• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Streamline Lift

TKWolverine

Birdie Member
Streamline has a new disc scheduled to be approved tomorrow: the Lift. (21.2 diameter)

Any insight/rumors/predictions re.what kind of disc this might be?

I hope its something like a straight control driver. IE: Undertaker / Volt. but, idk....lift is a weird name - maybe its a US glidey disc

They just did an OS 9speed control driver 0 3.5, already have the Trace at 11 5 -1 2. This is a 10 speed judging from the rim width, and they don't have a true 0 2 yet...

:popcorn:

This worries me. I, and many others, have been asking for Streamline pilots in a premium plastic for over two years. Every month I check out the new MVP/Axiom/Streamline new release announcement, and every month get let down that it's not on the list. When they announced the Flare was debuting in cosmic neutron plastic, the video showed what looked to be putters in this premium plastic. A lot of people pointed out what looked to be cosmic neutron pilots, and I got super excited. Now I fear that those were actually cosmic neutron Lifts.

I'm sure it will be a good disc though. Streamline releases so far have been solid.

According to the PDGA, the Lift is the same rim thickness as the Flare (2.0 cm). Given the Flare has OS covered, I'm expecting something neutral to understable. There's quite a bit of room in the lineup to fit something between the Drift and the Trace.

This worries me. I, and many others, have been asking for Streamline pilots in a premium plastic for over two years. Every month I check out the new MVP/Axiom/Streamline new release announcement, and every month get let down that it's not on the list. When they announced the Flare was debuting in cosmic neutron plastic, the video showed what looked to be putters in this premium plastic. A lot of people pointed out what looked to be cosmic neutron pilots, and I got super excited. Now I fear that those were actually cosmic neutron Lifts.

I'm sure it will be a good disc though. Streamline releases so far have been solid.

If you look at the profile of the discs that supposed to be Pilots, you can tell that it's a putter and not a faster disc. You can see the profile in a video on Streamline's Facebook page.

According to the PDGA, the Lift is the same rim thickness as the Flare (2.0 cm). Given the Flare has OS covered, I'm expecting something neutral to understable. There's quite a bit of room in the lineup to fit something between the Drift and the Trace.

If you look at the profile of the discs that supposed to be Pilots, you can tell that it's a putter and not a faster disc. You can see the profile in a video on Streamline's Facebook page.

Yeah I suppose I could have just looked into the specs instead of jumping to conclusions, but where's the fun in that! :D Thanks for pointing that out.

That's what I'm hoping for.

nah those side profiles were rounded and thick, I think you'll be getting your neutron Pilots soon enough ;) :hfive:

Specs on Lift:

Max Weight: 176.0gr
Diameter: 21.2cm
Height: 1.7cm
Rim Depth: 1.2cm
Rim Thickness: 2.0cm
Inside Rim Dia: 17.2cm
Rim Depth/Dia: 5.7%
Rim Config.: 28.00
Flexibility: 11.93kg

Volt:

Max Weight: 175.13g
Diameter: 21.1cm
Height: 1.6cm
Rim Depth: 1.1cm
Inside Dia: 17.1cm
Rim Thickness: 2cm
Rim Depth/Dia: 5.2
Rim Config: 28.25
Flexibility: 10.09kg

Thunderbird:

Max Weight: 175.96g
Inside Dia: 17.3cm
Rim Thickness: 1.9cm
Rim Depth/Dia: 5.2%
Rim Config: 31
Flexibility: 6.46kg

Escape:

Height: 2cm
Rim Config: 27.75
Flexibility: 10.32kg

Glidey Volt?

Specs on Lift:

Max Weight: 176.0gr
Height: 1.7cm
Rim Depth: 1.2cm
Rim Thickness: 2.0cm
Inside Rim Dia: 17.2cm
Rim Depth/Dia: 5.7%
Rim Config.: 28.00
Flexibility: 11.93kg

Volt:

Rim Depth/Dia: 5.2
Rim Config: 28.25
Flexibility: 10.09kg

Thunderbird:

Max Weight: 175.96g
Inside Dia: 17.3cm
Rim Thickness: 1.9cm
Rim Config: 31
Flexibility: 6.46kg

Escape:

Height: 2cm
Rim Config: 27.75
Flexibility: 10.32kg

Glidey Volt?

Yes, please!!

Streamline Lift 9 5 -2 1.5

https://streamlinediscs.com/discs/lift/
Prepare for liftoff with the new distance driver from Streamline, the Lift! The Lift is Streamline's new understable distance driver, designed as a straight flying driver with a comfortable rim size and slightly domed profile. The Lift is the second disc along with the Flare in the new 19mm Speed 9 Driver Class for Streamline. In Streamline Neutron Plastic the Lift has premium grip and durability, along with a huge variety of Neutron and Cosmic Neutron color options. For controllable flight lines with effortless glide, activate Bernoulli's principle with the new Streamline Neutron and Cosmic Neutron Lift!

streamlineliftSE_blue1K.jpg

Last edited:
Now knowing that it is more on the understable side, I wonder what disc it will be most comparable to. Beast-L, Heat, Insanity?

At 9/5/-2/1.5 it should be in the ballpark of a Valk (9/4/-2/2) or Escape (9/5/-1/2). A quick look around at Innova, Discmania and DD's site I couldn't see anything else with exactly the same combination of numbers. Infinite shows a Legacy Bandit at 8.9/5/-2/1. Infinite also shows a Heat at 8.9/5.5/-2.8/1 and an Undertaker at 8.8/5/-1/2.4, so a mashup of those two?

I think that the more stable than they should be RRs and SWs that have come out in that last couple years would probably be the closest. Friend of mine had an Innova Star teamstamped SW 2 years ago that was pretty much those flight numbers. On a hard flat rip, it would turnover but wouldn't burn and would flatten out before it hit the ground. He liked to throw sweeping hyzers with it. A bit of air and it wouldn't flip all the way up and just glide to the left for days.

I do the same thing with my HOF Wave that's a bit more stable than its supposed to be.

Latest posts