• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Stick with the ESP buzzz or move on?

JugStomper

Ive been throwing a 177g ESP buzzz for the last 4 months, and it has gotten way flippy, I don't know if that's normal or not. I was thinking about trying a z buzzz or TI buzzz, however I did really enjoy the way my esp threw when it was flying the same way. Does the zzz and titaniums fly similarly but break in longer?

My ESP Buzzz is a turnover machine now too. It used to be my favorite disc and now I am becoming afraid to throw it.

I have an ESP up on the wall for the same reason. They get flippy. I've used a CryZtal Buzzz for the last 2 years and its flight hasn't noticeably changed for me. It's the only Discraft in my bag, but it's also the only disc I own that will never leave.

I can't speak for the Ti Buzzz, I just know that with my CryZtal I have no need to try Ti.

Z buzzzes will hold their stability for longer. As for Ti, I can't say how they break in since I took mine out of the bag. So if it was me, I would grab an elite z buzzz over a Ti. One other option would be to pick up a fresh esp buzzz and cycle them so you have a couple in different states of wear in. the bag. This will allow you to cover a wider shot variety while sticking to the esp buzzz that you like so much.

have a pic of that flippy buzzz might trade buzzz if you want someting more stable.

Ti buzzzes take almost no wear. They are durability machines. I still throw my z buzz more often because it's an easier color to spot. They flight about the same, in the wind I'll throw the ti because it's heavier, but it's not in my bag atm but on windy days like today it's changed out for nonwindfriendly discs.

I don't throw any mids other than MVP and the occasional Glow Gator these days, but I used to live and die by the Z Buzzz. It was one of the first discs I bought, and if I hadn't traded one and then lost the other, I'd probably be throwing them still to this day. Great reliable mid, can take a lot of damage, and the classic yellow Z color they come in is so easy to spot, while the Ti colors can be difficult to see off the fairway.

I also prefer the CryZtal plastic for my Buzzz's. Regular Z plastic is a close second. My Ti is hanging on the wall.

I've had a FLX Buzzz in the bag for a year and a half and love it. The Core is endangering its place there, but I don't think it's going anywhere. Mine hasn't turned into a turnover machine though. It still flies like the day I bought it. Well... The day I bought it I was a noob, so it certainly takes a different path these days, but it still flies like I want it to.

I'll agree with the advice to just pick up another one if you don't mind carrying several in different states of wear. If you do, then you might as well try Ti. I haven't thrown one because I don't like the colors, but I've seen them hit concrete pretty hard without sustaining any damage.

I also prefer the CryZtal plastic for my Buzzz's. Regular Z plastic is a close second. My Ti is hanging on the wall.

I finally saw this "CryZtal" everyone speaks of. Met a guy throwing a Drone in that plastic. I've never seen it for sale though. Do they still make it or is that something I'll have to pay a lot to locate?

I finally saw this "CryZtal" everyone speaks of. Met a guy throwing a Drone in that plastic. I've never seen it for sale though. Do they still make it or is that something I'll have to pay a lot to locate?

Probably not too pricey, just hard to locate.

i have a flx buzz the thing has hit more trees than throwing an ewok on a catapult through endor.

its 170 and flys exactly the way it has since day 1. I throw 175+buzzz z/glow but thats the only exception. thing is amazing. holds any line no fade. straight will fade 2-10 feet to the left rhbh when thrown straight and flat when it hits the 250 range. most is due to skips/sliding.

Last edited:

Discrafts CryZtal plastics are as far as I know only available originaly for tournaments. Most of the big retailers have extra for sale, and you can find it on ebay. I was drooling over a CryZtal Stalker and a CryZtal Meteor earlier today at a Sun King Ace Race event.

I picked up this disc, out of the SSP's league for sale bins, at their 2011 Ice Bowl.

picture.php

They're out there, and worth the time to find them!

And they usauly cost around $20 or less.

Weren't Drones run in CryZtal FLX and not CryZtal? I don't believe the Drone in this plastic was super well received (not like it was in Z) so it shouldn't be too hard to locate one for a decent price.

Weren't Drones run in CryZtal FLX and not CryZtal? I don't believe the Drone in this plastic was super well received (not like it was in Z) so it shouldn't be too hard to locate one for a decent price.

As far as I know, that is correct. The Drones only CryZtal plastic run was in FLX. I'm not sure about price or availability, as I don't throw them. I myself prefer my discs to be a little "stiffer" than FLX, if that makes sense.