• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stories From 2011 High Plains Challenge

TalbotTrojan

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
This past weekend I played in the 2011 High Plains Challenge in Fort Morgan Colroado. I had fun but perhaps the most fun was following the top pro crad on their final round after completing my round earlier in the day. God Bless Tee Times.

So, there happened to be a large back up on one of the more interesting holes on the course. There were probably 5 groups waiting when the top card of Matt Orem, Greg Barsby, Dion Arlyn and Mitch Sonderfan got there. After waiting about ten minutes Matt got hungry, took some money from Greg Barsby and ran to McDonalds to get a McChicken Sandwiches for the both of them. He made it back just in time to eat half the sandwhich and tee off.

Also, never believe Greg Barsby when he tries to tell you how many aces he has. He hit one in the first round of the tournament and called it his 99th ace. When he chained out on another ace run int he final round he turned to the small crowd and said that would have been his 100th ace. Later in the round he admitted that he lost track a long time ago.

I should have went. :wall: I decided to do other stuff that turned out sour. :doh:

I should have gone too, I could have made it.. didn't even think about it, took myself out of tournament mode after Am Nats.

Sounds like a good time :)

Alright, sit back for another story time.

The Sunday Tee times were awesome because you could literally watch the pros for an entire round. They started everyones round on hole 8 so that everyone would finish with signature hole 7. Came into Sunday with Matty O one throw better than Barsby and they were battling back and forth all round. Matty O got back up by 1 and Barsby was trying to make a push. On hole three Matty layed up nicely and Greg went for a little more and looked really close to the OB line by the water between the hole and the tee. A photographer that was over there initally gave the safe sign to Barsby but when he got up there he was clearly beyond the painted line. Not only that but he went OB in a spot that did not give him a clear shot to the basket which was around 100' out. Barsby got really pissed becuase it was going to be what caused him to loose the tournament. Mitch Sonderfan even made a comment to me and one other person (the other person questioning why he would be so upset) and said something to the effect that he just lost his chance to win the tournament. Matty O put his upshot right up near the basket and then Greg stepped up and straddled as far as he could to get to the opening and threw a nice anny shot that somehow caught the far right side chain and stuck. Mitch turned to the two of us and said, "I take back everything I just said." Greg was pretty stinking happy and I went to take a look at his lie and line and honestly I am not sure how he even got as close as he did. Over the water threw a gap with a tough stance. Thus hence Barsby's comment to me on the way to the next tee of that being pretty ridiculous. Unfortunately for Greg he got some crazy skips on the last three holes and ended up OB on all of those holes as well, thus costing him the tournament.

You guys know who was filiming on hole 6#? would love to see my circle 3 that was supposedly caught on film from about 200' out, but don't know the guy.

Latest posts