• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

St. Louis, MO and Memphis, TN (Pick 3)

jnecessary

Double Eagle Member
Anyone from these areas or played the courses please hit me with some suggestions.

I'm thinking I'll have time for 2 courses in St. Louis, and 1 in Memphis.

I have a coupe in mind based on reviews but thought I'd post here too.

Thanks!

sioux passage and endicott in st. louis.

both courses used in our a-tier, and endicott especially has easy highway access.

(plus if you pick those two, i get to play guide again :) )

Bud Hill in Memphis is in my top 10 (out of 125ish played). It's a must play.
Meeman Shelby, right down the road from Bud Hill, has 2 DG courses... but, Bud Hill is way better. If you can't get permission to play Bud Hill, it's a good second option.

Hit up Wizard from this site and ask him to guide you.
DSCJNKY

Thanks guys!

I'm emailing about permission for Bud Hill now!

Sioux Passage sounds like a winner and I guess I have to decide between Endicott and Jefferson Barracks as I'm pretty sure I won't have time for all 3.

^^^^^^I've been doing some like-minded research of my own and I've heard different things. Some say Endicott some say Jefferson.

Let me know how your arrangments at Bud Hill go. I'm gonna try to play there on the 23rd, when are you going through memphis?

^^^^^^I've been doing some like-minded research of my own and I've heard different things. Some say Endicott some say Jefferson.

Let me know how your arrangments at Bud Hill go. I'm gonna try to play there on the 23rd, when are you going through memphis?

We will be arriving the 11th and leaving the 12th, not sure which day will be disc golf and which day will be Graceland :p

Sioux Passage and Jefferson Barracks are on opposite sides of town (probably an hour apart without traffic). I vote Sioux and Endicott.

I think we will have to play Jefferson Barracks for sure because it is on the south end of town and we are heading to Memphis from St. Louis.

Going up to Sioux Passage looks like an extra 40 minutes or so of driving (we are staying in Chesterfield on the west side of town). Is Sioux Passage that much better that the possible hour detour is worth it or will I regret playing Endicott over Sioux Passage??

I think we will have to play Jefferson Barracks for sure because it is on the south end of town and we are heading to Memphis from St. Louis.

Going up to Sioux Passage looks like an extra 40 minutes or so of driving (we are staying in Chesterfield on the west side of town). Is Sioux Passage that much better that the possible hour detour is worth it or will I regret playing Endicott over Sioux Passage??

Sioux Passage is by far the best St Louis has to offer. But with that said, it's also a long course that will take a lot out of you. Especially since we're talking july in St Louis. I guess what I'm getting at is after you play Sioux you might be done for the day. So honestly Endicott and JB makes a lot of since and no you won't regret it to much. Endicott is a great course. Saw Nikko there Monday night.

Sioux is a beautiful course. When I die I want my ashes spread at Sioux Passage. However, the course is basically long and lightly wooded. The challenge is mostly the length and elevation changes. So if you like that kind of golf, it's well worth the drive.

Endicott has more technical shots when compared to Sioux. If you like technical over bombs away, Endicott would be a better choice. Endicott is right off of 170 so it's not a lot of extra time to get to.

If time is a big deal, you could do Jefferson Barracks and West City Park in Festus. That will get you on down I-55 a bit on. West City is a notch below Endicott IMO (and a couple notches below Sioux Passage) but it's a solid course.

From the sound of things I could skip Sioux Passage and keep that as a reason to get back down to St. Louis in the future :) It is only a 4-5 hour drive from Iowa City anyway.

In St. Louis it would be JB for sure since it's on the south side of town. In Memphis, Bud Hill and Meeman Shelby East course are two that are pretty close together.(short drive and a little general store that has discs is right on the way)
Bud Hill is very nice and clean and mowed and dedicated to only Disc Golf. Meeman Shelby Forest is a big State Park but the two courses are set way away from trails and other human activities.
Bring Water and bug spray and a towel for keeping cool. Enjoy.

argq

While your in STL if you go play Sioux Passage you might as well go play Rock Springs over in Alton just arcoss the river..Its sick since they just put in brand new concrete tees.

Thanks everyone. It looks like Sioux Passage will be for another trip. Endicott and JB are my plans for Saturday, then on to Memphis and playing Bud Hill and probably the suggested course at Meeman Shelby East. Graceland on Monday :)

Then on to Hot Springs, AR. Luckily there is a course only a few miles from the campground we are staying at so if I get bored I can disc anytime!

will it be the 30th that you'll play endicott/jb?

if so, i can show you around endicott for sure if your timing meets the aforementioned after 3pm criteria.

will it be the 30th that you'll play endicott/jb?

if so, i can show you around endicott for sure if your timing meets the aforementioned after 3pm criteria.

whoops! confused you and your dates with the other folks coming through town.

erm, by the way, when will you be coming through?

getting to st. louis tomorrow night, plan is endicott Saturday morning and then probably on to JB.

you looking to get a round in?