• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Strangest Thing You Have Seen On The Disc Golf Course II

Playing Murdock Park. It's a city park course in Lafayette, IN. Hole 3 is along a road. I'm about to tee off when I hear a "Clop clop, clop clop, clop clop" from the road. I stop my run-up, turn, and see a deer running down the middle of the road. Hooves don't give deer the best traction on asphalt though, cause the poor gal skidded out. She just got back up and kept on running. Best part of the story? She was running right towards the center of town.

I've seen all the old dudes hanging out in their cars looking for gay sex from strangers. To clarify, one of the courses in the area has become a hotspot for old gay hookups. Now, I have nothing against gay sex, but the disc golf course isn't the place.

Rotary park in WV, as I would drive to the too into the parking lot men that were parked along the road would follow me into the lot and just look, then repark.

oDW0Iyp.jpg
[/IMG]

Road spikes growing on a tree. I found a few on the ground. They slice right through shoes.

^^^Watch out for those. Some are hollow, and if you get one embedded in your foot, they can break off and require surgery to remove. Happened to my wife in our back yard once years ago. :(

I saw a girl fight once when I was playing a course in Kentucky. Needless to say the girls scattered by the time the police department answered their phone, lol.

Wow I'm glad those things don't grow in Colorado!

Honey Locust, They grow throughout the U.S. (Colorado too) The thorns are believed to be an adaptation so larger animals can't climb up to eat the seeds that grow in those long bean like pods... Can't imagine they're good for discs either!

Sunset Park in Las Vegas- There are bums lying around everywhere. Thats not the strange part. When the police come and sweep the park, a lot of the bums stagger to their feet and start throwing discs around. I guess the cops cant kick them out if they are throwing discs?

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

OMG!!!That's FUNNY!!!!

I'd never remembered ever seeing a honey locust tree in my 56 yrs living in various parts of Tennessee. When I took up disc golf 4 yrs ago, I've seen them on ~80% of the courses I've played in 15 states. Every course around Memphis has them. I think because they like wet areas and disc golf courses around here are often on tracts that have low wet areas. BTW, they're called Honey Locusts because the 6-12" seed pods inner pulp is supposed to be sweet. Never tried it though. Someone else can verify that.
They've punched holes in several of my discs, making them illegal.

These stories are absolute gold.

Too many homeless stories to even get into if you try and play one single round at the San Lorenzo course in Santa Cruz. You'll leave with at least a few funny and not so funny experiences. I've had good-hearted hobos throw my disc back to me thinking I was playing pass or lost it. I've thrown and hit like 4-5 people sleeping under a basket, etc, etc. No cholos or gang members. Straight up hippies, meth-heads, transients, and blanco-basura types. Everyone will try and sell you heroin or meth... needles everywhere, spoons, condoms... Good stuff Santa Cruz!

This is expected though...

Most weird experience by FAR (...and I'm sure some of you can envision this perfectly) was pulling into the pay to park lot at DeLaveaga @2pm on a Friday. Immediately turning into the first and only open spot to the left of the entrance, across from the permit printer thing.

I sit there for a minute. Eat my gyro, check my phone, get my headphones and backpack all set up, etc. 2 minutes in I notice a flash of movement in the 240sx parked next to me. I quickly glance over and see a tangle of flesh through the fogged cheapo film-purple tinted windows. It was packed that day! The clubhouse was open and there were people everywhere, all over the parking lot especially so my first thought was that it was a mom changing her baby's diaper. I embarrassingly glanced my eyes away and proceeded to pack a few bowls of the sticky green while I waited for an opening on the first hole. Like I said, it was packed. Needless to say I smoked a fair amount sitting there waiting for at least 10 minutes....

Then...

It hit me...

The lady next to me had been "changing her kids diaper for 10 minutes?"

I was clearing my last bowl as I moved over to the passenger seat to peer into the little Nissan. Right away I am greeted by the ass of some grody chick with a... you know what... giving her the business. Literally pressed up against the window so you could see.... everything..... Maybe 1 and 1/2 feet from my face. I instantly choke up on my bud and let out a what can only be described as a combination of a girly scream/laugh/yell/choking sound. Not wanting to see more I get out and start walking to the tee but cannot contain myself and start laughing hysterically blazed off my ass.

I thought maybe (as stupid as this sounds) for the first time in my life I was hallucinating off bud and asked a random person to check and make sure what I saw was real. The guy instantly started laughing and taking pictures with his phone. He reported they did not stop even after making eye contact with him.

This was in the middle of a small, packed parking lot, in the most visible spot possible. This was like 3 days ago. Santa Cruz man...

Some things can NEVER be UN-seen. Cali is like the circus headed West....and stayed there:D

Near Deer

I've had two near deer experiences (Seneca and Patapsco) and hit a deer at Iron Hill. I guess they see the movement and decide to bolt across the fairway. At Middletown, there was a couple making out on a blanket in the middle of the first fairway. At Seneca, a photographer showed up and asked if she could follow my group around because she was making a brochure for a local community and wanted to show local activities available. One of my nicknames is "Ugly Hat" and I removed my hat to play and she insisted that I keep it on (Ugly Face?) presumably because it gave me "that outdoor sporty look". I take a lot of grief for that.

One time my brother, his brother-in-law and I were playing a course and there was a drunk guy staggering around the treeline next to hole #12. He looked like he was looking for something on the ground. They both threw and went to both sides of him. I threw and it landed about 20-30 ft away, but you could tell he heard it land. We started yelling UFO!!UFO!! and he staggered off. When we walked up the discs I yelled out, 'Look I found $20!'. He just sat down on a picnic table and started watching us.

Latest posts