• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SS Nuke

jaydee

Anyone have the lowdown on the SS Nuke. I know they were released at the Memorial and have not yet gained PDGA approval. I would love to hear a comparison of flight between the Nuke and SS Nuke particularly in the upper weight range for each.

I had a chance to try one out last spring(2010) when they initially ran them. It would definitely compete with the likes of the Vulcan IMO. I would say it might even be a touch more stable than the Vulcan.

I have a few that I have not had a chance to throw yet. How does it compare to the Katana?

At least for me, the gap between Z-Nukes (mine are pink, 174) and first run star vulcans (175) is quite large. The vulcans are downright flippy although if I release them on a considerable hyzer angle, they will go a long ways on an anny line. Also, the nuke can handle some headwind, forget about it with a vulcan.

WTF, what's the point of making nuke understabler? I guess it's their answer to wahoo and vulcan or something :p

Talk about an awful idea. Sounds like they are sellouts to marketing schemes...just like Innova and all others who do so. The ESP Nuke was flippy/uncontrollable enough.