• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

St Louis Memorial Weekend

Swisher Streets

Double Eagle Member
Heading on our yearly disc golf trip and hitting St Louis this Memorial Day weekend. Here is the tentative plan just wanted to run this by those in the know before going through with it. Any tournaments or leagues that weekend that we need to avoid? Also is it true the Gateway store isnt open on the weekend? Tried calling, emailing, and messaging them on facebook but havent heard back. If they are closed that weekend are there any other decent disc golf stores?

Saturday
Sioux Passage DGC
Sioux Passage Briscoe Woods
Lunch at Chuck A Burger Drive In
Gateway Store or Endicott DGC
Anheuser Busch tour
Jefferson Barracks DGC
Bogart's Smokehouse
Drive to Crystal City
Crystal City Underground DGC
Drive back to hotel

Sunday
Quail Ridge DGC
Indian Creek DGC
Drive home

If you can play all of those courses on Saturday, you are a DG god. The courses at Sioux alone kick most people's butts. Lot of hills and lots of walking. If it were me, I'd hit the two courses at Sioux, then head South to Jefferson Barracks and then the cave. The cave is all sand so think about walking 18 holes at the beach. You have to have some energy in the tank for the cave in my opinion. You you have tired legs there, it's hard to play well.

The Sunday courses are a good morning of golf, just right.

Sorry, I don't know anything about the Gateway store. There is not a shop that I know of in STL that I'd go out of my way to visit.

The AB tour is nice and worth it. Honestly, I don't see how you are going to have time to do all the stuff on your Sat. agenda.

Last edited:
Definitely agree that 36 holes @. Souix passage/Briscoe woods feels like a full day of disc golf to me some of those hills are real ball breakers.
Not really any other stores in STL other than Gateway although the PIAS on Manchester Rd. has a surprisingly good selection (quite a few different brands and seem to carry new releases after a week or two)

I agree that your Saturday plan seems... ambitious.

Depending on where you're staying, you may want to consider hitting Sioux in the morning & grabbing lunch on the way to Rock Spring Park in Alton, IL. It's a great course & probably the closest drive from Sioux.

Then, if you have the energy for another course, Endicott would be a good choice geographically. That said, the technicality of Endi can become frustrating at the end of a long day with a tired arm.

* The thing about St. Louis is that it is really spread out, as it is, you plan has over 2 hours (total) drive time. And that's just between courses.

A couple other quick points
- Chuck-A-Burger is only about a mile from Endicott. It is pretty good, but not really all that much better than Steak n' Shake (in my opinion)
- Bogart's is awesome, owned by the same folks that own Pappy's. The lunch line at both places is always out the door, and they typically close early because they run out of meat daily. The point is, I wouldn't expect them to be open for dinner.
- Crystal City has limited hours of operation. Make sure you call them if you plan to go down there.
- There is no way to play all our great courses in 1 weekend, so you'll have to come back again sometime to play Logan, Wilmore, and many more.

Feel free to post questions or PM me if you'd like to discuss further.

I agree that your Saturday plan seems... ambitious.

Depending on where you're staying, you may want to consider hitting Sioux in the morning & grabbing lunch on the way to Rock Spring Park in Alton, IL. It's a great course & probably the closest drive from Sioux.

Then, if you have the energy for another course, Endicott would be a good choice geographically. That said, the technicality of Endi can become frustrating at the end of a long day with a tired arm.

* The thing about St. Louis is that it is really spread out, as it is, you plan has over 2 hours (total) drive time. And that's just between courses.

A couple other quick points
- Chuck-A-Burger is only about a mile from Endicott. It is pretty good, but not really all that much better than Steak n' Shake (in my opinion)
- Bogart's is awesome, owned by the same folks that own Pappy's. The lunch line at both places is always out the door, and they typically close early because they run out of meat daily. The point is, I wouldn't expect them to be open for dinner.
- Crystal City has limited hours of operation. Make sure you call them if you plan to go down there.
- There is no way to play all our great courses in 1 weekend, so you'll have to come back again sometime to play Logan, Wilmore, and many more.

Feel free to post questions or PM me if you'd like to discuss further.

Any other suggestions for lunch and dinner? Probably going to trim off one course based on your suggestions. Spoke with Dom at Gateway and hes going to open up the shop if hes around when I get a hold of him.

Depends where you're going to be & what you like...

If you're going to do Sioux, then Alton, many people like Fast Eddie's (it's about a mile or two from Rock Spring Park) not a bad place for lunch, but they don't take credit cards, cash only. And you have to be 21 to enter.

If you're going to be in South County/South Side, by JB, Wilmore & the brewery around lunch, there's Hodak's (fried chicken), Blues City Deli (a personal favorite), Iron Barley or Pappy's & Bogart's (Pappy's has the sweet potato French fries... But Bogart's has the pulled pork baked beans - otherwise the menus are basically the same)

If you're going to be around the Gateway shop (Dorsett & 270) around lunch, there's a pretty good Mexican place right off the same exit called Chiuaua's. Or, Westport Plaza is 1 exit down and there's FuzzyTaco, Drunken Fish (sushi), or Trainwreck saloon.

Dinner: all depends what part of town you're staying in. Let me know where you're staying and I can make some suggestions.

Last edited: