• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Strangest Thing You Have Seen On The Disc Golf Course II

Midnightbiker

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Since I can't reply to the old one, here is a new thread about the strange things we have seen on the course:

Saw this at Taylor Lake Village a while back when they were repaving the park road. Thought this was an interesting sight to see:

Weirdest thing I've seen recently is a nun walking through the disc golf course. That or these hipsters that decided they were going to make disc golf classy and played Highbridge Park in Spokane in tuxedo's accompanied with brandy glasses and brandy to back it up.

I once saw a couple playing on bicycles. They would park their bikes , make their shot, and then get on the bikes, and ride to the next shot.

Sunset Park in Las Vegas- There are bums lying around everywhere. Thats not the strange part. When the police come and sweep the park, a lot of the bums stagger to their feet and start throwing discs around. I guess the cops cant kick them out if they are throwing discs?

Sunset Park in Las Vegas- There are bums lying around everywhere. Thats not the strange part. When the police come and sweep the park, a lot of the bums stagger to their feet and start throwing discs around. I guess the cops cant kick them out if they are throwing discs?

This is one of the best ones of both threads total...jump right up and start throwing discs...beautiful!

I found this happy lil fella on the 2nd fairway at Lower Cato Falls earlier this summer. My guess is too many rufees.

944286_10151569709059140_799255536_n.jpg

I once saw a couple playing on bicycles. They would park their bikes , make their shot, and then get on the bikes, and ride to the next shot.
I have seen kids riding their bikes against the flow of the course and we watched them just mosey along the fairway and past us without any acknowledgement that they were doing something completely stupid. Watch out, there are people on the hole behind us!

Also we have seen what looked like "couples" hugging, kissing, holding hands and walking through the course (but not playing disc golf). We were under the assumption that they were having anonymous sex in the woods, but that's just a guess. It was really weird because they weren't the kind of people who frequent disc golf courses.

^^^That picture of the raccoon is both hilarious and awful!

Is the raccoon dead?

Definitely the creepiest thing I've seen is all the old dudes hanging out in their cars looking for gay sex from strangers. To clarify, one of the courses in the area has become a hotspot for old gay hookups. Now, I have nothing against gay sex, but the disc golf course isn't the place.

Before they cleaned up and redesigned Lakewood hills in white bear lake MN there used to be wood tipi's and lean-to's built in the woods. Shanked my disc near one the structures and found a two high schoolers getting busy.

Also when I played Hansen park in MN a number of years ago I saw what I presumed to be a gang fight start out and end up out on the course.

Definitely the creepiest thing I've seen is all the old dudes hanging out in their cars looking for gay sex from strangers. To clarify, one of the courses in the area has become a hotspot for old gay hookups.

I played at a course in South Texas that was "the spot" for this. I wasn't really aware of it until I walked into the bathroom one morning and surprised a nice older couple. Same cars and same guys hanging around the parking lot every morning.

Bummer was that the city would occasionally lock the restrooms. You just never knew when...

Rum Village has its share of cruisers....cree-py.

But by far the strangest thing I've ever seen out on the course was at France Park. Discflinger and I were in the wooded section and what looked like a young couple was catching up to us slowly. Eventually, 'flinger and I stopped at one of the teepads to let them play through. They finished up the hole behind us, and stood around at the basket (not putting or anything...just waiting for us).

I yelled back that they could play through. They looked uncomfortable, and at that point I realized it wasn't a couple (at least, not man and woman) but two guys, one of which was in a long dress.

They hemmed and hawed, but we weren't going anywhere so they walked past with a hurried "thanks," skipped the next hole and continued their round.

My guess is the guy lost a bet or something...they seemed really uncomfortable. :D :D

Last edited:
Well, I don't think an open fairway is a regular siesta spot for raccoons in our area. I still laugh every time I see that picture...

If only he drank a better beer, the poor fella might still be with us. :D

Had a homeless man sleeping on a tee pad in the middle of the day. We had to throw from the side of the tee. He never woke up lol.

Last time I was at Acorn Park in Roseville, MN there was a baby stroller and car seat abandoned in the woods by Hole 1. Creeped me and the others in my group out for sure.

On hole 2 at Morningside Park, there is a mattress and blankets up in the woods to the left of the teepad. Never seen anyone sleeping there or sitting anywhere near it, but every time I have to go up there looking for a disc, there is new trash (bottles, wrappers, etc.).

there is a barred owl at a local course and once in a while at dusk the couple scare the crap out of me. They had chicks one year too. that was so cool, but they still managed to scare me that night too.