• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Strangest Thing You Have Seen On The Disc Golf Course II

Awhile back i was in san diego on a business trip. Naturally i made my way to morley field. Morley is always crowded and i milled about the first tee looking for a group or individual to throw with as chucking alone is at best frustrating on a packed course. A young woman 30? (Young to me) asked if i wanted to play together. I was good with it as i was looking for a slower pace and btw she was attractive. After the 1st hole she looks at me and asks 'would you mind if i got more comfortable' as she peels off her shirt and gets down to a sports bra. Apparently she never got refused on that offer. Made for an interesting round although i have no recollection of how i played.

Did you get her number?

At my old home course, there used to be Banana Spiders everywhere. I mean, sometimes you would see them every 20ft or so on the course. Here is a pic I took a few years ago out there

Was playing Timber Lane, my home course, and I ran across this about 20ft from the basket, on hole #2. I think its a dog skull

I've seen some things in my day, here are a few i can remember

- Kids swimming in a run off creek at West Park in Joliet, Il(creek smells like a combo of feet and eggs)
- Dead hawk right off the pin at The Oaks in Mokena,IL
-Girls smoking a hooka in the middle of the fairway
- Ive found some bags of some illegal things
- Kids playing with devil sticks in the middle of the woods at Highland in Joliet, Il
- 2 different hobo shacks right off the fairway at Summit in IL

At my old home course, there used to be Banana Spiders everywhere. I mean, sometimes you would see them every 20ft or so on the course. Here is a pic I took a few years ago out there

Another reason not to go to Texas.

Me and a few buddies were playing The hills part of the Live Oak course in Texas about two years ago or so. It was just a regular round for most of the way through, but when we made it to the part of the course on the school property, We saw two biker-ish looking dudes standing next to a decent looking blonde, acting all suspicious. They gave us a few glances and we went along playing. After we completed a hole or so, one of my buddies noticed that the girl had stripped off her top layer of clothes to reveal a very skimpy bathing suit. Apparently they were doing a photo shoot or something. either way, they stayed out there until we finished that part of the course, and needless to say all our scores tanked because of the distraction. I wont complain though, it was a good show while it lasted.:popcorn:

I was playing Jenkins Park in Baytown, Tx, and on the hole 16 tee sign, a bird made a one in a million shot

Sunday morning at Hiestand Park a few years back. I'm warming up while a twosome tees off. The second guy aces. He goes nuts.....rips his clothes off down to his jockeys and then does 6 or 8 cartwheels. Good times.

Last spring I'm throwing at a local course named Deerwood park, aptly named due to regular deer sightings. We're teeing on #10 which is on the edge of the woods, open field straight ahead and a softball diamond to the right. A rustling noise from behind alerts us to a deer haulin ass out of the woods into the open space. "I don't think he knows about the outfield fence" says someone in my group, and sure enough that poor dude ran head first at full speed into the outfield fence. I didn't know a chainlink fence could be dented, but apparently they can. The deer, I'm afraid, was mortally wounded and I had to call dnr to come out and put it down.

I just thought of this because I ran into a couple of my younger cousins over the weekend who are in sororities at college. There use to be a guy that I did not know that appeared to be in his late 20's a few years ago that wore KD, ADP or Tri Delta shirts from like Mountain Weekend or other parties when I saw him playing. I always found it strange because my wife was a KD in college but she has nothing reflecting it other than pics from parties.

Sunday morning at Hiestand Park a few years back. I'm warming up while a twosome tees off. The second guy aces. He goes nuts.....rips his clothes off down to his jockeys and then does 6 or 8 cartwheels. Good times.

I won't like, that would have freaked me out.... lol

At Shawshank the whole course is prison themed, because of all the prisons in the area. This is hole 15, I think the hardest hole on the course:

A couple months back, I was hosting my first ace race. Everyone had just arrived and I started to hand out player packs. Just then a hot air balloon started lowering directly onto the course. It's a pretty small course so having a hot air balloon on it is quite noticeable. Thankfully the balloon guys had a crew following them so they got them out of there quick. Just an odd way to start my first ace race!

A couple months back, I was hosting my first ace race. Everyone had just arrived and I started to hand out player packs. Just then a hot air balloon started lowering directly onto the course. It's a pretty small course so having a hot air balloon on it is quite noticeable. Thankfully the balloon guys had a crew following them so they got them out of there quick. Just an odd way to start my first ace race!

Man, that is wild.

The weirdest thing I've seen is a deer coming out right near me and almost smiling at me. Then he went back into the woods and started chasing a different deer. I've also seen a flying man on a bicycle :confused:.