• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Strangest Thing You Have Seen On The Disc Golf Course II

Same here. I didn't know posting about drugs was against the rules btw. My bad.

I'm no advocate for weed but I do enjoy it in the same way others enjoy a beer.
I felt like it was a necessary part of the story. Definitively "enhanced" the hilarity and... Shock / disgust factor!1

There used to be an old out house style bathroom on the original Hudson Mills course. I don't think I ever saw anyone use it. I wonder if its still there?:confused:

Was it in the stretch of holes around 4, A and B? I think there's still a restroom over there. I've never been in it, so I can't verify that it's still a pit toilet. I'm pretty sure the one by Monster 8 is, though.

Sharing parks with the general public is bound to yield quite a few odd stories. But, something about today just made the crazies come out. We were playing in a city park, so that probably has something to do with it. But, we witnessed all of these things within the time it took to play a round of 18 today

- Mid-Evil Times: There were a group of 15-20 people that were all dressed up in Mid-evil times garb and re-inacting some battle with full on (fake) swords, shields and other weapons from that era.
- Drag Racing: People drag racing their Mustangs, Mazda 3's, Neons, etc through the park. This wouldn't be a big deal, but as I said it is a city park and all streets are 1-way, single lane and the cars racing were definitely not "race cars"
- Hula-Hoops: There is apparently a local hula-hoop club that was meeting in the park today. They all had their hula-hoops and hula-hooping around the park as a group.
- Car Club Fight: There is a parking lot that runs along Holes 4 & 5. While we were playing, we witnessed the beginnings of a fight between the aforementioned "racers" and another car club that was meeting the park.
- Sexy Times: A young couple was about as close as you can get to having sex between 2 holes (on the course, not those holes). Mind you, we're playing in the middle of the day in a crowded park on a 70 degree day in November.
- Slack-Liners: Slack Lining isn't all that odd, but I never really see it here. It was pretty cool to see such a large group of people doing it. If you don't know what a slack line is, Click HERE

Anyway, as you can imagine, it was an interesting round, to say the least.

If only he drank a better beer, the poor fella might still be with us. :D

"A better beer" haha:popcorn:
The weirdest thing to ever happen to me was another disc golfer and his dog. The dog came up and aggressively started barking at us catching our attention until the owner showed up soon and let him continue until I asked them to just play through to avoid an awkward moment. Guy and his Little dog were super intense. :confused:
I bet there are some good dog or animal stories if I read further down this thread. And I once found a rabbits hinds quarter on the course. A lucky rabbits leg almost. Nasty victim to a predator? But meat was just exposed kind of on an open area of the course which seemed strange considering I would expect an animal to eat it's prey more privately? Pretty much looked like an animal couldn't do that. Or it was a gnarly pack or large wolf, but not likely in that spot next to homes?

Was it in the stretch of holes around 4, A and B? I think there's still a restroom over there. I've never been in it, so I can't verify that it's still a pit toilet. I'm pretty sure the one by Monster 8 is, though.

I don't think it is there anymore. Pretty sure the wife would use it back in the day. It was on hole 8 original. I think they removed it, when they put a portajohn between 6 and 7,

Played the course at Rice University yesterday, and I was standing near the #4 basket, I saw this about 50ft away, in the bushes:

Pretty sure that is a beehive and a smoke pit next to it?

Also the Owls are nut's and spooky. They mess with you if they don't want you near their nests. Got swooped on by one at a regular park. Came really close and parked himself distantly somewhere else I could see him. Wouldn't let me get close so couldn't get a look.
Played my local with a couple dudes and a dog. The dog spooked it out of a tree and it stayed a lot closer and let us look at him until we moved to next hole. They are rad with intense eyes. So big too. Like could have taken his small dog big.

Getting ready to throw on Hole 14 at Creekside in Archdale when I suddenly notice, about 15 feet in front me, a 40-ish looking couple making out like they were 13 again. They looked at me.....I looked at them....threw nervously....and then moseyed on down the left side of the fairway about 50 yards to retrieve my crappy drive.

Never had to use either of 'em, pretty sure both are pits... both still there.

There used to be an old out house style bathroom on the original Hudson Mills course. I don't think I ever saw anyone use it. I wonder if its still there?:confused:

The one on #8 original was removed a few years ago, ruining our tradition of a closest to the outhouse award at No Foolin'. It has been replaced by a standard portapoop on a nearby hole.

Awhile back i was in san diego on a business trip. Naturally i made my way to morley field. Morley is always crowded and i milled about the first tee looking for a group or individual to throw with as chucking alone is at best frustrating on a packed course. A young woman 30? (Young to me) asked if i wanted to play together. I was good with it as i was looking for a slower pace and btw she was attractive. After the 1st hole she looks at me and asks 'would you mind if i got more comfortable' as she peels off her shirt and gets down to a sports bra. Apparently she never got refused on that offer. Made for an interesting round although i have no recollection of how i played.

strangest or best thing that ive seen was a dog trained to hole out gimme puts.

a guy was playing solo in front of us. on an open hole, his drive landed about ten feet from the pin. he immediately started walking toward the next hole. the dog went for the disc at which point i assumed he would return it to the man. nope. the dog picked up the disc, went to the basket and dropped it in. then took it out and bounded off after the owner.

a guy was playing solo in front of us. on an open hole, his drive landed about ten feet from the pin. he immediately started walking toward the next hole. the dog went for the disc at which point i assumed he would return it to the man. nope. the dog picked up the disc, went to the basket and dropped it in. then took it out and bounded off after the owner.

That's amazing! I've seen dogs that are great at finding discs, but that's impressive.

That would be hoov. The dogs name escapes me at this point.

can anyone manage to get some vid of this dog doing it? id like to see
I havn't seen Hoover down here at the beach in a while. but if i do i will get some video for sure. Haze has a bag he wears and carries todd's discs for him as well. Todd has got it made with that dog.

It's a toss-up

A family 'swimming' in the creek at North Asheboro...guess the pool there had reached capacity or they didn't have entry money....or the little teeny- bopper, hotsie-totsie sitting in the middle of Cedarock #17's fairway, wearing Daisy Dukes and a skimpy little bare midriff tee shirt that read, "Boyfriend!? What Boyfriend?!" Wish I had pics of either.

Saw this tread and had to post this one, happened to me today -

Latest posts