• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stability with different plastics

100Birds2Squirrels

Par Member
Has anyone noticed if stability between Z and ESP plastic (Discraft) is relative to Champion and Star (Innova)? I recently got 2 Surges, one in Z and one in ESP, and was curious if they will fly different like Innova plastics do. (Note: ESP weight is 174, Z is 170)

It would be nice to have a definitive word from manufacturers on this. From person to person I've seen different claims of which is the most stable. What I've seen posted the most over my time on these boards is the follwing:

-More Stable-
*Elite Z
*FLX
*ESP
*Elite X
*Pro D
-Less Stable-

Again, those are not my findings, just what I've seen the trend to be from user observations.

My list goes more like this:

-More Stable-
*FLX
*Elite Z
*Esp
*Elite X
*Pro D
-Less Stable-

Last edited:
My list goes more like this:

-More Stable-
*FLX
*Elite Z
*Esp
*Elite X
*Pro D
-Less Stable-

That would be my ranking as well.

It goes the same with Innova.

Champ
Star
Pro
DX

I thought Discraft says themselves somewhere that FLX is more understable than ESP or Z?

I have more and more begun to like Champ plastic for Innova and ESP for Discraft best.

What's challenging is separating subtle form differences between the discs and the plastic texture/grip, etc itself. I have some discs in two or three different plastics and have noticed changes in dome, sharpness of rim, slight angle differences. These have a large affect as well.

DX is designed to be the most stable in the beginning. They beat in the fastest so they become the most understable

Latest posts