• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Spending my summer in Beech Island, SC (Augusta area). Help me make my wish list!

ginepiece

As the title says, I'm working in Beech Island (for Kimberly Clark) and likely living in Augusta, or North Augusta this summer (May 20th-end of Augustish) and want to throw as many good courses that I can! I have made a wishlist based on nearby courses/ratings etc. but I wouldn't mind making some longer trips (i.e. 2 hours (ish)) to throw any MUST play courses. I'll break my list down into:
-Guaranteed Plays (courses < 30 minutes away)
-Probably Plays (courses about an hour away)
-Distance Plays (Any course > 2 hours or so)
-MUST Plays (I'll let you guys decide what qualifies here. Must not be one of my guaranteed plays already)

Thanks for any input and I would love to meet up and toss with some of you if possible!

Guaranteed Plays:

Hippodrome Complex - Headrick Hills North Augusta, SC
Hippodrome Complex - Hogback North Augusta, SC
Hippodrome Complex - Moody Woods North Augusta, SC
Hippodrome Complex - Old Glory North Augusta, SC
^(two of these aren't open to the public, correct?)
Riverview Park North Augusta, SC
Lake Olmstead Park Augusta, GA
Pendleton King Park Augusta, GA
Patriot's Park Grovetown, GA
IDGC - Jim Warner Memorial Appling, GA
IDGC - Steady Ed Headrick Memorial Appling, GA
IDGC - WR Jackson Memorial DGC Appling, GA

Probably Plays

Stoney Hill Newberry, SC
Crooked Creek Park - Original 18 Chapin, SC
Southeast Park Columbia, SC
Earlewood Park Columbia, SC
Lake Russell Elberton, GA
All-Terrain Disc Golf Winnsboro, SC
Indian Creek Park DGC Rutledge, GA
Sandy Creek Park Athens, GA
Foothills DGC Easley, SC
Grand Central Station Central, SC
Century Park DGC Greer, SC
Timmons Park Greenville, SC

Distance Plays

Elon Park - Angry Beaver Charlotte, NC
Hornets Nest Park Charlotte, NC
Nevin Park DGC Charlotte, NC
Plantation Ruins at Winget Charlotte, NC
Renaissance Park Charlotte, NC
Robert L. Smith Park Charlotte, NC

MUST PLAYS (I'll leave these for you locals to decide!)

As far as my personal preferences go, I love wooded courses that are well maintained! Nothing better than spending a hot day under the cover of trees on a well kept course!

Augusta courses should keep you busy for a few weeks before you start exploring. The IDGC is a lot of disc golf, all by itself.

By all reports, you're correct about Hippodrome only having 2 courses open for general play at this time. But things are always changing there. There's also a disc golf store (and big supporter of the disc golf community) located there.

We hope to see you at Stoney Hill at some point.

You've listed Crooked Creek - original 18, but note that what they call the "Pro 9" is a supplemental 9 holes, a little longer but nothing real grueling. You might as well play them when you're there. Until recently they were hard to navigate but rumor has it signs are now in. (Crooked Creek is less than 30 minutes from Stoney Hill, by the way).

Thanks for the heads up on the "Pro 9"! I have been reading through some of the other NC area threads and saw a picture of Stoney Hill (not to mention a bunch of other great advice from you), and it looks quite wonderful. I will certainly get around to throwing there at least once!

I was planning on keeping the list updated on my original post, but it looks like there isn't a way to edit my post after a certain amount of time... anyone know a way of doing so?