• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Stay away from Westside Misprint package

Status
Not open for further replies.
I threw the Stag and Longbowman for a bit, but I don't think they are that popular. I think the Stag is underrated and would work for a lot of people.

Stag is really good, as is the Ahti. Pretty close to a Firebird.

Stag is really good, as is the Ahti. Pretty close to a Firebird.

Yup, Ahti is good too. Westside has a nice lineup. I played around with this bag:

Shields (BT Hard, VIP)
Harps (BT Hard, VIP)
Pines
Bards
Stags
Ahtis
Swords
Giants
Kings

A Longbowman was in for a while as well.

If for some reason I got sponsored by Westside it would be pretty easy to build a bag, lol. Tough to find everything regularly in local stores though.

This humorous thread reminded me of a pair of Discraft misprint packs that I purchased in the past.

The combined discs from the two misprint boxes were:
2 FLX Challengers
8 Z/ESP Buzzz
2 Z Buzzz OS
2 FLX Drones
2 Ace Race Heats
2 Z Undertakers
3 ESP Avengers
2 ESP/FLX Avenger SS
2 ESP Surge
2 FLX Surge SS
7 Z/ESP Nukes
2 Z Nuke SS
4 Z/ESP Cranks

No Comets. I would be so angry :mad::wall: if I didn't get any Comets.(almost not kidding, lol) :|. Stay away from Discraft random mystery boxes!

Yup, Ahti is good too. Westside has a nice lineup. I played around with this bag:

Shields (BT Hard, VIP)
Harps (BT Hard, VIP)
Pines
Bards
Stags
Ahtis
Swords
Giants
Kings

A Longbowman was in for a while as well.

If for some reason I got sponsored by Westside it would be pretty easy to build a bag, lol. Tough to find everything regularly in local stores though.

Drop the Sword/pine/shield and add a swan and that was my bag for most of 2018.

Ok my expectations were too high I guess, I apologize for being so rough in this thread. That said, I do think they would be well served to do more of what I said , than less. I would imagine over time they would end up with a pretty even distribution of misprints, so a limited amount of planning could go along way. You are still paying $10 for a disc with a messed up stamp.

In response to replies to this thread: 2 things bothered me about this pack.

1) 2 over stable high speed drivers, neither which I have the arm to throw, so meathooks. I max at about 325'. Maybe include one for stronger arms and one for weaker arms. I do not believe for a moment that they only had these 5 disc to make a pack from.

2) having a duplicate simple text stamp on the 2 mid ranges. I take that as a "screw em, its only a misprint pack" kind of attitude.

I understand "buyer beware" and that this was a mystery pack. I still say beware to anyone who has the same expectations that I had. They obviously put very little thought into these.

2 things bothered me about this pack.

1) 2 over stable high speed drivers, neither which I have the arm to throw, so meathooks. I max at about 325'. Maybe include one for stronger arms and one for weaker arms. I do not believe for a moment that they only had these 5 disc to make a pack from.

2) having a duplicate simple text stamp on the 2 mid ranges. I take that as a "screw em, its only a misprint pack" kind of attitude.

I understand "buyer beware" and that this was a mystery pack. I still say beware to anyone who has the same expectations that I had. They obviously put very little thought into these.

1) They did give you one "strong arm" driver and one "weaker arm" driver. The Ballista is a very understable disc. Unless you're throwing at high altitude, you should easily be seeing some turn at your stated distance capability.
2) Pretty sure you've forfeited the right to complain about stamps once you purchase a misprint mystery box.

This was a fun read. I get the draw to mystery boxes for prizes, like the OP wanted. In which case, give them away! Stamps don't effect flight. But... I'd never expect to get something I wanted out of them. That's why I peruse the Marketplace or DGC. That and I'm picky. *shrugs*

1) When dealing with misprints, ANY coment about the stamps (such as 2 discs with the same/similar stamp) is going to be seen as bang out of line.

2) OP says both drivers are OS, while others have described the Ballista as US.
Could it be an OS mold stamped as a Ballista? It happens... I've got some Discraft I picked up as misprints stamped with the wrong mold.

Last edited:
2) OP says both drivers are OS, while others have described the Ballista as US. Could it be an OS mold stamped as a Ballista? It happens... I've got some Discraft discs stamped with the wrong mold.

Trilogy has the mold name lettered in the back of the disc.. it's probably a Ballista. He said he doesnt have the arm for it because it's too fast, so it is OS for him.

"Buyer be advised that mystery misprint packs likely will not fulfill the following: cater to your particular armspeed, fill perceived holes in your bag, provide a complete lineup of discs, and/or meet your individual aesthetic standards for CTP prizes.

These discs may be functionally equivalent to others that cost approximately 33% more, with the discount reflecting the lack of choice in the assortment of discs you may receive; however, despite the equivalent utility, you may feel like each disc you receive is worth less than $5.

If you are interested in receiving 5 randomly assorted discs in new condition at a significantly discounted price, and understand what a random assortment of misprints means, this may be a good deal. If, however, you are seeking particular discs to meet your individual subjective needs, and/or are uncomfortable with the potential range of outcomes associated with a random assortment, and/or do not understand what may comprise a random assortment of discs, then stay away from this package deal."

I've never considered ordering a mystery box. I already overspend on stuff that I know I want. Maybe if a company was offering crazy value like 10 discs for $50, or promising every box would have a disc signed by a top pro, I'd consider it.

The intention was to hand these out as CTP prizes at league but the only usable discs for most players in the league, also have the worst stamp.

That's ridiculous, you complain that the discs are no good *for you* and they aren't even for yourself? You got a decent deal but your entitlement if of the chart. If I was the guy receiving your complaint I'd propably print it and put it on the pinboard for a good laugh.

It's embarrassing how you are now trying to discourage people from buying Westside after your received exactly what you ordered. :doh:

^^yeah, just noticed this. Why the hell you mad that you got the Ballista and Enforcer if they're not for you, anyway! *eyeroll*

If your Bio is correct, you've only been playing for six months, and earlier you said you have like a 325 ft arm.
Not even trying to be a d**k here, but just practice up so you can git güd and get those drivers up to speed! You wont be complaining on here when you're pushing 400 with that Ballista.

zoidberg_bad.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts