a slight turn but seem to fly very wind resistant and pull out of the turn quickly. More LSS Fade than the Neutron Volts depicted in the picture above, the P Volt reminds me of my old 11x Eagles that were a little beefier and wouldn't turn.

I would say if your Anti-MVP find yourself a nice Opto 173g Lat64 Saint, i enjoyed mine when i had one.