• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

stable putter

alright thanks a lot mmyersdisc, i'll just see which feels better in my hand, thanks everyone for the advice, i'll post what i pick up and how i like it after three or so rounds today

Midnight, I think you need to just put something about magnets and the titanic in your signature, and then right above it put "If I post in your thread about putters, I am promoting the magnet and/or Titanic. Read below"

then you could just type +1, and be done. haha.

I am just talking about what works. I have thrown many, many putters and these just work, and work well. Hell, if they made a disc called "The Poo Poo Platter" and it putted well, I would promote it.

i bought a 175 purple pro d magnet today, played five rounds and was amazed that anything within 25 feet was going in, i'm a finnesse putter so this stability is perfect, in fact i liked it so much i got a second one (exactly the same) on my way home so i could practice more at home

i bought a 175 purple pro d magnet today, played five rounds and was amazed that anything within 25 feet was going in, i'm a finesse putter so this stability is perfect, in fact i liked it so much i got a second one (exactly the same) on my way home so i could practice more at home

Anyone else want to argue with me after that statement?:D

Magnets and Titanic's rule!

There are two types of Disc golfers . Those that throw Magnets, and the ones that don't because they haven't tried one yet.:D

Anyone else want to argue with me after that statement?:D

Magnets and Titanic's rule!

OK... sure, what the hey...
The best putter ever is the JK Aviar-X.

There are two types of Disc golfers . Those that throw Magnets, and the ones that don't because they haven't tried one yet.:D

I have tried base plastic Magnets. Pro-D right?
They are good putters and not a whole lot different than the beaded Aviar, but the big bead Aviar is more stable. That works better for me because from around 25 - 35 feet, I like to release straight at the pin on a slight anhyzer and the disc flies straight into the chains (although the tilt flattens out). Under 25 feet, all putters are pretty much the same. Over 35 feet, I prefer to play the fade because I'm old school and that's just how discs fly.

I like the JK Aviars because the plastic is so sweet and just gets better and better over time. Admittedly, Innova plastic is very inconsistent; so it's good to feel a lot of discs and pick the Good Ones.

Some people like the KC Aviars, but I'm not sure why. If I wanted a stiff, sturdy BB Aviar, I'd get one in Star (and I'm considering getting one around 165g). I've got a couple DX Aviar Drivers and like them better than any KC I've tried.

Have fun with your Magnets/Titanics, but I've got JK Aviars stocked up to see me out.

OK... sure, what the hey...
The best putter ever is the JK Aviar-X.

I have tried base plastic Magnets. Pro-D right?
They are good putters and not a whole lot different than the beaded Aviar, but the big bead Aviar is more stable. That works better for me because from around 25 - 35 feet, I like to release straight at the pin on a slight anhyzer and the disc flies straight into the chains (although the tilt flattens out). Under 25 feet, all putters are pretty much the same. Over 35 feet, I prefer to play the fade because I'm old school and that's just how discs fly.

I like the JK Aviars because the plastic is so sweet and just gets better and better over time. Admittedly, Innova plastic is very inconsistent; so it's good to feel a lot of discs and pick the Good Ones.

Some people like the KC Aviars, but I'm not sure why. If I wanted a stiff, sturdy BB Aviar, I'd get one in Star (and I'm considering getting one around 165g). I've got a couple DX Aviar Drivers and like them better than any KC I've tried.

Have fun with your Magnets/Titanic's, but I've got JK Aviars stocked up to see me out.

Thats what makes this sport fun. We all show up with different disc combinations, but we all have fun.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a putt-approach disc that is stable enough to handle a hard rip without turning over, but something that also has little-to-no fade?

Right now I use my Omega AP for straight shots of up to 220' or so, but I have to use my putting style fan-grip, which takes off a lot of power. I can use my midrange style birdie-grip with my Pig since it's so overstable, which gives me a lot more power than I can use with my Omega AP, but the problem is that I can only use that disc for left-turning shots (I'm RHBH). I'd like to find something I could use this grip with, that won't turn over, and doesn't have huge fade like the Pig. Any suggestions?

Does anyone have a suggestion for a putt-approach disc that is stable enough to handle a hard rip without turning over, but something that also has little-to-no fade?

Right now I use my Omega AP for straight shots of up to 220' or so, but I have to use my putting style fan-grip, which takes off a lot of power. I can use my midrange style birdie-grip with my Pig since it's so overstable, which gives me a lot more power than I can use with my Omega AP, but the problem is that I can only use that disc for left-turning shots (I'm RHBH). I'd like to find something I could use this grip with, that won't turn over, and doesn't have huge fade like the Pig. Any suggestions?

I keep a Flx Challenger in my bag for approach/ short drives. I can lauch it out there 200' range dead straight with basically no fade. I use a mod fan grip like with a all my midranges and release it very smooth and flat or a little hyzer. If you over power it, it does a gentle anhyzer, but nothing crazy.

I don't have a huge arm or alot of snap yet, but 200' feet and in my FLX Challenger is my disc of choice.

I throw a champ rhyno off the tees and it goes up and straight with some good snap or itll fade with no snap

Aero, Dart, Magic, Magnet. Aero has been around the longest and has tons of glide.

That's exactly the kind of shots I use my dx Classic Roc for. It'll hold a hyzer or anny line, but I love it for shots up to about 260' that need to go straight, then sit down without a lot of fade.

That's exactly the kind of shots I use my dx Classic Roc for. It'll hold a hyzer or anny line, but I love it for shots up to about 260' that need to go straight, then sit down without a lot of fade.

Yea I rarely throw my putter for a shot like that.

Yea I rarely throw my putter for a shot like that.

The classic roc is a putt/approach disc, it's not the same as a roc. It's basically the xd putter with a bigger bead to give it more stability. I don't putt with it, but I know some people who do. I just like it because it'll handle more torque than most of my other putters, without fading too much at the end of a longer throw. If I want the fade at the end, I'll throw my star aviar driver for that kind of shot.

Soft APX is my bread and butter for straight to turnover approaches. Wont fade at all, if anything it will turn over ever so slightly. The DGA titanic is pretty sweet, im still breakin her in before I give it a final grade

I just got back from the practice field and was driving my "new to me" Magnet and Titanic (which I understand to be the same disc). These things are incredibly stable, I was throwing an 86 softie before and I could get that thing to do anything but these are awesome they just float in a straight line for 220' its beautiful to watch.

I can send my 175 Titanic that far and it does not turn over. It looks for the basket and finds it. Check one out.

I just got back from the practice field and was driving my "new to me" Magnet and Titanic (which I understand to be the same disc). These things are incredibly stable, I was throwing an 86 softie before and I could get that thing to do anything but these are awesome they just float in a straight line for 220' its beautiful to watch.

Couldn't have said it better myself.:D

Latest posts