• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SQUATCH Legend!

Squatch copied non-functional design aspects. That can be enforced without registration.

Squatch specifically copied design elements. The stole someone else's design ideas. No one is going after them criminally. And no one suggested that.

It'll be pretty hard to argue the design of the bag is non-functional, or that a disc bag is form non-essential to the use or function of the bag, let alone stitching. Heck, by pounds own admission in several spots on the website, the design is purely functional.

And you suggested it by stating it was theft.

What's apparent here is you've taken on a personal interest in this matter, maybe you have a personal stake in this outcome. Whatever it is, chill out man. It's okay to have people disagree with you.

It'll be pretty hard to argue the design of the bag is non-functional, or that a disc bag is form non-essential to the use or function of the bag, let alone stitching. Heck, by pounds own admission in several spots on the website, the design is purely functional.

And you suggested it by stating it was theft.

What's apparent here is you've taken on a personal interest in this matter, maybe you have a personal stake in this outcome. Whatever it is, chill out man. It's okay to have people disagree with you.

I'm the Squatch owner, ODRB is just pissed I beat him in tags two weeks ago:D

(All lies for those oblivious)

Well it has been a few weeks since i started this thread and the conversation has been a bit heavy on the legal bs, i was surprised to come back and see no one is talking about Drew Gibson signing a sponsorship deal with Squatch, Looks like they are gaining traction in the Disc golf community despite the comparisons to Pound.

it was announced yesterday, apologies for not following their fb/insta more closely

https://www.facebook.com/SquatchDG/posts/246310397543686

We are so stoked to announce our first player for the 2022 Squatch pro team. Drew Gibson is coming off an incredible finish to the season and we can't wait to see what he accomplishes next. We have more exciting news coming soon, so stay tuned. Welcome to the Squatch Squad Drew!
#squatch #squatchdiscgolf #discgolf #seekthelegend #SquatchSquad #gibsonindustries

squatch squad is a great name IMO. for the others would it be the pound posse? grip gang? rebel rousers?

Drew Gibson signing a sponsorship deal with Squatch

Oh boy. :popcorn:

Who was Drew's previous bag sponsor?

I can't wait to read about how Drew Gibson's tattoos are copied from other tattoo designs. Perhaps someone on these forums has a LOT of opinions about tattoos.

I can't wait to read about how Drew Gibson's tattoos are copied from other tattoo designs. Perhaps someone on these forums has a LOT of opinions about tattoos.

yeah, I really hate dumb "tribal" tattoos:popcorn:

Not sure, but I noticed during the final round of the DGPT his caddy was carrying a Revolution Carolina Team bag. I noticed it because I carry one, and also saw JK had one during Throw Pink.

PS: Drew's caddy during the final .... Uli.

I understand you may not care about the professionals, but they have actually done a lot for the sport. Seeing highlights from tournaments on the news and ESPN is helping to grow the sport. I see you used the word 'hobby'. Everyone I know refers to it as a 'sport' and like any sport they have their favorite athletes to follow and root for. Popularity means disc sales and money for the manufacturers and that means more discs and disc choices for you and me.

Geee...I just cant wait until i have to reserve a tee time to go play, and when discs hit $40-$50 that will be the bees knees....growing the sport is BS and it makes the elite and the businesses wealthy and the average guy gets screwed...go grow some tomatoes if you care about growing things...its fine the way it is.

Geee...I just cant wait until i have to reserve a tee time to go play, and when discs hit $40-$50 that will be the bees knees....growing the sport is BS and it makes the elite and the businesses wealthy and the average guy gets screwed...go grow some tomatoes if you care about growing things...its fine the way it is.

Ha! Way to stay hardcore. I guess all the new courses being installed are B.S. too? Don't worry, I won't lift the rock you are under and disturb you anymore.

It appears Squatch are removing comments from social media that make them look bad. I expect this to an extent from most companies, but seems very obvious.

It appears Squatch are removing comments from social media that make them look bad. I expect this to an extent from most companies, but seems very obvious.

Like what? :popcorn:

Like what? :popcorn:

Well i cannot say for certain what the content was, but there are comments on Instagram that refer to other comments that can't be found. And the ones still there make it sound like something was said that could be negative toward Squatch.

Also, i tried to find anything where someone compared their bag to the Pound ones, but nothing. In fact, not a single negative comment that i could find, which seems suspicious to me.

I don't like to leave negative comments on social media, otherwise i would have done a test to see if it would have been removed. I did however ask when the Nate Sexton edition was coming out and got the thinking emoji as a reply.

Last edited:
I don't like to leave negative comments on social media, otherwise I would have done a test to see if it would have been removed. I did however ask when the Nate Sexton edition was coming out and got the thinking emoji as a reply.

I don't like to leave negative comments on social media, otherwise I would have done a test to see if it would have been removed. I did however ask when the Nate Sexton edition was coming out and got the thinking emoji as a reply.

Just do what most idiots online do, create a burner account.

Just do what most idiots online do, create a burner account.

I thought most Idiots just posted under their real name and then couldn't figure out why it's hard to find a job when literally everyone and their mother has a help wanted sign

commented on a recent video that featured a squatch bag as an advert. got some decent conversation and some comments for both sides. whether the exact panel configuration is the same or not, this is clearly a Chinese knock off. whether consumers will care or not will remain to be seen.

So I got a Squatch Legend to carry on courses that are difficult to roll my Zuca on. I preordered it and it arrived last week. I have gotten a few rounds in with it and am really loving it so far. The materials are top notch, it holds a ton of discs and gear, and carriers extremely light.

I have owned an octorhorpe in the past and the comfort and materials seems very similar, and obviously the design is very similar as well. I would give a slight nod to the octothorpe for comfort, mostly because of the load lifters on the shoulder straps, which the legend doesn't have. Quality wise we will just have to wait and see. I have noticed that so far the legend stands up better than the octothorpe, which I always thought was tippy when I owned it.

I think this is a fantastic option for those looking in the $250ish price range. The legend is definitely a more comfortable bag than a Grip A Series (which I have also owned), and holds more as well.

There are a few review videos on YouTube you can check out if you might be interested, including one by Doth that is pretty informative.

The Squatch Legend really is a dream to carry, but I still see myself rolling my Zuca when I can, especially for tournaments, but that's personal preference.