• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stuck at 320

I threw a roc 300 today. I can't figure out why that roc went 300 and the the other two didn't. It was freaky.

Well; I'm coming from the opposite direction and just now peaking at about 310-320 with accuracy. Funny thing is, when I turn over a disc (like a SW or Leo) it will go for like 350+. I was peaking @ 275ft two months ago, so I'm pleased but still feeling like I'm reaching a plateau. I'm trying to start 'leaning' forward into my pulls on stuff that I want to hyzer-flip - which seems to get some of my longest shots (Viking, Valk, SW, Archon, SL), but my lines are still too high (nose up) at times and I can see the disc stalling. I figure at this point that my best best for distance is going to be lazer hyzer-flip lines with the nose level instead of up. I hope to be hitting 350 regularly by this time next year - seems reasonable. I know my grip needs work as well - it never ends.

The vid looks like a strong arm to me. It's very common for folks strong arming to top out in the 300' range, give or take.

I found during my learning process that walking up more parallel to the target, as opposed to having your back turned the whole time (like you do in the vid) helps this a lot. It's very easy to end up strong arming when you do that.

When you stay more parallel, and only turn your hips/shoulders when you actual start your reachback, it makes it harder to strong arm.