• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

St Louis

Innova63

Double Eagle Member
Premium Member
Heading to St Louis in a little over a week. Haven't down that way in a couple years.

Will probably swing through a couple of Peoria courses on the way down. Wildlife and/or one of the Morton courses are likely.

Harmony Bends is only 2 hours away from where I am staying, last update from 5/24 says it is completely flooded. Any locals have a more current update on conditions there. As for the St Louis area I will decide once I get there on what to play (either the ones I liked from previous trips or try to expand by bagging others , obviously going to use this site for info).

Will definitely stop by Gateway, they have really upped their game in molds and plastics.

Info or suggestions????

If you are looking at bagging new courses a couple in the area are Kutter Park and Carrollton Park. Kutter is fairly new and with the creek can be a pain as there aren't bridges at all crossing points. 13 and 14 are kinda duds, but the rest provide a nice mix of woods and open holes. Should mention Kutter is on the Illinois side but can be part of the route into StL. I have not been to Carrollton in awhile, since they put in the concrete teepads, but is an interesting course. The area used to be a neighborhood. All the streets remain and you tell the individual lots where the houses used to be. It's a longer somewhat open course, but still technical. These are the two I would suggest that would be new to you. Sioux Passage would probably be my top recommendation in the area, as there are two courses, but I see you already bagged it.

Indian Camp Creek and Quail Ridge were both really fun.

But the highlight of my St. Louis trip a few years ago was Foundation Park Champ 18. It's about an hour east of St. Louis, but easy for me to work into my route on the drive in. Simply a wonderful, really challenging course...totally deserving of it's ratings.

Last edited:
Bumping to the top, hoping for more info....

Tentative St Louis plans

Monday: Sioux Passage

Tuesday: Carrollton and Logan

Wednesday: New Melle and ??

Thursday: thinking about heading to Harmony Bends if I hear it has dried out some more

I mean I guess if I was trying to tag a course in with New Melle it would be Quail Ridge. Indian Camp Creek has too much annoying tall grass OB and Fort Zumwalt has holes removed for a redesign. Moscow Mills I think is closed to the public now. Quail Ridge is probably the best option out there. I mean unless you are a tall grass OB fan.

Carrollton is one of our premier courses and in nearly perfect condition for the upcoming St. Louis Open. In the last few years, we've added massive concrete tee pads, an overhead map, directional signs, tee signs, and (most recently) benches.

Right now I believe the course is set up in STL Open positions, so bring your long arm...

Kutter is nice, but a little out of the way if you're going to be in the heart of St. Louis

Indian Camp Creek and Quail Ridge were both really fun.

But the highlight of my St. Louis trip a few years ago was Foundation Park Champ 18. It's about an hour east of St. Louis, but easy for me to work into my route on the drive in. Simply a wonderful, really challenging course...totally deserving of it's ratings.

Foundation Park is a personal favorite and one of Dave McCormack/Gateway's crown jewels, or at least it was last time I was there. It is in Centralia, IL if you're looking for it...

Bumping to the top, hoping for more info....

Tentative St Louis plans

Monday: Sioux Passage

Tuesday: Carrollton and Logan

Wednesday: New Melle and ??

Thursday: thinking about heading to Harmony Bends if I hear it has dried out some more

Sioux Passage: Bring bug spray, lots of it...
Carrollton: Good choice
Logan: Excellent choice. The course has just been updated with a new layout, new signs, new tee pads, navigation signs, and more. PM me for more info or follow the link in my signature.

New Melle & Quail Ridge are your best bet for all the reasons Three Putt mentions.
I don't think Harmony Bends is playable at the moment.

I mean I guess if I was trying to tag a course in with New Melle it would be Quail Ridge. Indian Camp Creek has too much annoying tall grass OB and Fort Zumwalt has holes removed for a redesign. Moscow Mills I think is closed to the public now. Quail Ridge is probably the best option out there. I mean unless you are a tall grass OB fan.

Correct on all accounts.

Local Leagues - there are more, but theses are the ones you should be aware of for scheduling purposes.
Monday: N/A
Tuesday: Partner doubles at JB or Random dubs at Schroeder (local 9-holer)
Wednesday: Cali singles at Carrollton
Thursday: Partner doubles at New Melle & Random Dubs at Logan. I run the league at Logan, so PM me if you want to join us...
Friday: Random Dubs at Endicott

Feel free to PM me with any questions, I'm more than happy to help a fellow DG traveler!

I have road-tripped to St Louis from KC a couple times and for some reason I am jonesing to play JB again.

I don't think Harmony Bends is playable at the moment.

Recent course update makes it seem like the flooding, at least, isn't bad, though mowing may not be at its best. I don't know the St Louis scene at all and I'm sure it's great, but HB is worth a shot even if not at its best.

I have road-tripped to St Louis from KC a couple times and for some reason I am jonesing to play JB again.

Come on out for the 14th Annual St. Louis Open. JB is in tip top shape and ready for our biggest event of the year!

Recent course update makes it seem like the flooding, at least, isn't bad, though mowing may not be at its best. I don't know the St Louis scene at all and I'm sure it's great, but HB is worth a shot even if not at its best.

HB is a destination course that I recommend everyone try and get to when they can. That said, the course is really not fit to play after heavy rains or flooding. I do not know the exact conditions, but be careful if you play in/after Spring weather.

I played JB for the first time in 12 years the other day. I have no idea why I didn't play it for 12 years. New courses started popping up so every time I went to St. Louis there seemed to be a new course to go to, I guess. Anyway, JB was always a big deal back in the day and I have this romanticized vision of it in my head. I was throwing eight and my drive landed in just the right spot for the dude throwing 11 to have his drive flip over at me and I thought "did we always throw at each other here?" Yep, that's the course. There are a lot of holes crammed into the back. I might have been disappointed if I didn't already love the place. I guess that's what home boy bias is, eh?

St Louis area, week of Memorial Day...

I am going to staying in Fairview Heights IL.

Haven't decided if I am going to stick with courses I know I like or try to increase my course played number. If there are any new gotta plays, that are really worth the time, please point them out to me.

Tentative schedule...

Monday: Jefferson Barracks, have not played the Bunker yet.
Tuesday: New Melle and...?
Wednesday: Carrollton and either White Birch (haven't had an ace in couple years) or Logan
Thursday: Sioux Passage and ...?

Hoping Gateway is open to stop at either Tuesday or Wednesday

Suggestions...

I quite enjoyed Rock Spring in Alton, IL. That was a long time ago though, heh.

I enjoyed Rick Spring as well, bot that was 7 yrs ago. If they've kept it up, it's some great golf (in a shady area, as I recall).

However, recent reviews indicate it's gone downhill.

I enjoyed Rick Spring as well, bot that was 7 yrs ago. If they've kept it up, it's some great golf (in a shady area, as I recall).

It's been almost 10 years for me! :eek:

Tyler J's review is fantastic, you're right. Too bad it has so many issues to discuss.

It was a bit rough last year. Still worth a play but I'd recommend wearing pants. The rough was brutal. Probably pair well with Sioux Passage.

It was a bit rough last year. Still worth a play but I'd recommend wearing pants. The rough was brutal. Probably pair well with Sioux Passage.

To this point I've worn pants every single round I've ever played.... except for that one time after the whole Homegrown Tour crowd was here for a couple of rounds... but I did wear shoes and socks. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] True story![emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to staying in Fairview Heights IL.

Haven't decided if I am going to stick with courses I know I like or try to increase my course played number. If there are any new gotta plays, that are really worth the time, please point them out to me.

Tentative schedule...

Monday: Jefferson Barracks, have not played the Bunker yet.
Tuesday: New Melle and...?
Wednesday: Carrollton and either White Birch (haven't had an ace in couple years) or Logan
Thursday: Sioux Passage and ...?

Hoping Gateway is open to stop at either Tuesday or Wednesday

Suggestions...

JB is getting brand new MachXs in July (I think) depending on shipping.
The Bunker has gotten benches on every hole, turf pads, and tee signs are in the works. Absolutely worth checking out (if you like woods golf). It has a vibe that is completely unique in our area.

Carrollton is looking great. We have a Bridgeton resident "Magic Mike" that invests ~25 hours/week at the course. We've also recently installed permanent GOLD baskets on 6 holes (Brand new, blue top Titans)

The back 9 at White Birch is closed due to construction every day. I think they are still letting people play the back after 5:00 though. Not really sure if all 18 holes are playable (right now). The rest are still ace runs though...

I run a league at Logan on Thursday nights - random draw doubles for $6. The course has continued on the path of improvement since your last visit. I'm biased, but it is in amazing shape. We are hosting teh Logan Memorial on Saturday 5/29, so the course will be in pristine condition.

If you're staying on the IL side, Clinton Hills is worth checking out. It's a beautiful park, pretty wide open, and challenging. Designed by EMac, There is a pub and pro shop on site. They have a league on Wednesday nights. Unfortunately, Rock Springs has not improved. In fact, it has digressed. That said, La Vista is in the same area and our newest gem. It is a must play, more so than just about any other course...

You may have played Creve Coeur at one time, but that course has been redesigned and branded Lakeside. It is 18 holes, mostly open, mostly ranging from 350'-450' with a couple longer ones sprinkled in. We've also installed another 18 holes in the upper part of the park. That can be found under Creve Coeur - Hillside. All 36 holes have brand new Discatchers.

Hillside has been a course of much contention here. So much so that UDisc deleted all ratings and reviews..... Anyway, it is super fun, park-style course that is surprisingly technical for as open it is. I think a player of your experience would really enjoy it. You will have to use UDisc for navigation assistance as it is not marked that well yet. Better yet, if you let me know when you want to play, I'll be your guide.

If you're going all the way out to New Melle, you may as well stop at Quail. They redesigned 1/3 of the course and got all new baskets since your last visit. I liked the old layout better (for nostalgic reasons) but its like playing 1/3 of a new course...
*Also if you're going to be out here, check out Smokin' Aces Disc Golf. They are a big sponsor fo teh local Clubs and a dedicated brick and mortar disc golf shop.

I've heard that Briscoe Woods is in great shape right now - that's the course at Sioux Passage Park. You may also try Dunegant or Hudson Park. Both are shorter, but fun. Hudson is good if you're looking for ace runs and both are close to Sioux.

Gateway is "close" to Endicott, Carrollton, Creve Coeur, & Logan

Last edited:
The back 9 at White Birch is closed due to construction every day. I think they are still letting people play the back after 5:00 though. Not really sure if all 18 holes are playable (right now). The rest are still ace runs though...
Yeah, the 'Birch should be a skip. It's a mess.

Latest posts