• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Storm disc golf?

ReeseDG

I've been seeing this brand called Storm disc golf and wanted to know what people thought,
Is the plastic good/ what kind of plastic do they have, what is the line up for the discs etc.

Let's just say their website is confusing

What I can say about them is that they're discs are manufactured by Gateway and their plastic blends are variations of gateway blends (or a mix of them etc). Infinite discs has a list of all of their molds I think.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

I've only throw the Meteorite, but it's pretty good. A little cartoony type stamp but good performance. Sort of like a Wraith in flight.

I've only throw the Meteorite, but it's pretty good. A little cartoony type stamp but good performance. Sort of like a Wraith in flight.
I haven't heard they have a mold called the meteorite. Isn't meteorite part of a Chinese made disc golf brand?

I haven't heard they have a mold called the meteorite. Isn't meteorite part of a Chinese made disc golf brand?

Yeah your right. I got storm and galaxy mixed up because their stamps are similar.

Yeah your right. I got storm and galaxy mixed up because their stamps are similar.
No biggie. How did it fly actually? Always kinda thought those are more towards not so serious disc golfers.

No biggie. How did it fly actually? Always kinda thought those are more towards not so serious disc golfers.

I thought it was a well. Got it in one of the Infinite budget boxes and was incredibly impressed. Thought it would be flippy trash marketed to people who don't know better but they actually made a darn good driver.

I birdied a 390ft hole with an uphill at the end I don't always reach. I've considered buying some premium ones and wiping the stamp.

That only Storm I'm into are my OOP Disccraft 150 Z-Storms

Storm is an umbrella company of Gateway. They have a handful of molds but I haven't tried them all yet...

My favorite was the Abyss. It flies like a longer Teebird for me. Super straight for most of the flight with a small predictable fade at the end. Very controllable straight out of the box.

I also like the Crater (formerly the Gateway War Spear). It's an overstable putt-and-approach that wants to find the ground as soon as it's put in the air. It has enough fade to throw small flex shots, forehand approaches, and fight the wind.

The Eye is another gem. Perhaps the straightest midrange I've thrown similar to a Mako3. Tons of glide and zero turn or fade. Very useful for tunnel shots and turnovers.

The Radar is the only other one I've tossed and it was like a straighter Wizard. It has a domey top and a beaded bottom. Lots of glide for a putter which would make a good candidate for longer putts and shorter approaches.

I think the Crater could be a great mold for a lot of players. The Crater has a really high resistance to turn, low glide and a decent fade.
In my opinion the thumbtrack on the Crater is in a more natural position than the Innova thumbtrack

Latest posts