• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Striker -vs- Saint

Striker: 9/5/-1/2

Saint: 9/6/-1/2

I've thrown the Striker, alot, and am wondering how these two compare aside from the quick glance at the numbers. Also, anyone thinking the Striker might be going OOP? Whatcha say?

I had a striker that flew like my saints do, but saints glide is so different. I do see overlap, i felt that the saint rim was a little smaller. That is interesting. Have not thrown a striker in a while so cannot speak to current runs.

Last edited:
Besides, lats own website has the saint at glide "7" not "6"

Talking to Ragna at worlds... she says it's a less stable Striker with more glide. Saying something to the effect of... "It's what the Striker was supposed to be"

Talking to Ragna at worlds... she says it's a less stable Striker with more glide. Saying something to the effect of... "It's what the Striker was supposed to be"

It looks like everybody has their own interpretation....

I find my Saints fade out quite a bit longer than my Strikers. My Strikers are also slightly less stable than my Saints.

Basically, you feel the Saint has more glide and is more stable than the Striker? I don't find the Striker to have a glide issue, but it's not the longest speed 9 out there - the accuracy is definitely where it shines. I'll be interested to see how they throw side by side.

What kind of distance are you getting from the Saint and Striker?

I find my Saints fade out quite a bit longer than my Strikers. My Strikers are also slightly less stable than my Saints.

Why would latitude put any of it's stuff OOP already? :confused:

Latitude has already discontinued several of their launch molds such as the Primitus and Mirus.

And unless I am mistaken, the Medius mold has underwent changes since its introduction.

I have found my strikers to be slightly more stable than the saint. If I don't put hyzer on my saint it's not coming back unless it's a 100 ft in the air. The striker is my main driver but I see the saint creeping up there cause it just glides forever. I broke 420 ft with the saint last night and my strikers usually end up in the 370 -400 ft range. The saint will go right on you if you put any oat on it. The striker will come back a lot better from oat.

Basically, you feel the Saint has more glide and is more stable than the Striker? I don't find the Striker to have a glide issue, but it's not the longest speed 9 out there - the accuracy is definitely where it shines. I'll be interested to see how they throw side by side.

What kind of distance are you getting from the Saint and Striker?

I have a noodle arm. Open field throwing, I can consistently hit 300'-320' with my Strikers and Saints. I don't use a run up... just a simple and slow X-step. My Strikers finish fairly straight for me, my Saints have an excellent fade and hyzer out quite nicely.

Hmm, this thread makes me even more curious about my incoming Saint. Have a Striker, I've started throwing it more recently, but it will be interesting to see how they compare.

Thanks for the replies everyone (and for ignoring the troll attempt). It sounds like the Saint may be a little bit longer and of similar stability to the Striker. I don't know if more glide is what I'm wanting from a Striker, but I'm interested enough to pick up an Opto Saint.

there's probably over a dozen threads on the Striker...virtually impossible to find information given all those threads
as I am throwing Saints I will post to this thread rather than create a new one
but I want to know a bit more on the comparison on the Saint vs Striker

is the Striker more stable?
which Strikers are the "good" ones? I understand that there is some variance

My favorite strikers have been the flat GL first run strikers. They were my main overstable drivers until i dumped them for SOLFs, which imho are glidier and longer and available in much lighter weights. A little bit of high speed turn and late forward fade when released flat and level. All the other GLs ive thrown have been closer to Starfires or FLs than Orcs and TLs. Lots of overstability from the get-go. Something tells me i've just been unlucky with the Strikers i've gotten because so many people here claim they have stirkers with a lot of high speed turn.

With that said, and as i posted in the other threads, i found the Saint to be the perfect partner for OLFs and other moderately overstable drivers.

Latest posts