• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Straight shot through woods

Most likely an Axis or Anode. The axis if there's a lower ceiling, and the Anode if I have a little more height to work with. I also like to forehand a beat TeeRex or Opto river. There's something to be said about staring straight at your line through the whole throw Forehand when tunnels are concerned.

Tight Lines require a ...

TL. Nice and straight, doesn't need a lot of height, and a slight fade at the end. ...parked under the basket:rolleyes:...

Fuse or Core depending on the wind. Or a thumber if the ceiling is high enough.

I would suggest learning to hyzer flip something slow and flippy on a finesse shot... A disc traveling slower won't usually kick as far IF you hit a tree and I think if you find something that isn't too touchy for you that you could get it dialed in and hit that line pretty easily.
Depending on how tight the line was, (assuming super tight) I would use my mid 160s champ stingray at about 2/3 power on a super tight hyzer flip or maybe a beat Z buzzz if I was feeling confident with them that day but my stingray tends to sit still a little better when I hit a tree and is easier to power down. On the shorter (250') foot end of that, I would use a beat up putter and just flip it down the gut.
Just use whatever you have the best control with and confidence in. I would highly suggest throwing the slowest disc that can get you there on a dead straigh shot through the woods unless you are playing the skip or can afford a little more room to work. If you can putt within 20', you only need to throw 230' control shot to birdie a 250' hole and one bad tree kick for that extra 20' or so will almost always add at least a stroke.

If a little late fade won't hurt me I'm ripping a roc right at it. If it desperately needs to stay straight I'll throw my comet at it nice and smooth.

Latest posts