• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stolen Grip Bag and Disc's - Albuquerque

Bronze

Last night my Grip bag #1232 and all of its contents were stolen out of my car in front of my house in Albuquerque, NM. My name, A.J. Single is all over the disc's and pdga number - 45115. This is a major setback to say the least and heartbreaking as well. I will ask no questions for the return of my bag and discs, I just want it back. Please contact me if you have any info - 5054802430. This is really a sick feeling to be stolen from.

Word of advice, check local pawn shops in the nearby area, talk to players around the courses in your area (if you haven't done so already), and if you have pictures keep em handy. That really sucks about what happened and hopefully you can get at least some of your stuff back.

Sorry to hear about your loss. No-one likes a thief.... including thieves.

This is why I always take anything of value out of my vehicle when I turn in for the night, and then make sure it's locked. That or either use an old blanket to cover up anything of value left visible through any windows. Out of sight; out of mind.

I do hope you manage to get your possessions back.

Man, so sorry to hear that. I always leave my Grip sitting in the front seat of my truck, think I will have to head down to the parking lot and bring it inside tonight.

Sorry that your stuff got stolen. It can't be stressed enough that you should never leave anything of value in your car. Especially in plain sight.

I hope you get your stuff back.

Start checking your other local courses. I had my bag/discs stolen out of my car 2 yrs. ago. Next day I went to one of the near by courses and what do you know right when I pulled in I see a group with one guy with the same bag. He was arrested.

This happened to me Christmas eve... But in my case it was a whole string of cars broken into on our street. Making me believe they just grabbed whatever looked valuable, and probably just threw the discs out later not realizing what some of the OoP is worth. Was yours the only one? If so it seems they may have been after disc golf...

Also, if you need any help putting some plastic back in your game let me know... People were very generous to me and I would like to help out if I can.

Insurance?

most likely would only be covered under Home insurance. (whether its Renters or Homeowners) and the deductible would apply. and if there is OOP in there, that would be covered most likely at stock disc value. most Homeowners deductibles are $1000 and Renters are usually $500 or $1000.

not worth filing a claim IMO

sorry to hear this as well. i take my grip bag out of my car every night. i dont trust anyone anymore. the economy being bad and people out of work. that just sucks. hope you find it.

most likely would only be covered under Home insurance. (whether its Renters or Homeowners) and the deductible would apply. and if there is OOP in there, that would be covered most likely at stock disc value. most Homeowners deductibles are $1000 and Renters are usually $500 or $1000.

not worth filing a claim IMO

What if he had his discs stolen while at work? ;)

nope. Car insurance only covers items permanantly attached to the car. (Stereo, Tvs, Speakers,GPS etc) and you have to have Comprehensive coverage for those to be covered.

some states are different. but most likely his only avenue for a claim to be paid would be under Home/Renters insurance, which does extend to personal property in your vehicle.

Unless it's changed here in MN our Comprehensive covers things stolen in the vehicle. A friend of mine had his golf bag and clubs stolen. Ended up with a new set. So yeah that's why I'm confused. I assumed that was the common policy.

Unless it's changed here in MN our Comprehensive covers things stolen in the vehicle. A friend of mine had his golf bag and clubs stolen. Ended up with a new set. So yeah that's why I'm confused. I assumed that was the common policy.

could be a state insurance difference. but nonetheless. his Deductible for Comp would still apply. most carry $500. not worth it.

Latest posts