• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Straitest Premium driver out of the box

From the OPs replies I would also recommend a TL. There's a Star TL, a Champ TL, and a Champ TL+. Those are essentially like a slightly beat TeeBird right out of the box and they stay that way for quite a while.

Discraft ESP XL with a flat dome. SUPER straight

Video or it didn't happen.
This IS the internet after all.....

In all honesty I have 0 pride wrapped up in claiming a throw on the internet, merely stating it for accurate recommendations for discs so feel free to assume it didn't happen :p

Obviously, straight is relative. Ask 50 people and you'll get 35 different answers. For the most part it's how you throw not what you throw.

Also, has a lot to do with what elevation you are throwing at. At sea level a TL will be a bit flippy, but gets more stable as elevation increases.

Looking for straiter than the leopard and could be faster

I CAN make my leopard fly strait but for narrow shots with low ceilings it is not strait enough under full power to get the distance I need for some holes

The way I read this, you're getting too much fade out of your Leopard, not turning it over, right?

If you can't make a Leopard fly straight, I don't think you want to go faster. A faster disc is just going to be harder to keep from tailing off.

I'd go with a Buzzz. Super straight and easy to control for noodle arms like us. Maybe a Star TL. Pretty similar to a Leopard, possibly a little longer, although it is a little faster.

The way I read this, you're getting too much fade out of your Leopard, not turning it over, right?

If you can't make a Leopard fly straight, I don't think you want to go faster. A faster disc is just going to be harder to keep from tailing off.

I'd go with a Buzzz. Super straight and easy to control for noodle arms like us. Maybe a Star TL. Pretty similar to a Leopard, possibly a little longer, although it is a little faster.

I certainly do appreciate the advice, but I don't really think i would classify anything close to a noodle arm :confused:

I certainly do appreciate the advice, but I don't really think i would classify anything close to a noodle arm :confused:

I think he is just trying to say that if a Leopard has too much fade for you, you don't want to be going to a faster disc. As you go up in speed, discs will have more fade.

well, unless you're the 1%, I have to say either your form is flawed or your distance estimations are. Being able to throw a leopard 400, but not being able to keep it straight enough is the questionable part. I think anyone who truly can throw 400, can laser almost any fairway driver a solid 350, 5 ft high. Perhaps a video is the way you'll figure it out

Without completely detailing the thread, a stalker is a very straight disc to about 350 or so. If I was looking for a 400' line drive, I'd throw a slightly beat star teerex

I can't throw stuff 400 feet unless its downhill though. But I just recently started getting birdies once in a while on some tunnel shot holes that used to be pars at best, mostly thanks to the Volt.

In all honesty I have 0 pride wrapped up in claiming a throw on the internet, merely stating it for accurate recommendations for discs so feel free to assume it didn't happen :p

Don't lie fella, you've got some pride about the guns that were mistakenly called noodles, lol. Maybe you can bomb 400'+, I don't know, but I like watching people throw really far!.....I also want to see you flipping your new DX beast 100' into the throw; I didn't forget about that other thread....you don't have or know anyone that has a video camera or smartphone? In 2013?

Also, take some time off from pumping the iron and dedicate some time to grammar and vocabulary.....your thread titles will thank you later.

Straight- (comparative straighter, superlative straightest)
Not crooked or bent; having a constant direction throughout its length.

Strait-(geography) A narrow channel of water connecting two larger bodies of water.
A difficult position (often used in plural)
'To be in dire straits'

I am really fine with the speculation on my power, comes with forums, but let's just say for arguments sake ( whether you believe it or not) that I do have that much power and base disc recommendations off of that.

I also want to see you flipping your new DX beast 100' into the throw; I didn't forget about that other thread....

Ah, now it makes sense. You're right, this is the same OP.

Daubers, stop worrying about how far you can throw discs.

Acc. U. Ra. Cy. That's what matters my friend.

Volt...even most neutral drivers start out a little too overstable in premium for pure and straight shots.

Don't lie fella, you've got some pride about the guns that were mistakenly called noodles, lol. Maybe you can bomb 400'+, I don't know, but I like watching people throw really far!.....I also want to see you flipping your new DX beast 100' into the throw; I didn't forget about that other thread....you don't have or know anyone that has a video camera or smartphone? In 2013?

Also, take some time off from pumping the iron and dedicate some time to grammar and vocabulary.....your thread titles will thank you later.

Straight- (comparative straighter, superlative straightest)
Not crooked or bent; having a constant direction throughout its length.

Strait-(geography) A narrow channel of water connecting two larger bodies of water.
A difficult position (often used in plural)
'To be in dire straits'
it is people like you that keep new members from coming back to forums. if I did not
already know how many great and knowledgeable people were on here and willing to genuinely help then I certainly would not be back.

and if my auto correct has insulted you to the point of not being willing to help a new person to the sport then please feel free to refrain from posting in my threads. Thanks

Latest posts