• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] star tank VS DX rhino vs panzer

loki the trickster

Birdie Member
i have been out of the game for 2ish years and have a star tank from one of the big D in the desert as a tfr a few years back. my problem is that it is about a stable a star BB avair but less glide. i was hoping that it would be a bit straighter but its not.
the shots that i would use for this (rhino or panzer) for would be short straight up shots with no glide or putting or approaching down hill to a basket or throwing shots near OB so i can run the shot a bit hard and not need to worry about it floating in to the OB!

so what would be better??????
i do know that the rhino will be more over stable in the beginning but it cant be more stable the the star tank i have and wont be that way for long!

If you're looking for the straighter shot, go for the Panzer, the Rhyno is going to be every bit as overstable as your Star Tank. That being said, depending on the condition of that Tank, I am interested!

If you're looking for the straighter shot, go for the Panzer, the Rhyno is going to be every bit as overstable as your Star Tank. That being said, depending on the condition of that Tank, I am interested!

no i am not looking at letting go of the star tank. it will just sit on the sidelines till i go to a few of the out of town courses that have rocks and manzanita in the fairways!

Damn shame that it's just gonna come out to get destroyed on rocks and such, they only made something like 40 star Tanks EVER!!! I have one, but am always on the lookout for more

Yeah, not sure exactly how many, but I know that it was right around 40. If you think that sounds low, look at the champ Tank in my profile picture, they only made 9 of those!! I had 4, now I'm down to 2...

well seeing that the thumb track top with a aviar bottem is a tank and dgv had bead less rhynos in both gummy ch and regular ch i would say that you missed out! unless the tanks bottom mold is one of a kind but it looks like a aviar to me!

I'm not sure when you saw beadless rhynos on dgv in champion plastic. The only champ tanks that were made were the 9 that went up for sale in the Innova Factory Store when it first opened. They have sold R Pro on DGV, but never champs. I have every single tank/beadless rhyno plastic and stamp that Innova ever made, so I think I'm pretty well versed on the topic.

i think it was around '07-'08! it was around the same time their was beadless gremlins at DGV, not that that will help!

Yeah, I'm gonna say with about 99.9% confidence that is not correct. The only ones that came out in 07' were the US Masters and the Big D in the Desert white R Pros. Then later, DGV released some red, yellow and orange r pros with the Eurpoean Open, Gentleman's Club Challenge, Asia Open and Halloween Classic stamps. Other than those, there were the roughly 40 starts, 9 champs, roughly 20 Pro Rhynos that were made beadless, and then also white, yellow, orange and red DGU R Pro Tanks. To my knowledge, those are the only tanks that were made with the Beadless Innova mold

Yeah, I'm gonna say with about 99.9% confidence that is not correct. The only ones that came out in 07' were the US Masters and the Big D in the Desert white R Pros. Then later, DGV released some red, yellow and orange r pros with the Eurpoean Open, Gentleman's Club Challenge, Asia Open and Halloween Classic stamps. Other than those, there were the roughly 40 starts, 9 champs, roughly 20 Pro Rhynos that were made beadless, and then also white, yellow, orange and red DGU R Pro Tanks. To my knowledge, those are the only tanks that were made with the Beadless Innova mold

that does not make any sense that innova would only produce 9 champs. minimum order of a disc for cfr/tfr is 25 discs. that would make a champ tank/ beadless rhyno worth more then any disc ever including the early CE roc's from the usdgc.

Believe it or not, here's a screen shot. If you do a google search on Innova Champion Tank it will bring you right to the factory store. I wish people considered them the most valuable disc out there, but unfortunately not. I did sell one on ebay last year for $115 though

Attachments

• Tank.jpg
    Tank.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 35
Believe it or not, here's a screen shot. If you do a google search on Innova Champion Tank it will bring you right to the factory store. I wish people considered them the most valuable disc out there, but unfortunately not. I did sell one on ebay last year for $115 though

in the screen shot under product description it states that the tank is a beadless rhyno. disc golf values had both regular champ and gummy champ no bead rhyno's a few years ago. but they were also in low volume. they never said how many # of them, just that they had a few of each.

my guess is with millennium and HB making the tank that it wont be to long before the panzer or tank gets made in quantum or Sirius plastic.

Latest posts