• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sooo, Paige Pierce disc? Why not?

Yeah, I know what you mean. Take Catrina Allen for example. It's a good thing she can huck far, 'cause otherwise no one would pay any attention to the poor thing.

Is it politically correct to call a woman a broad, dame, or a hussie?

Been wanting to go old school, but want to avoid flying purse towards the head.

FYI Some Fine women were playing at the Worlds Mixed Dubs this year. I have a ton of more close up video coverage of the women then the men which I didn't realize till I got to the editing roon.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Take Catrina Allen for example.

:thmbup:
Catrina is another gal we're going to hearing a lot more about in the next year. She's very silently amassed 12 wins and over $6000 this year.

Catrina is another gal we're going to hearing a lot more about in the next year. She's very silently amassed 12 wins and over $6000 this year.

And she's been playing tourneys for what? About a year? And she's already what, top ten? I just wonder how long it will be before we get sick of her dominating the sport. :|

They've been silent victories because only two of them have had players rated 900+ competing against her. Of those two victories, one was a tie with Paige, in a 2 person field, that presumably ended in a play off, and the other was over Liz Lopez, again in a 2 person field

Contrast that with Paige and Val. Paige had huge wins at the KC Wide Open, Memorial, Masters Cup, Stockholm Open, and Worlds. Val took down the European Open, Beaver State Fling, Brent Hambrick, PDGA Championship, and USDGC. All of those events had large, competitive fields, usually including Catrina!

I just wonder how long it will be before we get sick of her dominating the sport.
Cat is a solid player, and will probably get better since she tours and plays more events than any other woman out there. The other top touring women pros are in no danger of being dominated yet, though.

They've been silent victories because only two of them have had players rated 900+ competing against her. Of those two victories, one was a tie with Paige, in a 2 person field, that presumably ended in a play off, and the other was over Liz Lopez, again in a 2 person field
Cat just beat Paige, Liz, and Shiela this weekend at the VPO.

Contrast that with Paige and Val. Paige had huge wins at the KC Wide Open, Memorial, Masters Cup, Stockholm Open, and Worlds. Val took down the European Open, Beaver State Fling, Brent Hambrick, PDGA Championship, and USDGC. All of those events had large, competitive fields, usually including Catrina!

Cat would have taken 2nd at Nats if sshe had not taken a 22 on an island hole the first round. I don't know if she was not aware that she could lay up and cancel the retee, or if she really tin cupped it, but I think it's significant that she would have beaten Paige, and Liz, and everyone except Val if not for that one mistake.

And how many of those players debuted with an 850 rating, and progressed to top ten in the first year?

Cat is a solid player, and will probably get better since she tours and plays more events than any other woman out there. The other top touring women pros are in no danger of being dominated yet, though.

If she stays with it, she could win World's next year. And all she has to do to move into the top 4 is let some old rounds drop off. I don't think it will be long now. I wouldbn't be surprised if you change your mind next year.

......................................................................how?

Mandatory retee if you don't land safely. There was a layup zone to the left where we could go to cancel the retee, and then throw over the island so we could drop on the island for an easy 4. I guess Cat just kept trying to land on the island and reteeing. Not sure if she understood about the layup option that first round.

Mandatory retee if you don't land safely. There was a layup zone to the left where we could go to cancel the retee, and then throw over the island so we could drop on the island for an easy 4. I guess Cat just kept trying to land on the island and reteeing. Not sure if she understood about the layup option that first round.

Wow... I would be watching like :popcorn: while she's throwing like :wall: then I'd be like :popcorn: when someone told her about the layup and she's like :doh:

real men throw pink, so i dont know what all this "girl disc" talk is about...give her or any other female a sigdisc!

Wow... I would be watching like :popcorn: while she's throwing like :wall: then I'd be like :popcorn: when someone told her about the layup and she's like :doh:

One of things that really won me over is that she didn't DNF, but stuck with it and battled back to finish 6th.

And now she's beaten Paige twice on Paige's home turf here in DFW, on courses Paige grew up playing.

One word ...

Momentum.

One of things that really won me over is that she didn't DNF, but stuck with it and battled back to finish 6th.

And now she's beaten Paige twice on Paige's home turf here in DFW, on courses Paige grew up playing.

One word ...

Momentum.

Another 22 will kill her momentum. :wall:

I'd like to know who was on her card while she was throwing over and over again and missing.. I mean.. After 20 strokes what was she throwing, borrowed discs and putters?

Cat just beat Paige, Liz, and Shiela this weekend at the VPO.

By one stroke! And in a field of only 3 other players! Still, it appears she put up some consistent and impressive numbers.

And how many of those players debuted with an 850 rating, and progressed to top ten in the first year?...If she stays with it, she could win World's next year.

This is only Paige's 2nd year on tour, so winning Worlds next year wouldn't be so outlandish for Cat. That rating progression is actually the norm for the top ladies. They all made the jump from ~850 to ~940 in roughly a year, right after they started touring. It just so happens that Cat immediately hooked up with one of the best players in the world and started touring her first year.

I wouldn't be surprised if you change your mind next year.

Time will tell! No doubt she has a good body type and strong driving technique, much like Paige. We will see if she has the nerves, killer instinct, and good short game necessary to take down big wins. Always pumped to see more competition in the Women's division.

This is only Paige's 2nd year on tour, so winning Worlds next year wouldn't be so outlandish for Cat. That rating progression is actually the norm for the top ladies. They all made the jump from ~850 to ~940 in roughly a year, right after they started touring. It just so happens that Cat immediately hooked up with one of the best players in the world and started touring her first year.

Paige started playing tournaments in 2006. She debuted with an 854 rating and progressed to an 861 rating a year later. It took 4 years for her to move into the top ranks.

Liz started playing tournaments in 2006. She debuted with a 787 rating and progressed to an 887 rating a year later. It took more than 3 years for her to move into the top ranks.

Val started playing tournaments in 2001. She debuted with a 776 rating and progressed to a 795 rating a year later. It took 4 years for her to move into the top ranks.

Des started playing tournaments in 1999. She debuted with a rating of 749 and progressed to an 871 rating a year later. It took about 2 and a half years for her to move into the top ranks.

Sarah Stanhope started playing tournaments in 2006. She debuted with an 877 rating and progressed to a 917 rating a year later. It took about 2 years for her to move into the top ranks.

Cat started playing tournaments in 2010. She debuted with an 826 rating and progressed to a 903 rating a year later. It took about 15 months for her to move into the top ranks.

Which of these things is not like the others?

I used to throw a 150g JK Valkyrie as my primary driver. I also got a Sarah Stanhope Vibram Open Wraith but it was too much disc for me.

But my JK Aviars have been, and are, my primary putter! So if Ms. Pierce gets a disc, I would have no problem throwing it. Actually, I probably would... because I can't throw like she does! :)

Paige started playing tournaments in 2006. She debuted with an 854 rating and progressed to an 861 rating a year later. It took 4 years for her to move into the top ranks.

Liz started playing tournaments in 2006. She debuted with a 787 rating and progressed to an 887 rating a year later. It took more than 3 years for her to move into the top ranks.

Val started playing tournaments in 2001. She debuted with a 776 rating and progressed to a 795 rating a year later. It took 4 years for her to move into the top ranks.

Des started playing tournaments in 1999. She debuted with a rating of 749 and progressed to an 871 rating a year later. It took about 2 and a half years for her to move into the top ranks.

Sarah Stanhope started playing tournaments in 2006. She debuted with an 877 rating and progressed to a 917 rating a year later. It took about 2 years for her to move into the top ranks.

Cat started playing tournaments in 2010. She debuted with an 826 rating and progressed to a 903 rating a year later. It took about 15 months for her to move into the top ranks.

Which of these things is not like the others?

You really just have to look at when these ladies started taking disc golf seriously. Cat jumped in head first, started touring immediately, was surrounded by and watched dozens of top players in action, and played over a hundred rounds of competitive golf in her first year. Once each of those other ladies took that step in their career, they saw similar results.

Paige was 15 when she played her first tournament and couldn't even buy a pack of smokes, much less stop going to high school and play disc golf full time.

Again, not saying Cat isn't a natural, but her resume doesn't stand out yet!

How can anyones resume stand out in such a short amount of time?

It can't, that's why you put together a body of work to be judged by. If she lives up to the hype JenB has in her well the resume should be better, only time will tell. Seriously though, someone in this forum is seriously crushing on this Cat girl. ;)

Actually, I'd like to see Liz take world's next year. But it's hard not to root for all of them.

Latest posts