• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Straight (neutral) Drivers

Do you release the disc flat always? Almost always flat but occasional hyzer because understable mold? Constant anhyzer because torque monkey forehand? Straight because flat and want little fade? Straight because hyzerflip and no fade? Do you max at 320' or 380' or 440'? Are the distances I just listed ACTUAL distances or do you (knowingly or not) lie on the internet?

Assuming you are throwing full power, how far you can throw is an important piece of info. I use a Gold Line Saint or Undertaker for straight drives. Those above the noodle arm status would likely find these discs flippy when thrown with more speed.

Find a slightly overstable disc you like.

Buy it in lighter weight (or different plastic, G-star is less overstable than champion plastic for example) till you have one that flies straight.

What i use for straight shots is either a Leopard (fairway driver) or a G-line 169g PD.

Right now the Mantis and Undertaker are my go to drivers and fly pretty darn straight for me. Of course, the mantis needs a little hyzer flip to get that flight but it's good at locking onto a line IMO. The undertaker can take more power and is my main control driver.

Other discs that are pretty straight (assuming average 330-350' throws) Stalker, FD, dx Teebird, M JLS,

Dead straight drivers don't really exist. Learn how to hyzer flip an understable disc is my suggestion

Hey y'all,

Dead straight flyers are my bread n' butter. Aviars, Makos, Warships...

So I'm looking for the most dead nuts straight drivers, both distance and fairway. Very neutral flight with little to no fade. Whatcha all recommend!?

If you're throwing flat and need a straight flying fairway driver right out of the box, check out an Innova TL or Discraft XL.

I've had two TLs in star plastic, recently bought another in champion, and an XL in ESP.

According to some reviewers on Infinite, the TL flies like a beat in Teebird. In case you didn't know, the TL is Teebird Longer or Teebird Less-overstable, according to the Innova site.

My XL was pretty much the same as my TL and both could be used interchangeably. Both were sweet.

If you check out an XL, the stamped flight stability rating changes with different plastic types. Just an FYI.

Sorry, I like to throw them flat and straight. Maybe a touch of angle either way, but predominantly flat. Think I'll try a TL and the JLS.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Since you throw a Mako, I'm assuming you want something close to 0 Turn, 0 Fade.

If that is the case, then Star TL is the closest I'm my mind.

Otherwise FD or JLS.

As far as distance drivers, maybe a Sword or P-DD?

Aside from other recommendations, why not Legacy's Phenom? Apparently (only read, haven't thrown it), it's straight with little to no fade. If you want straight to fade, then Rival (which I bag) is great. You can beat the fade out of it and have a straight to no fade shot.

Last edited:
I echo those who've mentioned the Star TL. I have one in my bag from the pre-flight number era that has always been a nice straight fairway driver and continues to be.

Another vote for the TL, especially a fresh Star TL.

As others above said, there is truly no perfectly straight high speed distance driver. Having said that, you might try a Krait. It's pretty darn straight and then dump fades. It might do for you.

Last edited:
Stalkers are Super straight. Craves are really close, especially at lighter weights.

I think the boatman is a great straight distance driver. But every disc is going to fade, for me I love pro destroyers for high power shots that go straight for days then fade a little at the end. Also an orc is a great straight slower driver aswell.

imo you cant go past speed 9 and have "no fade"

I agree. The faster a disc is, the more fade it'll have at the end of flight. Even flippy things like Nuke SSs and Bolts will hook hard when they slow down.

I still assert that the Heat is the straightest thing I've thrown. Even it has a touch of late fade though.

Even most mids will have at least a slight fade as they slow down.