• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Star Rancho Roc?

ill4mation

Eagle Member
How do the Star Ranchos fly? Would these be a replacement for a premium roc for overstable shots?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I don't like to spend money to experiment.

I bought one, took it out a few times, then sold it, it did not work for me. Rim is very tilted, overall disc is not as robust as some CFR Star Ranchos, plastic seems thinner, very sensitive to off axis torque, so if you put some anny on it, it will flip all the way over and not come back. Provided I did not have to really throw hard, and there was not much wind, it did work nicely for some shots, but it had clear weaknesses and was a risky disc to throw on many shots, so I sold it.

Are these + molded? The CFR * roc I found is + mold. Now I am hooked on +

The gummy champ I found is + mold too. I love how these fly.

I only threw one Star Rancho Roc. It was a light blue and max weight at 180g. It was pretty stable, definitely comparable to a fresh Super Roc or a Champ Roc.

I saw someone bomb one the other day, so it must work for someone. I would love to get one of those Gummy Roc's....they need to drop those things in price, LOL!

Ranchos are not + rimmed. They are very stable, and are a suitable alternative to USDGC Rocs for the most part. I personally prefer the feel of some of the older champ ones, but these are nice too and a lot less expensive.

Thanks, timko. I probably will just stick with my + mold. If I could find some more gummy ones for $2 I would buy them for you. Got mine 9/10 in a stack in a pawn shop.

I loved my Star Rancho Rocs, but I was not using them for straight up the gut shots like how I see most people use their seasoned Rocs. I love driving the Rancho Roc with mild S Curve or pin point placement shots from a hyzer approach.

However, I found that the Icon Ghost has an incredibly similar flight but with a little more glide. I have switched over to them instead.

I love mine, quite over stable, bounced it off the top of a 260ft hyzer line yesterday, hit post today. it is the perfect answer to my slightly beat straighter dx ranchos

I love mine, quite over stable, bounced it off the top of a 260ft hyzer line yesterday, hit post today. it is the perfect answer to my slightly beat straighter dx ranchos

Not really overstable, but definitely high speed stable making it a great driver. I definitely agree that it is a fantastic disc for complementing what you have already. Like I said earlier, if I had not found that the Ghost was slightly better in every way, the Star Rancho would be my mid of choice.

I'm in the same boat.

I seen one the other day and should have picked it up.I'm thinking of switching back to Rocs and putting the Buzzz's up.If I was to get the Star Rancho Roc would it be a perfect fit beside my Star San Marino Roc or would it just fly the same?

Glad I asked this question. Looks like ill be picking one up and see if I can put the champs away. Btw, how is the dome on these?

About like the dime on any modern roc. Present, but not absurd. They aren't flat, that's for sure. If you want flat premium Rocs, go but some 05 glows.

Anyone thrown the batch of Star Rocs?

Their profiles are nice with a mild dome (based off of DGC profile images) but I haven't pulled the trigger on any yet.

Latest posts