• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stolen Discs Southern MN

Martin Dewgarita

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Stolen Discs!!! Albert Lea MN. Keep an eye out at all the usual suspects - craigslist, ebay, pawn shops, pias, etc.

Wednesday I was playing Oak Island with a few folks, three of us had our cars broken in to. On first glance through I didn't notice anything missing (I had probably 300 discs in there, most of them were still there). They took my Satellite Radio (Pioneer Inno 2), a CD player out of another truck, and a tablet from another car. And both mine and Amanda's back up bags of discs.

Several of hers were marked with her name and number 414.333.xxxx, she had several light weight discs, prodigy rx plastic - pa1, m1, m4, d3, f3 (not sure on the exact numbers, but you get the idea) 150 pfn green teebird, some rff wizards, yellow star lite mamba, and others.

Mine. Some were marked with just my name (possible that some still had my number or Martin Dewgarita written on them). Several destroyers, one chartuese cco from 2 years ago, one blue g* with 'homie' stamp, wiggins destroyer. Several roc3s - red cco from last year, camp pepin stamps, several teebirds, and sss wizards.

We filed a police report the day of, but did not include the discs yet (though I am about to).

I would turn into Liam Neeson from Taken if anyone took my golf bag.

Good luck man. My buddy got his tournament bag stolen at an airport terminal once, such a devastating loss. Keep an eye out on the facebook forums if you see any like it ask for picture of the back.

The part that made me cringe the most is the tragic loss of the Wiggins Destroyer...I hope they catch the perpetrator!

Martin, was your stuff in the trunk or in the cab area of your car/truck? Hope they catch them and you guys get it all back, really sucks getting vandalized and robbed.

Wow, I had thought of going on a bike/disc golf tour, and chaining my gear to my bike while I played....maybe not.

Sorry for your loss.

Martin, was your stuff in the trunk or in the cab area of your car/truck? Hope they catch them and you guys get it all back, really sucks getting vandalized and robbed.

The back up bags that were taken were sitting on the shelf in the back of a minivan. The discs that remained were in cedar boxes/trotter boxes/beer boxes behind the shelf, inside the hatch. They couldn't get the hatch open because it only opens with a key, it would have been possible though tricky to get them out.

I got a call yesterday from the Sheriff's office, they caught the MFer, they have his car which was full of many stolen items. I believe they have the prodigy tournament bag and maybe the other bag, and about a dozen discs. I won't be able to get in until next week to check them out. But that means he unloaded 50-60 discs somewhere.

I got a call yesterday from the Sheriff's office, they caught the MFer, they have his car which was full of many stolen items. I believe they have the prodigy tournament bag and maybe the other bag, and about a dozen discs. I won't be able to get in until next week to check them out. But that means he unloaded 50-60 discs somewhere.

Thats awesome they found him! Hope you get everything back!

:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

Hopefully that Wiggins Destro comes back to you! (And obviously all the gal's stuff. I'm sure most of us would be more concerned for our S.O. than our own goods)

Is there a Play it Again nearby? There was a guy where I used to live who would sell discs there. He didn't even play, but would hang out on the course looking for discs/stealing them to sell.

Is there a Play it Again nearby? There was a guy where I used to live who would sell discs there. He didn't even play, but would hang out on the course looking for discs/stealing them to sell.

The nearest one is about an hour away, in 3 different directions.

Great News!!!!
It would be nice if you got the guy's name, phone number and where he lives as well as a picture of him.
I would post it on every metro and local disc golfers facebook site.
I hope he contracts the worse case of tendonitis, back spasms and tennis elbow.

Latest posts