• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stolen Bag

cjrogus

I bet I could throw a FH here.
Felt like telling some people what happened to me in the last couple of weeks. Saturday, January 12th I'm leaving for a 10am tee time with a random golfer at my home course that found a disc of mine at a course 3 hours west, that I lost at a different course 1 hour north 8 months ago. I was pretty hyped that it had finally found it's way back and how often do you get to play a round with a new person that you know has the right idea about the sport. Told him he could keep it after the phone call, but he insisted that he'd visit my course at some point and would just hold onto it.

So I'm driving, and I glance in the backseat for my grip, sure it was there, and there's nothing. I figure I had took it inside, a rarity, but it happens. Run back home, still nothing. Check all relatives houses, nothing. Figure I'll start checking pawn shops, but pretty sure that the thieves wouldn't even know what they had.

All 5 in store pawnshops come up with nothing, and I give up, just accepting the fate that the rest of my life is going pretty crappy right now, why wouldn't this happen?

January 20th I receive a phone call saying that the mans daughters were playing in the backyard and found a strange bag with a bunch of Frisbee type things in it with my number on them. I immediately got the address and jumped on my motorcycle ( 28 degrees that night, but the car was in the shop, so that was the only option I had) and rode get 3 miles up the road and grab my bag. Gave the guy 10 bucks, only cash I had on me, and asked him to enjoy the next round on me.

All in all, 23 discs, 8 tags, bug spray, lotion, towels, baseball, and nalgene all accounted for. Only thing they took was a 25$ blutooth speaker. Honestly the thing I cared least about.

TL : DR There's still nice people in this world and that makes me happy.

That's awesome that you got your bag back. I had someone return my wallet to me on the course yesterday. It fell out of my bag after I stuck it there waiting for my pants to dry from my fruitless attempt to find an errant throw in the creek. Made my day. He was a cool guy, wish I had some cash on me to repay him.

A heart wrenching read, but glad it worked out in the end.

I'm really glad you got your bag back. I guess I don't have to tell you, it's a simple task to just grab your bag and take it in to the house each night. Compared to the aggravation and loss of your best throwers, that probably took a lot of time to season in, it's much less likely it will be stolen from inside your house than it is from the backseat of your car parked at the curb on the street. I don't even leave my bag in the trunk, as I have one of those type of cars that's frequently stolen.

Glad you were able to get almost everything back. Just the other day I read a similar story on Reddit and decided to send the guy a few free discs. Figured I'd do what I could to restore some faith in humanity for him and get him back on the course chuckin plastic.:thmbup:

Glad you got it back at least!

I had a few stolen and it's not a good feeling.

Felt like telling some people what happened to me in the last couple of weeks. Saturday, January 12th I'm leaving for a 10am tee time with a random golfer at my home course that found a disc of mine at a course 3 hours west, that I lost at a different course 1 hour north 8 months ago. I was pretty hyped that it had finally found it's way back and how often do you get to play a round with a new person that you know has the right idea about the sport. Told him he could keep it after the phone call, but he insisted that he'd visit my course at some point and would just hold onto it.

So I'm driving, and I glance in the backseat for my grip, sure it was there, and there's nothing. I figure I had took it inside, a rarity, but it happens. Run back home, still nothing. Check all relatives houses, nothing. Figure I'll start checking pawn shops, but pretty sure that the thieves wouldn't even know what they had.

All 5 in store pawnshops come up with nothing, and I give up, just accepting the fate that the rest of my life is going pretty crappy right now, why wouldn't this happen?

January 20th I receive a phone call saying that the mans daughters were playing in the backyard and found a strange bag with a bunch of Frisbee type things in it with my number on them. I immediately got the address and jumped on my motorcycle ( 28 degrees that night, but the car was in the shop, so that was the only option I had) and rode get 3 miles up the road and grab my bag. Gave the guy 10 bucks, only cash I had on me, and asked him to enjoy the next round on me.

All in all, 23 discs, 8 tags, bug spray, lotion, towels, baseball, and nalgene all accounted for. Only thing they took was a 25$ blutooth speaker. Honestly the thing I cared least about.

TL : DR There's still nice people in this world and that makes me happy.
This is a very confusing post. Sounds like yahoo writer lol glad you got your discs back though!

It sounded to me like a homeowner found it in their backyard after whoever stole it threw it over their fence after they got done rifling through it. Then said homeowner called him off the phone #'s on his discs.

Pretty weird. Did the OP leave his car unlocked with his bag on the back seat? That's inviting trouble. I don't leave anything that could even remotely be considered of value not even pocket change anywhere visible in my car. It would be my luck that some a**hole bust out a window to steal $3.00 in pocket change out of my console. Then I'ld be out the cost of replacing the window as well as the $3. Glad the OP got his stuff (well all but the speakers) back.

The OP is saying someone stole his bag and chucked it into a random yard after they went through the pockets and took what they wanted. The owner of the random yard gave him a call and he was able to recover most of his possessions.

ihatepickles gets the reading comprehension sticker, and a high five. :hfive:

Sorry if the post was confusing. I leave things in my car all the time because I lock it religiously and don't have much to get stolen. The bag was found by the guys two young daughters in their backyard. Still no idea who took it. More than likely teenagers desperate enough to steal or somebody who needs the money more than me.

Glad to hear you got almost everything back. I think I would lock my car in the future if I were you.:thmbup:

Just like I give myself the pocket pat down before I leave anyplace to make sure that I have my wallet, keys and cell phone, I give my bag the look over to see if I have all my distance drivers, fairway drivers, mids and putters. But also don't forget what you brought with you if you make a change to your bag.

I think that's half the reason why I don't try out new discs too often. I've had the same lineup for almost a year now so when picking up the 23 discs in the field after a round, I've walked away from more than my share of new plastic just sitting there because I shoved it in my bag and didn't account for it.

Latest posts