• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stepping on the rake (smallest possible lever)

could you make an gif of you throwing with the shorter part also

Sure, I'll see what I can do.
Or you could just watch whichever pro you want basically (with a few exceptions). It's easier to see in different forms, and easier to see when you know what to look for.

mwjVV4.gif

In this gif of Drew Gibson that was just posted in another thread it is quite obvious. A common misconception is that the follow through starts when the hand leaves the disc, and that the whole body enters the follow through at the same time.
The follow through of the hand starts when the disc leaves the hand, the follow through of the elbow before that, the lead shoulder before that, the rear shoulder before that, the lead hip before that and so on...
See the kinectic sequence. There is a great thread on the subject. (Although I haven't read most of it myself yet.)

Now watch the gif again and try to see how the energy travels and forget about the follow through as soon as the energy passes through that body part.
If we are to focus on only the shoulders and the lead arm you can almost see a burst of energy from the rear shoulder, and then the rear shoulder follow through directly after while the energy keeps traveling forward towards the hand.
That's why some people think that you should rotate so much more then you need to.
Do you follow?

Throwing with the shorter lever is letting your enegy not make any shortcuts. The power needs to travel up through the body and reach the rear shoulder first. The rake is more a way of thought to not forget that the upper part of the throw doesn't start from the lead shoulder.

Latest posts