• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sooo, Paige Pierce disc? Why not?

Yeah, I know what you mean. Take Catrina Allen for example. It's a good thing she can huck far, 'cause otherwise no one would pay any attention to the poor thing. You guys be sure and thank Paul for jumpin on that grenade now. You know, for the good of his fellow man and all that.

Are you kidding me? That's one of the sweetest wind-ups I think i've ever seen.I for one would like to see more women get involved in DG, and if a women's signature disc helps to that end, well, i'm all for that, too. I say they deserve to be recognized. :thmbup: BTW, jenb, I knew you were being sarcastic...:)

Last edited:
DSC01473.jpg

stalker really is a nice disc. i just wonder if it is overlapping with the buzzz. striker is much faster out of my hand but the stalker always seems to stay in the fairway.

i think it is a great first driver for new players!!!!

make newbies throw that until they reach 325 then get them a more stable discs.

i threw the valks with JK number on them. they were really nice discs and sig didn't make it a girls disc? seems kinda silly to think that but i guess marketing makes more sense to put stuff for guys on the discs.

You really just have to look at when these ladies started taking disc golf seriously. Cat jumped in head first, started touring immediately, was surrounded by and watched dozens of top players in action, and played over a hundred rounds of competitive golf in her first year. Once each of those other ladies took that step in their career, they saw similar results.

Valid point. But how long does it take to master the sport? I think it is more like a musical instrument, where it takes 3 hours of practice per day for 3 years. You can't achieve the same results by practicing 9 hours per day for 1 year. So seeing a player move into the top ranks after only 15 months leads me to believe that she has much unrealized potential that could place her on top in the next year. What do you think? Does shere amount of playing make up for playing over time?

Valid point. But how long does it take to master the sport? I think it is more like a musical instrument, where it takes 3 hours of practice per day for 3 years. You can't achieve the same results by practicing 9 hours per day for 1 year. So seeing a player move into the top ranks after only 15 months leads me to believe that she has much unrealized potential that could place her on top in the next year. What do you think? Does shere amount of playing make up for playing over time?

Music is a completely different beast. First, it's not competitive, so that eliminates the mental game which is the hardest thing to cultivate. Second, musicians are comparing themselves to a huge pool of talent that extends back for thousands of years and consists of millions of people and billions of pieces of work. Cat is ostensibly competing against a small pool of ~5 women who play more than 10 events a year. Even those ladies are not even close to master talent level.

Let's be honest, for an athletic young woman, you don't have to be a master to play 950 golf, just a solid game inside 250'-300'. But, it does take a trait that not everyone has to win big events. Killer instinct, nerves of steel, w/e you want to call it. Val and Paige appear to have it. They come up big in big situations.

That being said, Cat appears to have the physical ability, resolve, and resources necessary to become a great player. Just judging by the number of events she's played, she's putting in more time and effort than any other woman alive! I wish her nothing but the best and hope many more follow in her footsteps.

Nice video Phil, nice to hear her actually speak and talk DG. It's great to see women out on the course and I think we should all be supportive in the growth of our sport with the opposite sex. What I really like about Paige is her form. She is proof that technique trumps strength in DG and always will. Nice to see her overtake Jenkins at the Worlds.

My first disc I ever bought was a Valk never even entered my mind that it was a girls disc. It was just a great disc that I could throw BH and FH with.

Cheers - Koffee

I don't watch many disc golf interview videos. I'd much rather watch actual footage of tournaments, etc. But that was a really nice interview with Paige. She seemed so down to Earth it was very nice to see. I love that she's both confident, pleasant and genuine all at the same time. And what a great smile!

i for one think its awesome that women are progressing in this sport. if you dont agree then you need to go have a long talk with your mother about where your fear of strong women came from.

This photo just showed up on Discraft's Facebook. She's putting her signature down for her disc. She is definitely getting one.

376149_10150358689122253_54515247252_8226917_1247908684_n.jpg

Beat me by 45 minutes. I was going to post this...

I have no problem using a disc that is endorsed by a woman. I'd buy it if it fit my throwing style.

Back when I was a student at Florida (mid-80's) you could play the on campus golf course for $5 and we would end up playing with members of the girls golf team and they would kick our buts on a regular basis.

Last edited:
I'm so going to buy a couple of these if the color is right.

Partly because I'm addicted to new discs, and partly because... ok well just the first part.

Latest posts