• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Straighter Trident?

pnasalberta

Eagle Member
I love my tridents. I have 2 in my bag a stable one and a super stable one. I was wondering if there was something that flew like a trident except straighter. What i mean by that is something that has about the same rim and it is straight with no glide. I was looking at the new circle stamp Gazelles. Is there another disc that might also work of work better?

Gazelles have a ton of glide in my experiences. I would just keep beating in your Tridents. I had a pretty straight Trident that I lost :(

Beat the crap out of a lower weight Opto Trident...

That's what worked for me, it's now straight with a nice fade finish...and usually a skip forward

Glideless and straight? Seems like an oxymoron. You'll almost have to throw a slight flex on an os disc. How far do you throw? how far does it need to go straight? Is this for up shots?

A tensor is usable os, and with good snap its straight for a long time before the fade. I'd try to throw a baby flex on a stalker for what you're describing.

Tracker. It always seemed like a less overstable Trident to me. If you want very little glide, the Tracker's a great disc. Th one I have is 175 ESP. I'm sure the Z version is slightly more overstable, but not by much.

Glideless and straight? Seems like an oxymoron. You'll almost have to throw a slight flex on an os disc. How far do you throw? how far does it need to go straight? Is this for up shots?

A tensor is usable os, and with good snap its straight for a long time before the fade. I'd try to throw a baby flex on a stalker for what you're describing.

With destroyers on the course i can get 450 regularly. I was looking for something i can rip into and have it go roughly 370. I want something that goes straight as long as possible before it fades.

Try a Jokeri. In premium plastic, it's glideless and straight. It also absolutely kills wind. It's a tweener between a putter and a mid. It also has a straight, more forward penetrating fade than the Trident. In Basic plastic it has more glide and the fade can be beaten out in no time still retaining its HSS.

I got a circle stamp cheetah that is exactly what i want. I threw it so much today it is money and a half. I also got 2 circle stamp gazelles that i will also try out. The circle stamp cheetahs are so straight and then they fall out of the sky like tridents just they dont fade nearly as much.

Tridents take forever to beat straight but they are magical once they get there. I would suggest trying a DD Verdict. They start out as a bit of a meat hook but give it a little beating and it flies exactly like what I was trying to beat a Trident into...straight with a solid 2-3 fade instead of the 5 fade the Trident has.

Latest posts