• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Strained tricep

mlihlen

I strained my right tricep out on the course yesterday and today it is pretty sore.

It happened when I tried a backhanded over the shoulder roller which was pretty stupid since I've never practiced that move before. Anyway I felt the muscle twinge a little.

Have any of you ever done this and how long were you down before you could start throwing again?

Thanks.

I have not strained a tricep, however, I have strained my bicep. I suggest a few days off from throwing. If your arm swells, apply ice.
Good luck!

Thanks, yeah I figure I'll rest it for a week and try some light throws to see how it feels. I'm used to playing every day so I am going through withdrawals right now. lol

Depends on the severity so results will vary. I recently strained my tricep and was throwing 3 days later. It was a little tight at first, but I made sure to warm up and stretch and gradually throw harder. Stretch afterward and it was fine.

Depends on the severity so results will vary. I recently strained my tricep and was throwing 3 days later. It was a little tight at first, but I made sure to warm up and stretch and gradually throw harder. Stretch afterward and it was fine.

I don't think it is too severe. Some rest and ice are in order and I'm hoping it's a three dayer like yours. :)

Latest posts