• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Star Vulcan anyone?

I've been on the fence about my favorite distance driver since i started hitting 350 i ussually throw a 175 champ boss flat and hard but latley ive had a sort of change in heart. A star vulcan fell into my lap and i have to say this disc is FAST i was 6ft away from canning a 420 down hill ace.

Heres my problem, i have a feeling it was like a one night stand with the vulcan. It can be very roll prone with too much turn, any ideas on how to mitigate that? Has anyone has success using the star vulcan?

I got a 171 gram Star Vulcan for Christmas, and I must say I love it. I FH my vulcan and it always has great results. such a big S! woo woo woo

Throw with more hyzer? Better yet, accept it for what it is & use the turn/flip to your advantage. Aim your drive out to the left with some height to it. It flips over & goes back to the right for a long way. Awesome turnover disc!

Tailwind and make sure you have room. Let it be the fast and reckless disc it wants to be and don't be mad when it is.

I love my vulcan, but only throw it with a tailwind or in situations where there room for a big S curve on a hyzer flip shot.

I have started using it more. I really like it for the hyzer flip shots. I will also use it for open distances in tail winds and no wind.

RHBH, i love my star vulcans. new, they hyzer flip well with no wind to a small tailwind. as for a slight headwind, throw on a 45 degree or more and let that bad boy flip up. i throw mine about 400ish.

as for rollers, my beat star vulcan, thrown anny works well. i aim for about 150-200 feet down the fairway trying to let it land on about 60 degrees in line with the basket. throw medium(60%) power and it will land, curve to left as it stands, and roll back to the right. i avg these about 400ish. if i throw hard i aim for about 250+ feet down the fairway and they take off. i go about 550 feet on really good rolls on mowed lawns. still learning the control on it, but they roll really well. throw them flat into a headwind and they will turn over on you as well and roll.

good luck!!

darren
www.razorsmith.com

I'm going to have to try adding a little hyzer to my throws. My star Vulcan seems pretty stable when I throw it flat. Seems strange since the flight ratings would dictate a stronger HSS turn. I get a nice S curve with my star Archon so I know it's not entirely the archer, so to speak.

I'm going to have to try adding a little hyzer to my throws. My star Vulcan seems pretty stable when I throw it flat. Seems strange since the flight ratings would dictate a stronger HSS turn. I get a nice S curve with my star Archon so I know it's not entirely the archer, so to speak.

I have 2 Vulcans. One that is true to its numbers with a sweet ass long high speed turn and a smooth forward fade. This one is great out to well over 400'.

The other is slightly over stable and I'm currently trying to beat the crap out of it to see if it will break into the disc that the first runs where.

try a pro vulcan, theyre awesome. gets flippy a little faster but out of the box theyre $$$$

I like my star vulcans I have a light and heavy one. I might have to try a pro. I love the feeling of the pro plastic.

I found the Vulcan to be a bit wonky. Thing would flip if i had even the slightest OAT. I would say give the Westside King a try. Fills that same spot for me but IMO much more predictable.(After a teebird its the most consistent disc ive tried)

The Westside numbers are not innova numbers, so dont be afraid.

I like the pro vulcan better than star, but had trouble controlling the disc. I hear that 5 grams weight difference is huge on a vulcan.

i keep a 171 Star Vulcan in my bag for a couple reasons, i love using this disc later in my rounds for when i have had a long weekend of DG for when i get tired. i like throwing(RHBH) it with the wing up at about 10'o clock with the nose down and start her left and watch it sweep across the fairway. if you want to just bomb it, you do have to put it on a hyzer flip and she will respond nice. but for the most part i throw the Vulcan at about 70-75% power and get where i need to go with hardley no effort in my throws. Great finesse disc in my opinion, that you can put on some cool lines.

Latest posts