• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Star Katana

My local store has roughly 6 of them in stock. Only Blue/Orange ones are left, I got the last white one. They have them priced at 19.99. I traded in 12 disc's that I wasn't using for store credit and got a Innova Red/Black bag and a White 175 Star Katana!

LakeSide Decks Skateboard Shop and Disc Golf
5522b Lakeside Avenue
Henrico, VA 23228
(804) 525-5559
www.myspace.com/lakesidedecks

How does the Katana relate to a Surge?

Curious to get feedback as the Katana seems to be less stable than the Surge, yet faster.

These factors generally counterbalance.

I went up to Disc Nation in Austin last Thursday to do some Xmas shopping. They had first run Katanas for $35.99. I'd like to try one, but not at that price, WOW!

Anyone know when they'll release a general run to the public?

Woodpecker

I went up to Disc Nation in Austin last Thursday to do some Xmas shopping. They had first run Katanas for $35.99. I'd like to try one, but not at that price, WOW!

Anyone know when they'll release a general run to the public?

Woodpecker

yea, they have bad prices on rare discs. I picked up some brand new Eco Star San Marino Rocs on discgolfu.com for $20 and shipping (which are still available) and DiscNation wanted $80 lol

Yea, I almost bought a Champ from GGGT but for the same price I got a Star from Disc Golf Center and I got 50 cents off. :hfive:

How does the Katana relate to a Surge?

Curious to get feedback as the Katana seems to be less stable than the Surge, yet faster.

These factors generally counterbalance.

Good question. The Katana has less fade, and a flight path that's generally "looser" than the Surge (borrowing the word from somebody in another Katana thread). Not sure which would give me the overall max distance, but right now I'm guessing the Katana, especially on an uphill throw.

Good question. The Katana has less fade, and a flight path that's generally "looser" than the Surge (borrowing the word from somebody in another Katana thread). Not sure which would give me the overall max distance, but right now I'm guessing the Katana, especially on an uphill throw.

Thanx man.
I threw a katana for the first time today. Only chucked it twice. Both times it flew very low, with an understable flight to start off, then finishing with a nice fade at the end. It was about what I expected. It is definitely faster than the Surge. It seemed like the fastest disc I've ever thrown. I may have to get one.

Found them at Play It Again Sports in Fort Worth, TX USA for $19.95. Yesterday. I have only gotten to throw it once so far. Man, do I have a noodle arm! :)

Latest posts