• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Streamline Discs by MVP

Who's gotten their hands on a Flair? Would love a comparison to an FD3 or Firebird if anyone's thrown both.

From another thread...

Tried some of the new releases.

Cosmic Flare is dump beefy, not glidey beefy, put it in the bag to compare with my fireballs for a while.. pretty comparable like i thought but have only thrown it a hand full of times field testing so far, tried anny flexing it but it really just wants to dump! also tried it on a thumber once and it didn't seem to work as well as my fireball for thumbers. Overall i do like the disc so far but will have to see if it can replace my most OS fireball slot in time. Thinking it will do well for forehands

Prism with Plasma core Wrath is flippy, first throw turn and burns into moderate wind, nothing like my proton/neutron wraths at all, probably -2 turn out of the box, disappointed in that one, will go to my wife considering its sparkly and pink.

Have not tried the Entropy as they were all picked over by the time i got to the shop!
Sounds like FAF champ fbird kind of beefy...

Just bought a flare from Hokum yesterday.
She had a stack of straight beauty at her clinic in CoMo.
I was able to thumb through quite a bit and couldn't believe this hadn't been snagged up yet.
Definitely feels like it should have a whole heapin side of beef, I can't wait to start dropping some spike hyzers on some baskets

Attachments

• streamline flare.jpg
    streamline flare.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 70
fortunately for myself I don't have issues finding discs.
Helps to keep them in the fairway and to be able to track effectively.

Anyone got dates when those sweet neutron Pilots are coming out in this month?

Wasnt gonna buy new discs but as I putt with soft electron Pilots I cant pass these by :eek:

They haven't announced when or what the May releases will be yet. I've been waiting for the Firm E pilots that they gave out during the Winter Circuits...:crickets:

Anyone got dates when those sweet neutron Pilots are coming out in this month?

Wasnt gonna buy new discs but as I putt with soft electron Pilots I cant pass these by :eek:

The teaser they released on Facebook said "who's ready for the May announcement" sonid expect it to be soon. I don't followntheir announcements closely, but I think they regularly happen the first or 2nd week of the month, and are available for sale by the end of the month.

So the drift is continuing to impress. It's reigniting my love for throwing with hyzer. Actually, streamline is stealing a lot of spots in my bag. Trace has been getting more use than my photon and pilot for putting. I've been telling myself to not get a flare because I love my motion and I it's taking everything I have to not pick up a runway until I try an entropy. If the lift can be a drift with no turn and mild fade, I'm in.

^ I think I just saw a post that the Lift will be like a sidewinder/roadrunner type disc with flight # 9/5/-2/1.5 Could be good. Just hope it isn't TOO flippy.

^ I think I just saw a post that the Lift will be like a sidewinder/roadrunner type disc with flight # 9/5/-2/1.5 Could be good. Just hope it isn't TOO flippy.

I have thrown slightly overstable Roadrunners and Sidewinders that are so understable they would rurn and burn from a 45 degree hyzer......

It should fit in somewhere ;)

Streamline is a mystery to me. I like the discs I've tried but their early disc flight choices are odd.

Neutral Putter- good starter

Straight/Stable Control driver- ok, useful disc

Understable fairway- cool, very different from what they have

Overstable mid- well they're definitely popular

Super overstable fairway/control- feel like there were other spots to fill before this one

Slightly faster understable fairway/control- why when there's only one putter, distance driver, and mid?

I was hoping the lift would be a stable compliment to the drift.

Yea it is a bit odd... They don't have anything like the most popular drivers...No destroyer/Force/Trilogy whatever, no teebird/eagle/crave and no thunderbird/volt/pd...

It is especially odd that they haven't made something like a Destroyer considering MVP/Axiom doesn't really have one either... The fanbois would be camping out to get their hands on them...

Last edited:
Yea it is a bit odd... They don't have anything like the most popular drivers...No destroyer/Force/Trilogy whatever, no teebird/eagle/crave and no thunderbird/volt/pd...

It is especially odd that they haven't made something like a Destroyer considering MVP/Axiom doesn't really have one either... The fanbois would be camping out to get their hands on them...

Yes on the Force. I havent found a mvp/axiom disc that fits my forehand better than a force. I just ordered a heavy proton Trace to see if it comes close.

I agree, I'd like to see a set complete so they get the similar feel, size, etc just different stability. Like a Fairway US, Stable, and OS all the same speed/range. But....I guess random releases? They should make a go-to control driver like a 10/5/-1/2 That type of disc NEEDS to be made, and in my opinion nobody has nailed it yet. The trace is close but its too much of a distance driver for that. The Volt is really close but too much of a fairway, if they can do a mix between those 2 it would be great. because the Insanity, Inertia, Wrath, Tesla, just aren't THAT exactly, they have a way different feel and profile. Basically a speed 10 wraith is what I want

Max Weight: 176.0gr
Diameter: 21.2cm
Height: 1.8cm
Rim Depth: 1.4cm
Rim Thickness: 1.1cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 18.8cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 6.6%
Rim Configuration: 56.25
Flexibility: 8.75kg

Looks like a putter hybrid to me...

Last edited:

Latest posts