• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

STOLEN in Northern Michigan!!

Always leave my bag in the trunk out of sight. Why would anyone other than another DGer steal discs anyway? Can't sell them for much. Either they are using them or they're miserable punks that just took them because they could.

I got to talk to this guy last night. His car was broken into in his driveway. All that was taken were his discs and bag. I think it's someone that knows him.
I'm going to hook him up with some of my old plastic tomorrow.

if DISCS are the only thing taken out of the car, its either a prank or its someone that knows about the collections of discs n wants them for their own. There are some dumb criminals, but no way someone is risking being arrested over a bag of discs. IMO it's personal.

I don't know. If you could sell each disc for $10, plus the bag, you're looking at a decent hual from one car depending on how many discs he had. I wouldn't think he kept them for use just because of the risk of getting caught with them. Or if he was a junkie he could just take them to play it again and get $2 a disc and be fine with it.

I keep my discs on my front seat, but no longer. I park in my garage so I don't worry about them overnight, but if I'm out and about it would too easy to lose a few hundred bucks (probably more) that I would no way be able to replace for a long time. Thanks for the tip guys.

Maybe you could post pics of the bag and discs if he has them?

My truck was broken into a couple months ago, and when I first realized what had happened I was more worried about my discs than my stereo. "Luckily" they knew exactly what they wanted, because they took my 15" subwoofer and box and the amp that was screwed in under my seat, but not my discs, or even the few bucks of change or any of my CDs. I bet if they knew what else people keep in DG bags they may have taken it.

All thieves should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Where they go eat elf balls.

Not Smart

It is a lot of effort and risk to maybe get $250 for a bag full of discs. People are dumb.

You know you're addicted when ...

... somebody gets into your car and you're glad they didn't take the plastic instead of being glad they didn't take the whole car! :D

Or if he was a junkie he could just take them to play it again and get $2 a disc and be fine with it.

I was thinking that too, but a junkie would probably take anything of value. I'm going with the inside job theory, or maybe the guy was just an acehole and had it coming.

I was thinking that too, but a junkie would probably take anything of value. I'm going with the inside job theory, or maybe the guy was just an acehole and had it coming.

maybe there was nothing else of value in the car. It's not as if we as DGers are driving BMWs and such, most, if not all, of us are just normal people with average to below average cars. If that's the case and this junkie knew he could sell the discs no questions asked with the owner not coming back anytime soon because he's on the course, then this guy knew what he was doing.

I found out last night another car was broken into the same night and all their discs were stolen too. Sounds like we need to set a trap and catch some A**hole. Over $100 is a felony. So if anyone hears of discs with the name Andrew or Chelsie on them, spread the word they are stolen and please send me a PM I'd like to catch and turn them in.
I HATE THEIVES.

I found out last night another car was broken into the same night and all their discs were stolen too. Sounds like we need to set a trap and catch some A**hole. Over $100 is a felony. So if anyone hears of discs with the name Andrew or Chelsie on them, spread the word they are stolen and please send me a PM I'd like to catch and turn them in.
I HATE THEIVES.

All in the same area? Sounds like these guys are just asking to get caught.

Are these thefts happening on a DGC or at private homes? I'm thinking that if it's occurring in the course parking lots, somebody's hanging out watching for targets of opportunity. If it's at the houses, then somebody's following people home after they play, which means a lot more premeditation, planning, etc. - and possibly more than one person involved.

Sneaky MFers - why turn 'em in? Why not just use 'em for target practice?

Last edited:
dg is not even that big here and i see at least 2 cars a week with dg related stickers on them.

its just like putting rockford fosgate,JL audio, or pioneer stickers on your car if you have subwoofers or amps.

Private homes but not too far from a course. The homes were a couple streets away from each other. Someone knew what they were looking for.
I'd like to catch them, turn them in let them go thru the whoel police, court and jail system. It really doesn't matter what they stole. But it does kinda hit home since I always have discs in my car and I will be playing that course pretty often.

Thats terrible why would someone even think of doing that

He lives in Kalkaska, but I don't know where the actual break-in was.

Yes, they reported it.

That report could be interesting...

Officer: What was stolen?
Victim: My big disc golf bag. It was Fade Gear, black, and had lots of pockets.
Officer: What the hell is disc golf?

Victim engages in exasperated explanation.

Officer (slightly bewildered): Were there any discs in it?

Victim exhaustively describes the color, weight, mold and wear stage of each disc in the bag.

Officer (visibly bewildered): What was in the pockets?
Victim: Um...my papers, uh, papers....business papers.
Officer: What do you do for a living?
Victim: (pause) I'm unemployed.

But seriously, this story sucks. I choose to live in Northern MI in large part to mostly avoid such behavior. TC has its share of shady characters, but Kal-tuckey houses some real winners that would engage in this behavior.

Did your friend tag his discs in any special way I can look out for?

Latest posts