• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Speculation on the four 2014 released discs.

Most interesting thing to note for me:

The Harp graphic has VIP written on it. As a putter. This may just be a temporary stamp design oversight, but I would love to see a nice overstable, premium plastic putter from Westside.

Even better yet is if this meant that they were to release the Swan in VIP as well.

The release of a VIP Swan would break my wallet wide open.

I want a premium plastic swan cos BT soft wears too quick so i only use it for putting and not for annies,turnovers etc.

I want a premium plastic swan cos BT soft wears too quick so i only use it for putting and not for annies,turnovers etc.

I've never gotten my hands on the newer BT plastic. I carry 2 Swan2s in the Eco1 that are both on the soft side now, one more so than the other. I also carry a much older Swan that was part of the old Swan1 mold in Eco1 plastic. For some reason, that Eco1 disc is still super stiff. I don't know if they changed what they used to make the Eco1 plastic at some point, but the Swan1 gets plenty of use, but has never gone soft like the newer Swan2s have in the Eco1 Plastic.

I love putting with the slightly soft Eco1 plastic, but for some of the longer throws and drives I'd love a stiffer version. A VIP would fit nicely. The Swan1 mold flies a bit differently (more US) than the Swan2s that I love the most. Swan2 with a longer lifespan, sign me up!

From Westside -- "First disc is a distance driver called Westside World, second disc is a distance driver called Westside Sorcerer, third disc is a putter called Westside Harp and fourth disc is a control driver called Westside Hatchet."

So freaking stoked. The Warship, Stag, and Sword are BY FAR the most used discs in my bag. Definitely gonna be tracking these as we learn more. The stamps are so cool. I think my Wizards would love a Sorcerer in the bag as well.

They have the best stamps of any major DG company IMHO. I like the fact they appear on both plastics as well.

Agreed. My Underworld has caught more than a few eyes out on the course! They should put those suckers on tee shirts.

I'm hoping the Harp is the overstable compliment to my RGL Pure that I can use off the tee. Not as overstable as a Rhyno, but something with good reliable fade. There is some hope for this as the stamp says "PDGA Approved Mid-Range Putter" whereas the Swan only says "PDGA Approved Putter", suggesting the Harp is designed to be used less for putting and more for approaching and drives. Love the Westside artwork!

I'm going with the hatchet being a o/s control driver and the world and sorcerer being understable drivers to compliment the Giant and Boatman. I say a speed 11 and 13 understable. The Hatchet a speed 9-10 o/s. Another o/s putter in terms of sinus overstable would be great.

I'm hoping for a Gazelle/Teebird for the hatchet. SLOW FAIRWAY PLEASE, WITH NO GLIDE. QUIT WITH THESE 9 SPEED "FAIRWAYS"

You can have some glide, but let's not get ridiculous, like the stag, river, or fury. Too much glide. (works for the river and fury lol)

I'm hoping for a Gazelle/Teebird for the hatchet. SLOW FAIRWAY PLEASE, WITH NO GLIDE. QUIT WITH THESE 9 SPEED "FAIRWAYS"

You can have some glide, but let's not get ridiculous, like the stag, river, or fury. Too much glide. (works for the river and fury lol)

They said 1 putter, 2 drivers, and 1 control driver so I am suspecting a speed 9 or 10 to be considered a control driver. I do agree though I would have been happier to see a speed 7 or a slightly less o/s tridentesque disc.

I aspire to understand this. At this point in my brief disc golf life, I love glide.

I aspire to understand this. At this point in my brief disc golf life, I love glide.

Glide helps to stretch out distance, but once your distance improves, glide hinders placement sometimes, especially in unpredictable conditions.

No! :D Keep the glide and force people to carry your long and glidey mids to make up the difference. :p A slightly slower trident that is less OS I could get behind but that's it....and it has to come after I get my PD replacement.

Yep, sometimes you just want the disc to sit down flat and fast without having to hyzer it into the dirt.

Not really digging the name "world" it's odd to use in a sentence. I do however like the goose. The shoul have made it a slower, less over stable trident like steezeOG said and called it "the GOOSE" imagine the dye possibilities.

Not really digging the name "world" it's odd to use in a sentence. I do however like the goose. The shoul have made it a slower, less over stable trident like steezeOG said and called it "the GOOSE" imagine the dye possibilities.

but bro ... you can throw ... the world.

you can flip it, bomb it, chuck it, rip it, toss it, roll it, grip it, slice it, finger it, any verb it.