• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Speed Frolf

I've tried it a few times where I take a mid and putter and run the course. Kinda fun when the course is empty but many will let you play through if they see you running from hole to hole.

buddy and I used to play this last year - add your score + the minutes it takes to traverse the course - great excercise - and it teaches you patience on the pad and putting even while you are out of breath
gives you a a solid goal to beat - we played it on a tough par 58 course - usually in around 30-40 minutes

My buddy and I did this a long time ago to race the setting sun when evenings were our only time to play. It was very fun and if you do it right it does not effect your scores all that much. Also a good way to get in a run and golf at the same time for hectic schedules.

My friend and I like to turn Disc golf into a workout (mostly because we skip the gym to play too often). We run from hole to hole and for every stroke over par we get on each hole, we do ten pushups on the next tee.

So a stroke and a minute count the same? What is a typical time to complete a round this way, on say a white or a red level course? Do people turn in under 20 minute times, or is 30-40 more common?

Any of you guys ever speed frolf?

I try at Central Park because I have played that course more than enough times to know how I could do. Sometimes it is a little crowded, but when feasible I like to run or jog between shots and try to finish the whole round in 15 minutes or less. I can usually go two or three rounds like this.

I also did this once at Fort Snelling. I was feeling really energetic one day when I was out there and decided to not pay for the golf cart. My friend did, so I just jogged behind him. Not exactly speed golf, but definitely a great workout.

Next year, our amateur league may play a fun round at the Valley where it will be timed how quickly a group can get through Holes 1-10. They have three minutes to look for lost discs before they have to move on and any birdies will take time off the clock. It will be ready-set-golf but the group cannot move on to the next hole until everyone in the group is in.

Willow Mill in PA

I jogged a little 9 holer in PA when on vacation at Hershey to maximize my timevon the course before hitting Hershey Park with my family. I really enjoyed it and it took me 15 minutes to play 9 holes.

I love speed golf! We've got a bunch of folks (~10) in md that play. Just hosted our 3rd sdg tournament on the 27 hole course at Seneca creek sp.

Times depend on course difficulty, personal condition, golf skills, and lost discs.

A good alternate workout is the 180 Challenge- 10 push ups, 10 curl ups, and 10 squats on each hole. The xtreme version is to do this and sdg in the same round.

Golf and exercise all in one!

Latest posts