• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Something to Remember....Kind of a PSA...

As a self taught sage shamen I always tell people, recovery is like mouthwash if it burns/hurts its working. but seriously I have been enjoying the winterless year we are having and hope you recover sooner rather than later.

Get yourself an iWalk and get out there and play.

My shattered heel put a bit of a damper on things, even kept me completely off the course for a week or two. A day or two after surgery I was out on my crutches throwing 2 or 3 putts. A week later I played 9 holes on crutches. Then I got my iWalk, took me about a week of practice on that to get up to 9 holes. Then within a month I was out on snowy icy hills playing competitive doubles on one leg, I even hit a $100 ace, using my iwalk as a pivot, so while I say it was on one leg, it might have actually been on no legs :/

That was 2 and a half years ago. Today I still limp and feel pretty good pain after a full day of disc golf, but I don't let it slow me down.

In summary, I completely agree with the op in saying don't take good health for granted and get out and enjoy life.

My god

How good are you with two legs? That was crazy.

My god

How good are you with two legs? That was crazy.

Heh, depends on the day... most of the time I'm hanging out towards the top of the advanced field, I have been known to blow away the open field and set course records and such. When I put myself up against the best of the best I came in pretty close to last place (silver cup and majestic pro tour events last year). That said, I challenge anybody to beat me on my own course, which is where that video is taken.

This is like two totally different topics haha nice. I truly wish I could have played yesterday.... stupid caching responsibilities at least I got to spend 90 minutes leading plyometrics and repeats... (eye roll). Saturday looks amazing here too. Of course that'd be the day one of my all day responsibilities was rescheduled for... *sigh*

Great opening story from the OP.... unless the injury was from disc golf. :p j/k

Thanks!

I wonder...if anyone else here has had this happen...Since my injury, I have had very vivid dreams about walking, running and playing dg. I suppose it makes sense but wonder if anyone else has experienced the same thing.

Heh, depends on the day... most of the time I'm hanging out towards the top of the advanced field, I have been known to blow away the open field and set course records and such. When I put myself up against the best of the best I came in pretty close to last place (silver cup and majestic pro tour events last year). That said, I challenge anybody to beat me on my own course, which is where that video is taken.

Dang dude...you got game

Thanks for sharing the video. Gave me some inspiration.

Thanks!

I wonder...if anyone else here has had this happen...Since my injury, I have had very vivid dreams about walking, running and playing dg. I suppose it makes sense but wonder if anyone else has experienced the same thing.

Somewhat related... I can't count how many times I'm dreaming of throwing a long bomb off the tee..and yep...you guessed it...my arm literally swings around and whacks something close by the bed. I've hit the wife, cat, lamp, etc, etc. lol... :D

Oh yeah...No I didn't tell what happened. Well, I sort of did on another thread but here's the short version:

Slipped on some ice. Right foot gets hooked on a chunk of ice frozen to the pavement as left foot slide out. Right foot proceeds to make a 90 degree turn to the outside thus dislocating my ankle and breaking three bones. Wacky drugs at the ER as they relocate my ankle. Surgery the following week. 8 pins and a plate. Crutches suck.

I'm to the point where I can put pressure on it with a walking boot so I've managed to get rid of one crutch but I can't put all of my weight on it without a lot of pain. PT starts this week.

This is about exactly what happened to my wife in mid December (minus the surgery). Slipped on ice, left foot twisted 90 degrees to the outside. She dislocated it and broke the fibula and had two breaks on the tibia. The ER docs were sure she would need surgery, but they did about as good of a job as possible in relocating/setting the break. Orthopedist says that the ankle is located about as well as possible. Surgery would only maybe be able to slightly improve things, but not a guarantee.

She had two natural childbirths (no drugs) and said the break/dislocation hurt way worse.

May you have a speedy and complete recovery!

This is about exactly what happened to my wife in mid December (minus the surgery). Slipped on ice, left foot twisted 90 degrees to the outside. She dislocated it and broke the fibula and had two breaks on the tibia. The ER docs were sure she would need surgery, but they did about as good of a job as possible in relocating/setting the break. Orthopedist says that the ankle is located about as well as possible. Surgery would only maybe be able to slightly improve things, but not a guarantee.

She had two natural childbirths (no drugs) and said the break/dislocation hurt way worse.

May you have a speedy and complete recovery!

LOL...I'm sure she's telling the truth but man after seeing my two kiddos born I find that REALLY hard to believe.

And thanks for the encouragement! I had a nice long talk with my PT today and hey I just made my first trip to the bathroom with no crutches (she said I can do that occasionally if I am super duper careful.)

Thanks!

After my shoulder surgery I had very vivid dreams of reinjuring it. And often had weird awake moments of a dreamlike nature where I was positive my arm was moving to a position where it would dislocate, even as it was resting in my lap.

After my shoulder surgery I had very vivid dreams of reinjuring it. And often had weird awake moments of a dreamlike nature where I was positive my arm was moving to a position where it would dislocate, even as it was resting in my lap.

LOL I seem to remember having a whacko dream like that.

As of Tuesday the crutches are gone and I've gone to PT session #2 of like 12. So far, so good. Have to wear the daggum walking boot for a few more weeks but holy moly the swelling has gone down big time. :thmbup:

Somewhat related... I can't count how many times I'm dreaming of throwing a long bomb off the tee..and yep...you guessed it...my arm literally swings around and whacks something close by the bed. I've hit the wife, cat, lamp, etc, etc. lol... :D

I thought I was the only one! Sometimes I throw the cat and blame dg. Man I hate getting awoken by a cat biting my feet. That's when I say I was dreaming about soccer.

Injurys do suck. I've had some elbow and feet problems that have sidelined me for awhile. I absolutely can not sidearm drive one time or my round is done. Good luck on recovery!

So just in case anyone is curious...I did get out to play my first round on Saturday. It was brutal. Probably pushed myself too hard. The ankle is not bad but I got a nasty case of shin splints. Other than that my last PT visit is next Thursday. Things are slowly progressing back to normal!

Latest posts