• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

stools

If you want a good three-legged stool that won't break the bank, Gander Mountain has some really nice ones in a variety of colors. I know it's not supporting disc golf companies per se, but saving some bread on a stool means you can spend more on plastic!

I bought this camping chair at Academy Sports and Outdoors for $10. It folds up, in one move, and hangs from a shoulder strap. It weights about 1 and 1/2 lbs and has a zipper pocket under the seat and can support up to 300lbs. I take these when I play tournaments ,and they work great. Had them for several years.

Yeah, but that one won't fit on my bag. I picked up one from Glide and they're solid. They're just nicer then the ones I've seen. A little taller, really solid build quality. If you're looking for a stool, pick this one up.

I bought this camping chair at Academy Sports and Outdoors for $10. It folds up, in one move, and hangs from a shoulder strap. It weights about 1 and 1/2 lbs and has a zipper pocket under the seat and can support up to 300lbs. I take these when I play tournaments ,and they work great. Had them for several years.

^Hard to beat for $10, looks pretty good. I was wondering...
can that zippered pouch hold, mebbe 15-16 discs?
If so is it possible to fold up discs in it?
No Academy Sports in my part of the country, and I couldn't find that chair on their website.

FYI: If anyone's looking for a tri-pod stool on the cheap, they have this for $6:
10207711.jpg

Camp time stool is a great stool. It weighs 1.5 lbs. The chairs listed above are heavy. The tripod from Academy weighs 1.8 lbs. But it feels a lot bulkier. The others above weigh 3-5 lbs.

rollstool-500x500_zpsa0a3c2cb.jpg

Camp time stool is a great stool. It weighs 1.5 lbs. The chairs listed above are heavy. The tripod from Academy weighs 1.8 lbs. But it feels a lot bulkier. The others above weigh 3-5 lbs.

rollstool-500x500_zpsa0a3c2cb.jpg

i used a cheap ($6) heavy steel stool for a while
but my bag just got so heavy after a while :thmbdown:
so i spent the extra $ (less than the cost of 2 premium plastic discs) and bought one from camptime
huge difference in weight, but i bought their mini backpacking stool
it is short enough that fits under my rain fly on my grip A series :thmbup:

Attachments

• stools.jpg
    stools.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 90
So dumb question here... What are the stools for? Just to take and use in between rounds at tournaments or is there something more going on here?

A lot of long courses that don't have benches are much more fun when you have a stool. :)

Okay, so we are talking just for a sit and a rest then?

I was trying to figure out if this was some kind of prop for putting, or the preferred height to put a bag on, etc. I could not for the life of me figure out the inside trick. I am not against sitting and resting, but I am glad there isn't some hidden agenda going on here :)

Okay, so we are talking just for a sit and a rest then?

I was trying to figure out if this was some kind of prop for putting, or the preferred height to put a bag on, etc. I could not for the life of me figure out the inside trick. I am not against sitting and resting, but I am glad there isn't some hidden agenda going on here :)

A lot of guys will put their bag on them, so they don't have to bend over so far.
They also work well for beating around in the wet bushes looking for lost discs
But mostly I use mine for sitting on.
A 2 round tourney day, can get pretty long, especially if there are back ups, at any tees.
I don't use mine often, but it sure is nice to have when needed.

www.walkstool.com
I saw people using these in Denmark earlier this year. They offer 2 options. Made in China or Swiss made. Two prices. Very high quality. Not cheap. With the telescoping legs I am able to put one inside my Grip bag. Makes travel on and off planes a little easier. Highly recommended. Friends are always stealing my seat!

www.walkstool.com
I saw people using these in Denmark earlier this year. They offer 2 options. Made in China or Swiss made. Two prices. Very high quality. Not cheap. With the telescoping legs I am able to put one inside my Grip bag. Makes travel on and off planes a little easier. Highly recommended. Friends are always stealing my seat!

I agree. I've had my walkstool for almost a year now and no complaints. I have the 65cm version so it sits a little higher for me. Also having the large rubber feet (just replaced them) means I don't sink into the mud unlike the guys with the camp time stools.

Definitely worth the extra money.

I agree. I've had my walkstool for almost a year now and no complaints. I have the 65cm version so it sits a little higher for me. Also having the large rubber feet (just replaced them) means I don't sink into the mud unlike the guys with the camp time stools.

Definitely worth the extra money.

I tend to agree. I also got the "base" which REALLY helps - you can sit in sand and not sink in.

www.walkstool.com
I've got the tallest Camp Time stool. I carry it deployed (I never fold it up) and often use it as a cane (crutch) to climb (and descend) steep inclines. I'm tempted to purchase the tallest (75 cm / 30 in) version of the WalkStool Comfort. I've read reviews that say the telescoping legs will, at times, extend unintentionally. That would not be a problem for me since, as I say above, I always carry my Camp Time stool deployed. My question is: would the opposite a problem? That is to say, do the telescoping legs unintentionally retract? This would be problem as I often use one leg of my deployed stool as a cane/crutch. Also, would the addition of the optional WalkStool Steady attachment hinder my using the stool as a cane/crutch? If the answer to both of these questions is no, I just might be in the market for a WalkStool Comfort 75 (thinking a taller stool would make for a better cane/crutch) with the Steady attachment. Any advice you might provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, David

I don't think you would have any problems with the legs sliding up. They have a button lock when deployed that has never slipped on me. In fact- the website has a video of several supporting a Volvo. The Steady attachment I can not vouch for. I have not tried it. The regular feet on the Walkstool are exceptional and I don't have need for more ground support.

I love my WalkStool.

The legs sometimes extend on their own because they're not locked into place. This makes for quick deployment (just pull them out, no need to detach anything or press a button). Once they're extended they'll lock into place and will not retract.

The only downside to the WalkStool is also a plus: the wider, bigger feet prevent them from sinking into soft ground, but it also makes it a little more difficult to stick into the side of a bag.