• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] speed 12 wraith?

The flatness of the new wraiths has to do with the plastic blend they are using. If you can find a star Mako from the same blend, you'll notice that it is basically a pancake- super floppy, pretty much the equivalent of gummy for star.

As for stability, the flatness of it doesn't necessarily make it more over or understable. Some of THE most overstable discs I've ever thrown were a few 167g Star Destroyers with poppy tops you could eat a bowl of cereal out of- and that's coming from a guy who can throw around 450-490. The the only thing flat/domeyness consistently impacts on a disc is amount of glide. If you're looking for what affects stability ...dare I say it... current trend is discerning the PLH of a disc.

Wow I said basically the same thing at the beginning. Mis Print. But people didn't listen.

Yes, we understand it is a misprint. The interesting part was the east/west differentiation between printing of the flight numbers and where that misprint originated.

Personally I want one. They seem more like the wraith I had a few years ago that just felt like a faster firebird, great for FH.

11.5 speed Wraith

The main reason Innova discs seem to be completely different between runs is that Innova gets it's plastic from different manufacturers for every different run. This can be looked as either good or bad. Bad if a player wants consistency from different runs. Good for people that get lucky enough to get CE or San Marino plastic when it first comes out before anybody else figures out how good (or bad) the run is. :doh:

The new Star Wraiths are crazy overstable (for a Wraith), I've switched to Echo Stars and have been quite happy.

Damn I want to try one of these out. I like the regular Wraiths but I'd love to try one with the flat top.

Interesting. I'm newer to disc golf, and the first disc I threw was my friend's old Wraith. When I bought my own Star Wraiths a month ago, I was surprised with how overstable they were, even after I had beat them in.

I just bought a couple older wraiths, but I haven't taken them out yet. I'll definitely have to take them out to a field and test this ASAP.

I have this one, big ink on the back, i'd trade or sell

6071615626_98984c912a_m.jpg

6071770366_2cdcb4925d_m.jpg

didn't they make a wraith-x? is this like the destrulcans and whatnot?

and I have a flat champ wraith that is quite stable

Every flight numbers Champ Wraith I've had has been very beefy. I had an Augusta Wraith back in '07 when I threw 250' and it would get me 280', now I can only imagine it would be super flippy.

As stated the speed 12 is clearly a misprint. If you like regular Wraiths you will HATE the flat top Wraiths, they are nothing alike.

Latest posts