• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sparty4 Finalized 2013 Bag. Need some critiques!!!

ProD Drone
FLX Drone
if you find them to beefy lighten up a bit on the weight. I personally like a max weight FLX and a 170-172 ProD.
once the ProD has some beat on it you will love the combo. Add the fantastic warship and you are set.

btw I picked up a TP Warship....holds a beautiful flip and turn flight.

ProD Drone
FLX Drone
if you find them to beefy lighten up a bit on the weight. I personally like a max weight FLX and a 170-172 ProD.
once the ProD has some beat on it you will love the combo. Add the fantastic warship and you are set.

btw I picked up a TP Warship....holds a beautiful flip and turn flight.

Please forgive my ignorance here...I have never ventured much into Discraft land. Stability-wise...how do these fit within the midrange category??? How do they fit with the Warship??

Not being facetious, just don't really know my Discraft mids (outside of Buzzes which I've dabbled with on numerous occasions)

Not to nose in but Drones are really OS. Warship would be your straight flyer and/or line holder.

Please forgive my ignorance here...I have never ventured much into Discraft land. Stability-wise...how do these fit within the midrange category??? How do they fit with the Warship??

Not being facetious, just don't really know my Discraft mids (outside of Buzzes which I've dabbled with on numerous occasions)

Discraft land is a good place to go:
Meteor- Understable= Close to a fuse
Comet-Stable to understable= Nothing compares
Buzzz-Stable to slightly overstable= Mace/Core/ slightly more stable shorter Warship?
Wasp- Overstable= Pain/Roc
Hornet- Longer workable overstable= Nothing really to compare to/ almost fairway length with Roc/Pain/Wasp sort of flight
Drone- Crazy Overstable= Beefier/Glidier Gator

Drones are not crazy OS at all. Light weight ProD can hold an anny brand new. I think peoples mistake is that they do not go aggressive enough on their grip. Drones have a very stable HSS, but if you cant generate alot of spin it will kick into LSS quickly which is very sharp.
They are work horse mids. Extremely dependable and predictable.

Drones are your guaranteed hyzer finish into headwinds and crosswinds. The lighter ProDs have descent glide as well. Plus learn how to throw these straight and accurate will improve your driver distance as well.
Warship is Westside plastic. Stable. Choose a line and it will fly it. Great distance with little effort. Plus these feel like a Roc in your hand. It will be easy to learn. The warship will compliament the Rocs as well. On the same throws you should get significantly more distance.

Watch these videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sxw8ix0CYs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUOq09T2q54

If you can match that driving form you will gain alot fast. Arm strength means nothing. Arm speed, more precisely arm acceleration, is the key to distance.

if youre not comfortable with the stability of the Drone then go with the Z Wasp. It also has a Roc-ish feel but is more stable and a lil faster.

The final lineup!! Don't mind the image quality, I actually modified a potato to snap this pic...

NBSOC2L.jpg

BTW Sweet Saint! ;)

I would also suggest a Wasp in front of a Drone. Little easier to learn and adjust to. Smyth is right about the ProD Drones, they are very different from the FLX Drones. I didn't care for the ProD because I was expecting something else, more like a DX Gator, and it was not.

Honestly, unless you are playing in significant winds often, you'll more than likely prefer the Wasp to the Drone. I don't care for baseline plastic and like Z plastic a lot, so the wasp is an easy choice.

Only hole I see is a truly OS driver for heavy wind/utility shots - firebird, predator, xxx, max, etc.

Well, I've been taking some time to review different discs and get everyones input, so sorry for the delay in response, I definitely appreciate the help!

smyith: Thanks for all the suggestions, definitely got me headed in a good direction with my mids. For now, I'm gonna stick with my Warship for a nice true flier. Wasp/Drone: I may go with the Wasp to start and see how it works for me. Good transition from my Rocs currently. Also, LOVE the form videos you posted, gold right there.

jdw80550: Also appreciate the input, I'm thinking a Z Wasp will be my next addition. Yea the Saint was dyed by a really skilled guy out in Colorado, you've probably never heard of him :D

jamon: Maybe I'm just not playing enough, but I haven't had too many situations when I've needed a truly OS driver(Heavy winds or meathooks). For the time being, my PD seems to be working in heavy wind situations. Perhaps as I play more this summer, I'll fill that slot. Perhaps a C-PD would work well here as well?? Assuming I can get a nice flat one...

I was throwing Pains and Comets for a while, but was never truly satisfied with the Pain: always seemed to have a little more turn and a little less fade than I wanted, regardless of the circumstances. I recently swapped them for VPs, and am totally sold on that: VPs drive great, don't turn a lick, and have a reliable fade at all speeds. Great approach disc.

Comets are great, especially if you don't have to worry about wind. Easy annys and soft S-curves, flies dead straight and glides for days. Their glide makes them great for standstill shots, such as long approaches. Their finickiness is overblown, in my opinion, although I've never thrown them in X (just a bunch in Z). I've never thrown a Warship, but a Comet is quite different from what I hear they're like: between the two, you could cover a lot of lines.

Underworld!! = more understable fairway. great discs. Hit my first ace with one a few days ago!

how does this help him for what he is looking for? He owns a river already. And didn't say that an understable fairway was missing. Are you just going around fanboying the Underworld cause you got an ace?

Haha didn't mean to start up anything, but jdw80550 is correct, just added the Underworld (Which I love btw).

So here's what I'm think for Mids:

More Stable: Wasp (Perhaps Drone if the Wasp isn't cutting it)
-Still pondering a Mace or Pain
Neutral: Warship
-Maybe dabble with a buzzz for the heck of it
Understable: No clue here....
-Considering a Tursas

how does this help him for what he is looking for? He owns a river already. And didn't say that an understable fairway was missing. Are you just going around fanboying the Underworld cause you got an ace?

LOL, sorry guys. i didn't read past the first page when I posted. And yes i am excited my first ace, and the disc I got it with. :D

More Stable: Wasp (Perhaps Drone if the Wasp isn't cutting it)
-Still pondering a Mace or Pain
Neutral: Warship
-Maybe dabble with a buzzz for the heck of it
Understable: No clue here....
-Considering a Tursas

I actually use a lightweight TP Warship for that slot. It has a nice smooth turn. The TPs are definitely not as stable as the VIP.

I actually use a lightweight TP Warship for that slot. It has a nice smooth turn. The TPs are definitely not as stable as the VIP.

Probably the best advice you could've given me! I was hoping to keep my mold count minimal so this is great news :eek:

Do you have a recommended weight? 170gish???

Probably the best advice you could've given me! I was hoping to keep my mold count minimal so this is great news :eek:

Do you have a recommended weight? 170gish???

mines 172g. high 160s would be easier and more consistent with the turn.

Finally finally FINALLY feeling reeeeeallllyyyyy good about my bag for the year. This will likely not change for quite some time, which the exception of one disc addition, but would still love some feedback!

Drivers:
-S-PD 168g (More stable) (Dead straight. Longer Teebird. Very flat so great for headwind shots)
-P-PD 166g (Working this in to be a longer turnover disc)
-RGL Saint 173g (Stable Driver) (Go to on long holes)
-GL Saint 169g (Acting as a backup to the RGL. Slightly less stable than it's RGL counterpart. Love throwing w/ a tailwind)
-VIP Underworld 173g (Love this disc. My go-to US driver. Long annys. Hyzer-flips. Beautiful lines)

Fairways:
-Star Teebird 175g (Stable Fairway) (Beat in, but still very stable. Dead straight w/ strong fade at end)
-11x Teebird 173g (Beat in. Works many lines. Less stable than my star counterpart)
-Legacy Patriot 175g (Under-stable fairway) (GREAT compliment to my Teebirds)
-Legacy Patriot 167g(Easier to shape my lines through tightly-wooded wooded holes than the 175g Patriot)

Mids:
-Buzzz 10th Anniversary 175g (Stable mid)
-Buzzz SS (Less stable mid. Expect to use more once it's beat in more)
-DD Lucid Suspect (TECHNICALLY an approach disc. But I'm getting enough distance out of it to work as my OS mid)

Putters:
-Stacks of JK Aviars 171g (Wouldn't use any other putter over these)

Potential Additions:
-Drone/Trident: If I feel the Suspect is leaving room to improve in my bag, I'll add a longer, more OS mid (some may not consider the Trident a mid, but I still like the idea of it for this slot).
-Tursas: May potentially add if the SS is taking a bit too long to beat in how I want

THERE YOU HAVE IT! Feeling great about this setup :thmbup: